Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122209 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2350 on: January 02, 2024, 10:39:55 AM »
Holy *expletive deleted*ing Hell.

"Trans inclusion is a national security imperative".

https://twitter.com/i/status/1741490835051720813

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/01/01/trans-lt-colonel-says-inclusion-is-a-national-security-imperative-n2391298

1st let me say Space Force is not the Real Military.  We'll take the Coast Guard first.

2nd., and holy hell I hate that I'm typing this, but he has a small kernel of a point in that video.  In the context of Space Force's mission they need really smart folks writing the code, designing the satellites and space based weapons (?  ;) ), and setting the battlefield in the Space Domain.  Until we actually field Vipers and a Battlestar, Space Force is fighting with their brains and a laptop.  In that context it makes sense to try and get the smartest, most ruthless, top of their field folks on the team and working to the fullest potential.  if that includes folks with mental (or physical) issues that would rightly preclude them from joining the Combat Forces, then it makes some sense to try and get their value added.

The very real problem(s) become when you are actively seeking out folks with issues because they have the issues and not because they are the best at what they do, when you celebrate those issues as innately good instead of something this valuable person has to overcome, and when you expand acceptance of those issues outside roles in which they don't matter into roles in which they very much do matter.  All of those problems are happening now, and should be addressed but don't negate the underlying kernel of a point the LTC has.

As an example, If we were doing research into some kind of Anti-matter bomb and Steven Hawking had offered to help, we wouldn't be like "You don't let cripples in the military!!".  Or, less theoretically, I think we all agree that we shouldn't have a bunch of Nazi's running around our military, but Werner Von Braun sure got a pass, and successfully helped us out quite a bit. 

That said, in practice, the TG's I've personally had to deal with in the military were not the top of their field, universally caused problems, and lowered the mission effectiveness of not only their unit but unit's supporting and adjacent to theirs, and were largely given a pass for the issues because any real discipline of them was a JAG nightmare. (sample size of 9)  Maybe the Space Force is utilizing their Trans troops better than the Army is.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2351 on: January 02, 2024, 10:56:22 AM »
Maybe the Space Force is utilizing their Trans troops better than the Army is.

Does that seem likely to you?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2352 on: January 02, 2024, 11:51:28 AM »
SCIENCE!

Bleeding and shedding your uterine lining is a SYMPTOM of your period, not the cause.

Your period is caused by your HORMONE levels, and the physiological effects they have on your body. Trans women hormone levels fluctuate on HRT just like cis women. We do in fact get periods. https://t.co/Sn7IrwcY6t
    — New Years Evie! 🎉🥂🥛🍾 (@CaptAmazo) December 30, 2023

if you are cramping, you probably need to poop.
  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/02/trans-woman-yes-a-dude-insists-men-get-periods-too-n2391313
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2353 on: January 02, 2024, 12:51:39 PM »
2nd., and holy hell I hate that I'm typing this, but he has a small kernel of a point in that video.  In the context of Space Force's mission they need really smart folks writing the code, designing the satellites and space based weapons (?  ;) ), and setting the battlefield in the Space Domain.  Until we actually field Vipers and a Battlestar, Space Force is fighting with their brains and a laptop.  In that context it makes sense to try and get the smartest, most ruthless, top of their field folks on the team and working to the fullest potential.  if that includes folks with mental (or physical) issues that would rightly preclude them from joining the Combat Forces, then it makes some sense to try and get their value added.

I get what you are saying, but - and this is just my layman's opinion - my belief is that ALL transgenders have underlying mental issues and mental instability that I want to see kept well away from anything sensitive. I mean, the luggage thief is a prime example on the civilian side - clearance for nuke stuff, yet crazy as a loon, who also put his/it's transgender agenda above the job, of which there is ample twitter evidence.

I don't want unstable crazy people, regardless of their sex, anywhere near critical systems.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2354 on: January 02, 2024, 01:17:29 PM »
I get what you are saying, but - and this is just my layman's opinion - my belief is that ALL transgenders have underlying mental issues and mental instability that I want to see kept well away from anything sensitive. I mean, the luggage thief is a prime example on the civilian side - clearance for nuke stuff, yet crazy as a loon, who also put his/it's transgender agenda above the job, of which there is ample twitter evidence.

I don't want unstable crazy people, regardless of their sex, anywhere near critical systems.

[Devil's Advocate]

That makes sense.

What mental illnesses are included in this opinion, asked the functional alcoholic with PTSD and a security clearance?

[Devil's Advocate]

You aren't wrong though, and all mental illnesses aren't created equal.  We demonstrably do give folks that are right on the edge of sociopath/Serial Killer guns, bombs, and drones and point them at targets though.

I agree that Transgenderisim is (when not a cynical cry for attention) a mental illness, and a compassionate society would help them live with their illness, not validate their delusions and encourage permanent body alterations.  That ship seems to have sailed at least for the next decade or so though.  Cultural acceptance is a slippery thing, so maybe we'll stop encouraging this madness one day.

Perhaps the base problem is not the disease, but that so many folks (both with and without it) celebrate the disease.  If we treated TG like depression or ADHD, as something that you have and need to work through, instead of something that makes you stunning and brave perhaps less people with it would make it the basis for their personality.

I dunno, just an idea.

Does that seem likely to you?

I don't know.  I confess to knowing very little about the day-to-day culture of the Space Force.  I assume that it's similar to the USAF where they got most of their people, but they seem to have taken the kinda wierd boffins from the USAF, not pilots and air crew, so they could be a special place. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2355 on: January 02, 2024, 01:21:26 PM »

Pretty much. Until being trans is seen as a liability, instead of some sick stigmata of the beatified, it's safe to assume no tranny's brilliance outweighs his/her mental issues. And even then...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2356 on: January 02, 2024, 01:34:06 PM »
[Devil's Advocate]

That makes sense.

What mental illnesses are included in this opinion, asked the functional alcoholic with PTSD and a security clearance?

[Devil's Advocate]

You aren't wrong though, and all mental illnesses aren't created equal.  We demonstrably do give folks that are right on the edge of sociopath/Serial Killer guns, bombs, and drones and point them at targets though.

Sure, I agree that there are plenty of not transgender people that are iffy on the mental stability front, and also that there is some range of mental issues/stability from which a line has to be drawn of "okay vs not okay". For that matter, I, as I'm sure you have, ran into way too many people that likely didn't have mental issues, that should have been nowhere near a security clearance for a wide variety of other reasons.

Yet (and I'll certainly concede that the internet may bias me) when I see what the vast majority of transgenders do and say on social media, that particular mental illness has way too high of a probability for unstable behavior. Enough that (laymans opinion again) if they are to be included in the military, it should be in a role that can't cause serious harm. Other than to their coworkers when they inevitably go on a shooting spree to stop the transgender genocide on the day of vengeance.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2357 on: January 02, 2024, 02:02:14 PM »
I dunno man, I'm just a dumb grunt that got some extra training. Twitchy is designed to produce clicks and outrage, not actual thought or discussion so I thought I'd mention that the LTC isn't 100 wrong.  If the next Von Brown, Oppenhiemer, Kelly Johnson, Turing or whatever brilliant mind is sitting at home right now wondering if they have the correct privates, it may in the National Interest to not simply write them off, and try to harness their talents.  That benefit risk absolutely needs to be weighed against the risk of the various Bradly Manning's out there as well.

Diversity just for diversity's sake is often be a fools game, but remaining open to Diversity when building a high achieving team is critical.  I don't have to like what the culture is doing to basic gender to still work within the reality I'm being presented with.

Enough that (laymans opinion again) if they are to be included in the military, it should be in a role that can't cause serious harm. Other than to their coworkers when they inevitably go on a shooting spree to stop the transgender genocide on the day of vengeance.

They're way more likely to off themselves than coworkers.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #2358 on: January 02, 2024, 07:49:15 PM »
Dave Chappelle meets Jim Carey who is identifying as Andy Kaufman

https://twitter.com/Martyupnorth_2/status/1741864081957793984

He later referred to the weapon his assaulter had as "a knife that identified as a gun"

The new Netflix show is great, as is Ricky Gervais'

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2359 on: January 03, 2024, 05:29:27 PM »
Virtual Gang Rape

British police are investigating the alleged gang rape of a girl’s avatar in a virtual reality game, in what is believed to be the first probe of its kind involving the metaverse.

The alleged victim, identified only as a girl under 16, was wearing a virtual reality headset in an immersive game when her avatar, an animated representation of her, was raped by those of several men, the Daily Mail first reported.

Although the accuser did not sustain any physical injuries, she may have suffered trauma similar to someone who’d been raped in real life, police sources told the outlet.
A senior police investigator told the Mail that the metaverse has become “rife” with online sex crimes and other types of offenses, including virtual thefts, but so far there have been no prosecutions in the UK.

For that to have even been possible someone would have had to written the code into the program for that and that really bothers me.

BTW: Metaverse = Facebook

Police investigating first case of girl’s virtual gang rape in metaverse
https://nypost.com/2024/01/02/news/police-investigating-first-case-of-virtual-rape-in-metaverse/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 06:02:58 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2360 on: January 03, 2024, 09:29:06 PM »
Virtual Gang Rape

For that to have even been possible someone would have had to written the code into the program for that and that really bothers me.

BTW: Metaverse = Facebook

Police investigating first case of girl’s virtual gang rape in metaverse
https://nypost.com/2024/01/02/news/police-investigating-first-case-of-virtual-rape-in-metaverse/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost
The entire article is just talking about "virtual crimes" as a group.  There doesn't seem to be any mention of what evidence there that this actually happened, just that they are "investigating".  I guess there may or may not be video or some other record.  The way the article is written, it makes me think there is nothing to this.  Just a reason for click bait headlines and grandstanding officials.

I have not messed with virtual reality games.  Do they have some programming for people to have sex these days.  They said she was wearing a headset (hands too?).  I don't know how that is supposed to work, consensual or not.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2361 on: January 03, 2024, 10:20:27 PM »
This child experienced psychological trauma similar to that of someone who has been physically raped.

;/  :facepalm:

Yeah, I really hope this is all made-up. In a world where words are violence, and silence is violence, maybe some people really believe that.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2362 on: January 04, 2024, 07:22:11 AM »

As an example, If we were doing research into some kind of Anti-matter bomb and Steven Hawking had offered to help, we wouldn't be like "You don't let cripples in the military!!".  Or, less theoretically, I think we all agree that we shouldn't have a bunch of Nazi's running around our military, but Werner Von Braun sure got a pass, and successfully helped us out quite a bit. 

Huh.  Apparently my lumping of Stephen Hawking in with sexual deviants was prescient.

Quote from: Epstein documents
[Hawking] 'liked undressed midgets solve complex equations’ on a chalkboard that was set too high.

Did NOT have that on my 2024 bingo card

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2363 on: January 04, 2024, 07:26:49 AM »
Where did you see that?
On second thought, I don't want to know.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 07:45:50 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2364 on: January 04, 2024, 08:19:08 AM »
Huh.  Apparently my lumping of Stephen Hawking in with sexual deviants was prescient.

Did NOT have that on my 2024 bingo card

When I was in grad school, Hawking showed up to UCSB for some meeting/shindig because someone at the physics dept had just won a Nobel. His staff/entourage was composed of several hot grad girls. There might have been others with him, but the hot girls stood out to me as they were with him everywhere he rolled.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2365 on: January 04, 2024, 08:21:47 AM »
The Epstein docs were released yesterday, and the Podcasters and Twitter folks have been digging through them.  That tidbit was all over Twitter this morning.  If you Google "Stephen Hawking Midget Epstein" you'll get several tweets.

Probably don't want to click the image search on that one.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2366 on: January 04, 2024, 03:50:23 PM »
 Since some states are banning fluorescent lamps, I thought I'd provide a few data on the madness of that. The company I work for has been selling LED tubes to replace fluorescent tubes for several years now, mostly to local businesses. The LED tubes cost 2 or 3 times as much as fluorescent, but there are rebate programs that cover much of that cost - sometimes all of it. Even without rebates, an LED retrofit would still pay for itself in energy efficiency savings, and lower maintenance costs. With the rebates, going LED is a no-brainer.

I just saw a list (ranked by quantity sold) of items we sold to property management companies last year. Those are "third party management" companies that take care of office buildings, business parks, and other commercial properties. They're a big chunk of our business. We've helped most of them with at least one fluorescent-to-LED-tube retrofit job. Some of those are whole buildings. Some are one floor at a time.

Still, of the items we sold to those companies last year, the top 2 slots are 4' fluorescent tubes, and #3 is the recycling fee we charge for used-up 4' fluorescent tubes.  The top-selling LED tube is a very distant 4th. In fact, 6 of the top 10 slots are 4' fluorescent tubes. Of the top 20 items, only 6 are LED products. The old-style T12 lamp, which was outmoded by T8 lamps years ago, is still hanging on at #9. That's a 40-watt fluorescent tube that could easily be replaced by an LED that uses less than a quarter of the energy, and was supposed to have been replaced by a more efficient fluorescent option a long time ago. Yet we have customers still buying thousands of them.

On the other hand: the LED tubes we sell are more likely to be split up between different part numbers, different wattages, and also between LED tubes that bypass the fluorescent ballast, and those which are ballast-dependent. And, with LEDs, older SKUs are replaced by newer items every 5 minutes. So it's not as if no one's buying the stuff. It's just not the only stuff they're buying.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2368 on: January 05, 2024, 09:35:20 AM »
Wasn't sure where to put this one

Wonder how she fits her head through doorways?

Democratic mayor accused of antics so wild she deserves her own TV show: 'Real life Parks & Rec situation'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/democratic-mayor-accused-antics-wild-she-deserves-her-own-tv-show-real-life-parks-rec-situation

You get what you voted for
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2369 on: January 05, 2024, 04:38:00 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2371 on: January 06, 2024, 08:28:49 AM »
Babylon Bee wasn't about to let the Elon post above go without adding to it  :rofl:

Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Makes Good On DEI Promise By Signing New Power Forward Peter Dinklage
https://babylonbee.com/news/mark-cuban-makes-good-on-dei-promise-by-signing-new-power-forward-peter-dinklage
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2372 on: January 06, 2024, 12:04:20 PM »
Bond films are now offensive

The British Film Institute (BFI) has provided multiple trigger warnings for audiences ahead of its upcoming season of classic film screenings in tribute to British film composer John Barry, including James Bond movies.

As media outlets The Guardian and The Daily Mail reported this week, the films shown at the upcoming "John Barry: Soundtracking Bond and Beyond" BFI season have been given a disclaimer warning that they "will cause offence [sic]."

Among these screenings are the two Sean Connery-era Bond flicks which Barry provided music for: 1967’s "You Only Live Twice," and 1964's "Goldfinger."

British Film Institute places trigger warnings on screenings of classic James Bond films: ‘Will cause offence'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/british-film-institute-places-trigger-warnings-screenings-classic-james-bond-films-will-cause-offense
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2373 on: January 06, 2024, 01:24:38 PM »
Florida Man now stealing fish from Brass Pro

Cops hunt for Florida man who fled Bass Pro Shops with a 50lb tarpon he fished out of the store's pond with a net
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12894217/Cops-hunt-Florida-man-fled-Bass-Pro-Shops-50lb-tarpon-fished-stores-pond-net.html

Not to be outdone here comes Bama Man

Alabama man strips buck naked, cannonballs into Bass Pro Shop aquarium, knocks himself unconscioushttps://t.co/VMnw610AvFhttps://t.co/VMnw610AvF
    — Not the Bee (@Not_the_Bee) January 5, 2024
https://twitchy.com/laura-w/2024/01/06/nekkid-as-a-jaybird-alabama-man-arrested-after-cannonball-into-bass-pro-shop-aquarium-n2391439

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2374 on: January 06, 2024, 04:06:12 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden