Author Topic: Pelosi -- "Just Change the Name"  (Read 3191 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Pelosi -- "Just Change the Name"
« on: October 26, 2009, 03:40:47 PM »
Well, when all else fails, keep the same crap in the bill but change the name. "Rebranding".

-----------------
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091026/ap_on_bi_ge/us_public_option_rebranding_3

Pelosi: Health care 'public option' needs new name
By MATT SEDENSKY, Associated Press Writer Matt Sedensky, Associated Press Writer 20 mins ago

SUNRISE, Fla. – A government-sponsored "public option" for health care lives, though it may be more attractive to skeptics if it goes by a different moniker, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Monday.

In an appearance at a Florida senior center, the Democratic leader referred to the so-called public option as "the consumer option." Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., appeared by Pelosi's side and used the term "competitive option."

Both suggested new terminology might get them past any lingering doubts among the public — or consumers or competitors.

"You'll hear everyone say, 'There's got to be a better name for this,'" Pelosi said. "When people think of the public option, public is being misrepresented, that this is being paid for with their public dollars."

Pelosi said that was a misconception and that any taxpayer money used to start up the public option would be repaid. She also said such an option would ultimately drive down government health care costs.

The speaker said the "competitive option" idea emerged during her closed-door roundtable at the Sunrise Senior Center with advocates of seniors and others who work with older populations. Wasserman Schultz suggested the term might be here to stay.

"I think she's going to go up and test-drive it when she goes back to Washington," Wasserman Schultz said. "It might stick."

As for having the votes to pass such a measure, both women said a public option would survive. They wouldn't get into numbers of congressional supporters, but said it was simply a matter of picking which type of public option to pursue.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Pelosi -- "Just Change the Name"
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 03:44:51 PM »
Pelosi said that was a misconception and that any taxpayer money used to start up the public option would be repaid. She also said such an option would ultimately drive down government health care costs.

There's so much stupid in this sentence my head hurts.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 03:45:46 PM »
Can we go to war with Eurasia, now?  Please?  It would be double-plus good...
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 04:08:05 PM »
They are simply taking a page out of the normal liberal progressive playbook.

Whether it is a carbon tax cap and trade, government spending stimulus, or any other myriad of rejected ideas, liberals progressives are CERTAIN that the problem is people don't understand what they want to do.

So they keep changing the name. Instead, the problem is people understand it and REJECT it. The liberals progessives cannot accept that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 06:11:59 PM »
There's so much stupid in this sentence my head hurts.

As poorly written, it's two sentences, but don't worry about it: there's enough stupidity in them for a whole Marxist book.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 06:56:08 PM »
Pelosi said that was a misconception and that any taxpayer money used to start up the public option would be repaid.
Fixed.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 07:01:01 PM »
Pelosi said. "When people think of the public option, public is being misrepresented, that this is being paid for with their public dollars."
How stupid does she think we are?

agricola

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »

She and her party control both houses of congress and the presidency, so she has ample evidence that enough of you* are the required amount of stupid.

* of course this means your countrymen, not anyone on this esteemed forum.

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 08:45:30 PM »
I suggest she offer to be the guinea pig for testing the "consumer option."
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »

We can suggest such things; unfortunately, Congress has its own very special medical and dental plan.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 09:24:38 PM »
One of many things we need to insist on changing by incessant public protest.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 01:42:59 AM »

And I suggest she be the guinea pig for Maybelline's new line of toxic waste cosmetics, Toxique.  'Course that may not tell us much about how actual skin would react to the product...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 04:02:51 AM »
She and her party control both houses of congress and the presidency, so she has ample evidence that enough of you* are the required amount of stupid.

To quote Mayor Ed Koch: "The voters have made their choice, now they must suffer."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 05:28:19 AM »
Both suggested new terminology might get them past any lingering doubts among the public — or consumers or competitors.

That's certainly true - very little doubt now remains about the nature of Nanci Pelosi and her political allies.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 09:54:35 AM »
Why is Pelosi, a senator from California, in Florida at an old-folks home?  How is she representing California?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 10:37:46 AM »

Don't bet the farm on that idea.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wuluf

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »

There truly is no end to how stupid they think we are.  Their contempt knows no bounds...

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 11:35:29 AM »
More and more these people inhabit a world of their own.  At some point it will become untethered from The Rest of Us.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 11:39:51 AM »
That white spot on chicken droppings is still chicken *expletive deleted*it.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536