Author Topic: High Court Rules for Officer Whose Boss Slept With Ex ( NV )  (Read 1617 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
I wonder if he had gotten the promotion could the State say he told his wife to get him a raise that way

http://www.kolotv.com/southernnevadanews/headlines/94556969.html

High Court Rules for Officer Whose Boss Slept With Ex

The Nevada Supreme Court has upheld a judge's ruling that a North Las Vegas police officer was wrongly passed over for promotion while his supervisor had an affair with his ex-wife.

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - The Nevada Supreme Court has upheld a
judge's ruling that a North Las Vegas police officer was wrongly
passed over for promotion while his supervisor had an affair with
his ex-wife.

A high court panel ruled 2-1 Wednesday that Officer Thomas
Glazier Jr. should be promoted to lieutenant with back pay
retroactive to July 2005.
Click here to find out more!

The justices noted three other officers received promotions,
even though Glazier tested best on the promotion list.

The panel cited evidence that Capt. Tony Scott had an intimate
affair with Glazier's ex-wife, Laura Glazier, while wielding power
over Glazier's schedules and promotion.

Glazier complained to the Local Government Employee Management
Relations Board, alleging discrimination.

The board upheld Glazier, but the city of North Las Vegas and
North Las Vegas Police Department appealed.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: High Court Rules for Officer Whose Boss Slept With Ex ( NV )
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 06:36:10 PM »
I have no problem with this.  Is there any more to it? 

I wonder how many other officers have introduced their wives this supervisor since then.  Is he still a supervisor?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: High Court Rules for Officer Whose Boss Slept With Ex ( NV )
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 07:55:33 PM »
If I understand the issue correctly, the ex was ex before the relationship (not an affair as that term is generally understood) with the supervisor began.

If there was a complaint that the ex interferred with the guy's chances for being promoted by influencing the supervisor (which appears may be the case) there are two fouls that were committed.  One (now resolved) of being passed over in favor of less-qualified candidates based on personal issues rather than personnel matters.  The other lies somewhere between defamation of character and something else that I can't remember the legal term for at the moment about screwing with his economic future.  He's probably better off letting that pass by, rather than have to deal with the ex and the supervisor again.

The question I have is whether or not Capt. Scott is still supervising newly-minted Lt. Glazier, Jr.  I've seen it happen before.  And I've seen the winning grievant realize just how golden an opportunity that is.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.