Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 122268 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2400 on: January 09, 2024, 11:33:59 AM »
^^^^^^
He was Italian/Sicilian. Not kidding.
His real name was Espera Oscar de Corti

Yes, I have heard that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2401 on: January 09, 2024, 01:59:26 PM »
Requires a massive amount of delta-V making it cost prohibitive. It actually takes less energy to fling objects out of the solar system than into the sun. The mechanics are somewhat complicated and there are sites explaining it way better than I could but in a nutshell the earth is moving around the sun at ~67,000mph and you would have to deal with that.
But if you slow it down and drop it inward, it should keep falling unless you get it wrong and it tries to slingshot around.  Plenty of potential issues there.  Also a small chance of it breaking apart to form a big trash stream going around the sun.  Of course, same issues trying to send it out of the solar system. 

Probably easier to drop it into Jupiter.  Of course, who knows what sort of tech we will develop by the time all that becomes feasible. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2402 on: January 09, 2024, 04:37:06 PM »
Also, the natives aren't just getting restless in PA, they've got a moon beef going as well:

They are too late.

There are a total of 96 bags of human waste on the Moon.

https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/topics/strange-things-humans-have-left-on-moon#:~:text=There%20are%20a%20total%20of,human%20waste%20on%20the%20Moon.

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2403 on: January 09, 2024, 04:58:18 PM »
Americans, leaving their *expletive deleted*it everywhere
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2404 on: January 09, 2024, 05:15:43 PM »
Americans, leaving their *expletive deleted*it everywhere

That's right, planet Earth. The U.S. has marked the moon as our territory. Cope and seethe.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2405 on: January 10, 2024, 12:15:36 AM »
But if you slow it down and drop it inward, it should keep falling unless you get it wrong and it tries to slingshot around.

Nope. Orbital mechanics says lower orbit. probably get an elliptical orbit until it eventually stabilizes, but you gotta slow it way down to get it into the sun, almost zero V.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2406 on: January 10, 2024, 07:25:01 AM »
Nope. Orbital mechanics says lower orbit. probably get an elliptical orbit until it eventually stabilizes, but you gotta slow it way down to get it into the sun, almost zero V.

And you're starting already at ~67K mph
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2408 on: January 11, 2024, 12:49:44 PM »
Police in the Canadian province of Quebec warned citizens against posting surveillance footage of their packages being stolen because it could violate the "private life" of the alleged thieves.

*expletive deleted*ck their "private life". They're stealing stuff out in full public view

Canadian police warn that posting videos of alleged package thieves could be ‘violation' of their privacy
https://www.foxnews.com/media/canadian-police-warn-posting-videos-alleged-package-thieves-violation-privacy
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2409 on: January 12, 2024, 11:58:06 AM »
Our children are in good hands  :facepalm:

A history teacher at a Seattle high school who previously came under fire for lessons on sexual orientation and gender identity allegedly told students that identifying as "straight" is offensive.

Ian Golash, who is the social studies department chair at Chief Sealth International High School, also told some male students they are a "product of the patriarchy that teaches young boys not to care," according to a parent who filed a complaint with school officials.

The mother, who requested anonymity, provided a copy of a "Social Identity Wheel" worksheet Golash assigned to his 10th grade class to "The Jason Rantz Show" on KTTH. The worksheet asks students to self-reflect on their various identities, including racial, ethnic, gender, socio-economic status, physical, emotional or developmental disabilities, and sexual orientation.

The parent said her 15-year-old son labeled himself "straight." Golash then allegedly told the boy that he needed to pick a term that was less offensive.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/seattle-teacher-allegedly-told-students-identifying-straight-offensive

Note allegedly on the straight matter but the Social Identity Wheel stuff alone is bad enough IMHO even without it.

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2410 on: January 12, 2024, 01:31:49 PM »
JonBenét Ramsey Part II

This can't be healthy for a 7 year old

I'm a 7-year-old pageant queen, I've got a six-pack because I workout at the gym and eat a healthy diet
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12955429/7-year-old-pageant-six-pack-workout-gym.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 02:02:46 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2411 on: January 12, 2024, 01:48:45 PM »
Our children are in good hands  :facepalm:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/seattle-teacher-allegedly-told-students-identifying-straight-offensive

Note allegedly on the straight matter but the Social Identity Wheel stuff alone is bad enough IMHO even without it.

Does anyone else remember "super-straight"?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2412 on: January 14, 2024, 12:42:11 PM »
Erections in the women's locker room are perfectly normal, you uneducated bigots!

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/14/y-fired-woman-for-opposing-men-in-womens-locker-rooms-n2391742

This is at the YMChristianA. This world is nuts.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2413 on: January 14, 2024, 10:03:35 PM »
That is what I said. 

However, since we would seem to have the ability to slow it down in the first place, we should be able to keep it from developing speed as it drops inward so it won't sling shot.  Depends on how it is done. 

Or we could find a habitable planet with a breathable atmosphere and just dump all the trash on it......then come around with a patrol occasionally and kill anyone who might try to live there...... until a former Soldier takes offense to this process. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2414 on: January 15, 2024, 01:00:45 AM »
Erections in the women's locker room are perfectly normal, you uneducated bigots!

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/14/y-fired-woman-for-opposing-men-in-womens-locker-rooms-n2391742

This is at the YMChristianA. This world is nuts.

The M stands for men's, so there really shouldn't be a women's locker room.

The letters don't stand for anything anymore, and if memory serves, they officially rebranded as just "the Y" some years back.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2415 on: January 15, 2024, 08:07:42 AM »
The M stands for men's, so there really shouldn't be a women's locker room.

The letters don't stand for anything anymore, and if memory serves, they officially rebranded as just "the Y" some years back.

I knew they went woke, just not that woke. The YMCA was my gym in the late 80s. Still called the YMCA IIRC, but they were fully coed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2416 on: January 15, 2024, 08:11:13 AM »
There are still YWCA facilities, but not nearly as many as YMCA facilities.

Anymore, YMCAs are more gyms and swimming pools and less social organizations that they once were.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2417 on: January 15, 2024, 11:09:49 AM »
I think the YMCA hasn't been a particularly wholesome social organization for a while now.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2418 on: January 15, 2024, 11:12:04 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2419 on: January 15, 2024, 11:37:29 AM »
Now even chemistry has to be about race

The course description on the university's website explains students will 'apply chemical tools and analysis to understand black life in the US' and 'implement African American sensibilities to analyze chemistry'.

'Diverse historical and contemporary scientists, intellectuals, and chemical discoveries will inform personal reflections and proposals for addressing inequities in chemistry and chemical education,' it read.

Brooke Johnson, a Rice graduate with a PhD in chemistry from Princeton hired last August as part of the university's DEI department, will teach the class.

Rice University unveils 'Afrochemistry' class that will 'explore the intersection of racial justice and chemistry' - dubbing it 'the study of black-life matter'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12965067/rice-university-afrochemistry-course-african-american.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2420 on: January 15, 2024, 05:19:27 PM »
Oregon man is interviewed by the FBI after making threats against "trans phobic aholes"

Elizabeth West was charged with making interstate threats based on the September 26 Facebook post to the group “Trans Woman Support Group,” which came as he said he believed he was about to be fired and was tired of “trans phobic aholes.”

“I’m too old to keep looking for jobs and I’ve had it up to here being bullied by trans phobic aholes I am left with no alternative…,” West wrote, according to court documents. “I’ve been preparing for this moment for a long time at least then I’ll be remember [sic] I have no family no friends… So there really isn’t any point living any more?”

That was in Sept but did they arrest him? Nope, but after he/she/it made some racist comments then they arrest him/her/it
Saying you're going to murder "trans phobic aholes" won't get you arrested but saying you hate black people will.

The FBI did not arrest West after the September interview that was ultimately used to justify charges. Instead, it arrested him months later after checks of his social media exhibited racial hatred towards black people, immigrants, and Jews. His social media bio, according to the court documents, was, “A Nazi dominatrix from Hell, who is tired of the blackening of America and Europe and ready to stand up to the Black orcs and the Jewish Wizards.”

Oh, and the FBI is investigating ties to ‘Alt-Right Extremism’
Radical trans generally doesn't equal Alt-right

FBI Arrests Transgender Man Who Threatened To Kill ‘Trans Phobes’ — Suggests Ties To ‘Alt-Right Extremism’
https://www.dailywire.com/news/fbi-arrests-transgender-man-who-threatened-to-kill-trans-phobes-suggests-ties-to-alt-right-extremism
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2421 on: January 17, 2024, 09:11:56 AM »
More they're not your children

Would like to see more on this since as usual the devil is in the details

BREAKING: New proposed bill in Maine says the state can take custody of a kid if the parents oppose s*x change surgery and the chemical castration of their kids.
Tomorrow a committee will decide if this bill moves forward.
https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1747384319981830185

And this was further down

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2422 on: January 17, 2024, 11:27:28 AM »
Evil.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2423 on: January 17, 2024, 10:25:41 PM »
Oregon man is interviewed by the FBI after making threats against "trans phobic aholes"

That was in Sept but did they arrest him? Nope, but after he/she/it made some racist comments then they arrest him/her/it
Saying you're going to murder "trans phobic aholes" won't get you arrested but saying you hate black people will.

Oh, and the FBI is investigating ties to ‘Alt-Right Extremism’
Radical trans generally doesn't equal Alt-right

FBI Arrests Transgender Man Who Threatened To Kill ‘Trans Phobes’ — Suggests Ties To ‘Alt-Right Extremism’
https://www.dailywire.com/news/fbi-arrests-transgender-man-who-threatened-to-kill-trans-phobes-suggests-ties-to-alt-right-extremism

https://twitchy.com/chad-felix-greene/2024/01/17/who-had-transgender-nazi-terrorist-on-their-2024-bingo-card-bizarre-developing-story-ahead-n2391861

Big surprise. Guys who think they're chicks are nutters. Some nutters are dangerous (or want to be).

He can take comfort in the fact that he's being treated like a woman. That girl who was "really, actually a man" was allowed to kill a bunch of people. This man, however, was not allowed to carry out his plans. Because he's a womyn, you know. And patriarchy.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2424 on: January 17, 2024, 10:50:15 PM »
Or we could find a habitable planet with a breathable atmosphere and just dump all the trash on it......then come around with a patrol occasionally and kill anyone who might try to live there...... until a former Soldier takes offense to this process.

I remember that movie.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design