Poll

How many people do you know who have tested positive.

38 (48.7%)
9 (11.5%)
7 (9%)
3-5
6 (7.7%)
6 +
8 (10.3%)
I know of someone through a trusted source I personally know
8 (10.3%)
I have first hand knowledge of someone one through my job
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus  (Read 56165 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus
« Reply #450 on: November 06, 2020, 11:09:57 AM »
I've held off on buying a plague doctor mask to mock superstitious and ineffective mask use since March, figuring the mask requirements would end the second I bought one.

But I'm so tired of the mask mandates that I'm willing to take one for the team.  It's like washing your car, only for it to rain the day after.

So I have a plague doctor mask inbound.  Mask mandate should be over within the week.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #451 on: November 06, 2020, 11:13:43 AM »
I've held off on buying a plague doctor mask to mock superstitious and ineffective mask use since March, figuring the mask requirements would end the second I bought one.

But I'm so tired of the mask mandates that I'm willing to take one for the team.  It's like washing your car, only for it to rain the day after.

So I have a plague doctor mask inbound.  Mask mandate should be over within the week.

They're still available? ?  :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #452 on: November 06, 2020, 11:21:37 AM »
Yep, still available.

It cracks me up if I go to a liquor store and get carded while wearing a gaiter or mask.  It should be really fun to do it with a plague doctor mask.

Hell, I kinda wish I bought it a week ago.  I would have gone and voted in person wearing it.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #453 on: November 06, 2020, 11:30:47 AM »

You will get to wear it with pride next year.  Biden promised a nationwide mask mandate if he were elected.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #454 on: November 06, 2020, 11:54:44 AM »
Yep, still available.

It cracks me up if I go to a liquor store and get carded while wearing a gaiter or mask.  It should be really fun to do it with a plague doctor mask.

Hell, I kinda wish I bought it a week ago.  I would have gone and voted in person wearing it.

Yeeeup,  on Amazon.   Bought mine - - - due to arrive Sunday!!  =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #455 on: November 06, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »
I never did try to get one of these.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #456 on: November 06, 2020, 12:34:14 PM »

Do you have a nice wide flat-brim hat to go with it? :)  (and a cane and overcoat to complete the costume)  Fill the beak with polyester batting and you'll actually have a filter mask.  You might need to do that anyway for it to hold its shape
"It's good, though..."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #457 on: November 06, 2020, 01:15:08 PM »
Do you have a nice wide flat-brim hat to go with it? :)  (and a cane and overcoat to complete the costume)  Fill the beak with polyester batting and you'll actually have a filter mask.  You might need to do that anyway for it to hold its shape

No, no, no... the beak is filled with fragrant flower petals and herbs, to keep the COVID vapours at bay.

Where did you go to Plague Doctor school?

Good point about that hat.  I shall ponder it while my next autopsy case is deloused.
--Lysander Spooner

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #458 on: November 06, 2020, 07:29:48 PM »
I never did try to get one of these.

I no *expletive deleted*it tried to order a couple different Batman masks in July and they never showed up.  Thanks Amazon fulfillment!
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #459 on: November 06, 2020, 08:19:19 PM »
My friend had one of his restaurant staff get diagnosed as having the Covid.  As if times weren't bad enough for his new restaurant; shut down for at least the next two weeks and who knows how many more of the staff, and maybe himself, will develop it during their quarantine.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #460 on: November 06, 2020, 09:19:31 PM »
We have had a number of employees come down with it at my work. Each has taken their two weeks and come back into work. No known cases of spread within the business. No lasting impacts for any so far.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #461 on: November 10, 2020, 09:07:03 PM »
Just got a call from the school. Everyone is quarantined tomorrow until they can do tracing. So that means all of us.

I said love you see you in a couple days or weeks. Inthe cabin.

If it's a couple weeks need an airdrop.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

brimic

• friends
« Reply #462 on: November 11, 2020, 05:27:04 PM »
This stuff is really starting to get around in my state (WI). Know about a dozen people who have had it, symptoms ranged from a mild cold to an average flu.
Kids' School is still open, my son had a somewhat abbreviated football season, and they are only letting 2 family members of each player into the football stadiums.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #463 on: November 11, 2020, 06:35:00 PM »
One of my friend's set of grandparents died from an extended battle with covid last night. They died with in hours of each other, in separate hospital rooms and no family allowed to visit. No Covid and they would probably still be alive.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

grampster

• friend
« Reply #464 on: November 11, 2020, 07:29:28 PM »
Our oldest son lost his sense of smell and taste along with a phlegmy cough today.  His wife was diagnosed with Covid about a week ago and she is getting better from loss of smell, taste, a cough and general malaise at home.  Her son lives with them and he's 28, has a bad liver from drinking and weighs over 300 lbs.  If he gets it, and it's pretty certain he will as he's in the household, I hope the strain they have is the mild one.  my other DIL's niece and her boyfriend are throwing lost of taste and smell symptoms as well.

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #465 on: November 11, 2020, 08:31:12 PM »
Coworkers daughter tested asymptomatic.  She and her young son live with coworker and her husband. Fortunately everyone is still fine and coworker is primarily work from home.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #466 on: November 11, 2020, 10:51:13 PM »
One of my friend's set of grandparents died from an extended battle with covid last night. They died with in hours of each other, in separate hospital rooms and no family allowed to visit. No Covid and they would probably still be alive.

Whose idea was that, and why are we still doing it?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #467 on: November 11, 2020, 10:59:56 PM »
Whose idea was that, and why are we still doing it?

I believe the health care facilities, were pretty full in many in Iowa and short staffed.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #468 on: November 11, 2020, 11:39:42 PM »
I believe the health care facilities, were pretty full in many in Iowa and short staffed.

I don't get the connection.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #469 on: November 12, 2020, 01:43:12 AM »
They have closed school until at least 11-27.

The health department was closed today so no contact tracing to know if we need to stay in quarantine. Really?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #470 on: November 12, 2020, 06:47:58 AM »
Our little dweeb of a governor has "mandated" more bullshit.  Now a business must post a "no mask, no service" sign.  Go get em Mike,  you little *expletive deleted*it.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #471 on: November 12, 2020, 08:23:37 AM »
I don't get the connection.

Probably trying to control the spread within the facilities? I'm just a toxicologist not public health person and I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn for quite a while.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #472 on: November 12, 2020, 08:33:01 AM »
Our little dweeb of a governor has "mandated" more bullshit.  Now a business must post a "no mask, no service" sign.  Go get em Mike,  you little *expletive deleted*it.

And now he’s sending the gestapo out to ensure compliance

“Our new Retail Compliance Unit, comprised of agents led by the Bureau of Workers' Compensation, will inspect to ensure compliance.”

https://www.whio.com/news/local/gov-dewine-scheduled-hold-statewide-address-today/GH5DMBEJWZDFHDBE6ZGDBR6TDU/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #473 on: November 12, 2020, 08:23:45 PM »
Probably trying to control the spread within the facilities? I'm just a toxicologist not public health person and I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn for quite a while.

Seems pretty weak. It's one thing to keep out the general public. It's another thing to say there's no way for a few family members to come in, with gloves and masks and such.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #474 on: November 12, 2020, 08:33:22 PM »
And now he’s sending the gestapo out to ensure compliance

“Our new Retail Compliance Unit, comprised of agents led by the Bureau of Workers' Compensation, will inspect to ensure compliance.”

https://www.whio.com/news/local/gov-dewine-scheduled-hold-statewide-address-today/GH5DMBEJWZDFHDBE6ZGDBR6TDU/

Ya know,  those people have addresses, and families...

Solzhenitsyn is absolutely a cautionary tale for this slippery slope we're on.