Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122263 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2250 on: December 14, 2023, 06:29:02 PM »
I love how EVs are made out of unicorn wishes and dolphin dreams and will save Earth from certain doom & destruction unless Elon Musk is involved.

AOC: Elon Musk is the devil
Also AOC: Hey everybody, look at my new Tesla!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2251 on: December 14, 2023, 07:25:13 PM »
AOC: Elon Musk is the devil
Also AOC: Hey everybody, look at my new Tesla!

Stop trying to date her!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2252 on: December 14, 2023, 07:38:24 PM »
You can not make this stuff up

Nicki Neily
@nickineily
🚨Last night in Virginia, Fairfax County School Board member @KarlFrisch
 was sworn in on a stack “LGBTQ themed” books, including one that depicts naked teenage boys.

Don't forget that the “book ban” narrative is part of a dishonest political campaign aimed at attacking parents.

Families wanting age-appropriate material in their children’s schools is NOT “book banning,” it's common sense.
https://twitter.com/nickineily/status/1735293057879113766

Watched the video and sure enough, instead of a Bible, Quran , whatever, they used a stack of as they said LGBTQ themed books  :O
Seriously, LGBTQ books?

School Board Member Sworn In on Stack of 'LGBTQ-Themed' Books
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/12/14/school-board-member-sworn-in-on-stack-of-lgbtq-themed-books-n2390830
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 08:36:16 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2253 on: December 14, 2023, 08:34:28 PM »
Swearing on a stack of sodomite books.  How appropriate.  The government of this nation has utter contempt for God.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2254 on: December 14, 2023, 10:05:47 PM »
As if we didn't already know Woke is a religion.

Speaking of which, congratulations to Iowa's latter-day Gideon, beheading the Satan statue. What a stud.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2255 on: December 15, 2023, 08:24:47 AM »
You can not make this stuff up
https://twitter.com/nickineily/status/1735293057879113766

Watched the video and sure enough, instead of a Bible, Quran , whatever, they used a stack of as they said LGBTQ themed books  :O
Seriously, LGBTQ books?

School Board Member Sworn In on Stack of 'LGBTQ-Themed' Books
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/12/14/school-board-member-sworn-in-on-stack-of-lgbtq-themed-books-n2390830

I know Karl. Met with him numerous times on an issue we're dealing with with the school that abuts both of our communities.

He's a smarmy, creepy, reprehensible person, and would be even if he hadn't pulled this stunt.

And to be clear, he's smarmy, creepy, and reprehensible for reasons other than his sexuality. But throw in the pedophilia on top and wow, just *expletive deleted*ing wow.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2256 on: December 15, 2023, 09:29:10 AM »
Here's a thread Elon started up on twitter, sorry X
Now your word processors are programed to keep you PC

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Microsoft Word now scolds you if you use words that aren’t “inclusive”!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1735564647997030632
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2257 on: December 15, 2023, 09:32:15 AM »
Here's a thread Elon started up on twitter
Now your word processors are programed to keep you PC
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1735564647997030632

I just came to post that.

STFU Microsoft. This is one of the reasons that I hate cloud based everything.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2258 on: December 15, 2023, 09:34:01 AM »
Whoops, forgot the twitchy link

We Miss Clippy: Elon Musk Notices Microsoft Word Scolds You for Language That's Not 'Inclusive'
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/12/15/microsoft-elon-inclusive-language-n2390846
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2259 on: December 15, 2023, 09:55:22 AM »
This week Outlook complained about the tone of an email I was writing and suggested I enable a feature to monitor that in future emails.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2260 on: December 15, 2023, 09:58:55 AM »
Party like it's 1984
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2261 on: December 15, 2023, 10:18:16 AM »
Remember the woman suing the airlines for not providing extra seating for free and then complaining the aisle were too narrow both to allow for her extra girth?

Well...

Low-cost carrier Southwest Airlines is being celebrated by "passengers of size" on TikTok after they discovered they can request complimentary seats – one or two, depending on needs – to accommodate their girth.

Customers whose bodies "encroach" past the armrest are entitled to an extra seat, according to Southwest's inclusion policy. They are currently one of the few, if not the only, airlines to offer free seats to larger passengers.

Guess who's paying for those extra seats?

Southwest Airlines celebrated for policy to give a full row to 'passengers of size' for free
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/southwest-airlines-celebrated-policy-give-full-row-passengers-free

Of course the Babylon Bee couldn't let this past them by without a shot or two

Southwest Airlines To Provide Plus-Size Customers With Bed Of Hay, Feeding Trough
https://babylonbee.com/news/southwest-airlines-to-provide-customers-of-size-with-bed-of-hay-feeding-trough
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 10:40:33 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2262 on: December 15, 2023, 10:29:13 AM »
If I just don't like people sitting next to me on the plane can I take advantage of this as well?  Surely they won't body-shame me for not sufficiently encroaching on the armrest.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2263 on: December 15, 2023, 10:34:39 AM »
I won't fly Southwest anyway, so it's not going to be an issue for me but:

Southwest provided its policy to Fox Business which said that passengers of size "have the option of purchasing just one seat and then discussing your seating needs with the Customer Service Agent at the departure gate. If it’s determined that a second (or third) seat is needed, you’ll be accommodated with a complimentary additional seat."

The flight team will then try to effort to make the seating arrangements, potentially moving other passengers around for the "unplanned accommodation."

The policy states, "Customers who encroach upon any part of the neighboring seat(s) may proactively purchase the needed number of seats prior to travel to ensure the additional seat(s) is available… The purchase of additional seats serves as a notification of a special seating need and allows us to adequately plan for the number of occupied seats onboard."

"It also helps us ensure we can accommodate all Customers on the flight for which they purchased a ticket and avoid asking Customers to relinquish their seats for unplanned accommodation. Most importantly, it ensures that all Customers onboard have access to safe and comfortable seating. You may contact us for a refund of the cost of additional seating after travel," the policy continues.

If I got bumped off a flight I paid for because some fatass couldn't fit in a seat, I would end up TikTok famous for the.....non-inclusive language I would direct at said cetaceans on my way off the aircraft.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2264 on: December 15, 2023, 10:57:24 AM »
If I just don't like people sitting next to me on the plane can I take advantage of this as well?  Surely they won't body-shame me for not sufficiently encroaching on the armrest.

If you dress in ladies clothes and tell them you feel unsafe near cis people, they'll give you a row of seats for free.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2265 on: December 15, 2023, 11:11:07 AM »
I want free seats because I want to make sure no white people are sitting next to me. You know, because they be racist and stuff.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2266 on: December 15, 2023, 11:48:52 AM »
A city council meeting in Ukraine:

https://twitter.com/Mrgunsngear/status/1735665157819302352

That livened things up.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2267 on: December 15, 2023, 11:51:18 AM »
A city council meeting in Ukraine:

https://twitter.com/Mrgunsngear/status/1735665157819302352

That livened things up.

Do I have your attention now?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2268 on: December 15, 2023, 02:41:42 PM »
Remember the woman suing the airlines for not providing extra seating for free and then complaining the aisle were too narrow both to allow for her extra girth?

Well...

Guess who's paying for those extra seats?

Southwest Airlines celebrated for policy to give a full row to 'passengers of size' for free
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/southwest-airlines-celebrated-policy-give-full-row-passengers-free

Of course the Babylon Bee couldn't let this past them by without a shot or two

Southwest Airlines To Provide Plus-Size Customers With Bed Of Hay, Feeding Trough
https://babylonbee.com/news/southwest-airlines-to-provide-customers-of-size-with-bed-of-hay-feeding-trough

The Babylon Bee is not done

Southwest Introduces New C-17 Cargo Plane Capable Of Carrying Your Mom
https://babylonbee.com/news/southwest-introduces-new-c-17-cargo-plane-capable-of-carrying-your-mom

At publishing time, the airline confirmed their new cargo jet was in for repairs, having blown out several tires during landing on your mom's inaugural flight
:rofl:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 05:22:40 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2269 on: December 15, 2023, 05:16:06 PM »
What the What?! Daily Caller Publishes Gay Sex Video Senate Staffer Made IN the Senate Hearing Room
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2023/12/15/senate-staffer-sex-tape-n2390866

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2270 on: December 15, 2023, 05:21:48 PM »
What the What?! Daily Caller Publishes Gay Sex Video Senate Staffer Made IN the Senate Hearing Room
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2023/12/15/senate-staffer-sex-tape-n2390866

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2271 on: December 15, 2023, 06:26:37 PM »
As if we didn't already know Woke is a religion.

Speaking of which, congratulations to Iowa's latter-day Gideon, beheading the Satan statue. What a stud.

Probably a formal naval officer soon too.

How would you feel if it was a Muslim who beheaded a baby Jesus statue in a nativity scene?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2272 on: December 15, 2023, 10:01:38 PM »

How would you feel if it was a Muslim who beheaded a baby Jesus statue in a nativity scene?

Satan is an embodiment of evil and Jesus Christ isn't... the two are not equivalent.

And Muslims revere Jesus, though I suppose many would object to him being represented in a statue.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2273 on: December 15, 2023, 10:16:19 PM »
Probably a formal naval officer soon too.

Muslims have beheaded Christians in this country. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2274 on: December 15, 2023, 10:20:45 PM »
Satan is an embodiment of evil and Jesus Christ isn't... the two are not equivalent.
Only if you are Christian, not everyone is Christian nor desires to be. It isn't required to be a Christian either to live in the US.

And Muslims revere Jesus, though I suppose many would object to him being represented in a statue.

So would you be upset if the destroyed a nativity display?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536