Author Topic: Pelosi - Health Care is Christmas Present to America  (Read 3060 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Pelosi - Health Care is Christmas Present to America
« on: November 12, 2009, 12:28:11 PM »
1) I'd rather have a lump of coal.
2) Interesting that they invoke Christmas, especially when I expect in the next couple of weeks to receive the email telling me to, as a .gov employee, avoid offending people with Christmas and to refer to the "holidays" instead.

Ba-Humbug.

http://townhall.com/blog/g/865982cd-a2ad-4d8c-8952-34e2eaacbee6
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

FTA84

• friend
Re: Pelosi - Health Care is Christmas Present to America
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »
Does this mean I can regift it  ???

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 01:02:50 PM »
Bah.  Humbug.   >:D
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 01:18:28 PM »
Huh. I've never had to "assume the position" for Christmas before...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 01:30:24 PM »
Dear Senator:
Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi said that the Health Care Reform would be a "christmas present" to the American people.  To that, I have two words for you:
"Bah Humbug".
We don't want it.  We don't need it.  Why on earth would she think that stuffing this down our throats and then making us pay for it, while you all in DC are EXEMPT from it, is a good idea?  We don't want it.  And I beg you to vote against it when it arrives on the Senate floor. 
I can also promise you, I will not vote for any Senator or Congressman in the coming elections who voted for the Health Care Reform bills.

Get on the stick, people.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 04:08:33 PM »
Senator Tester:

I implore you to vote AGAINST the "Healthcare Reform" bill currently being considered by the Senate.  Do NOT let this bill come to a vote on the Senate floor!

Our freedom and the future of the American Republic are at stake. It is abhorrent that Congress would even consider the unConstitutional act of requiring us to purchase a product or service upon pain of criminal penalty!  I for one am irate and will NOT ever comply with such a requirement.

The USA is already horribly in debt and cannot possibly afford another gigantic entitlement program.

<name>

No use writing to Madd Maxx Bachuss - it's his baby  :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »
Can I return it and buy something I really want?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 12:13:37 PM »
No use writing to Madd Maxx Bachuss - it's his baby  :mad:

Oh yeah ... now he's telling us Montanans that he's doing us a favor by forcing us to buy insurance that we can't afford...  ;/

Right now, healthcare is cheaper in Montana than most of the US - he wants to change that  :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »
Christmas present? That would be like getting hand-me-down underwear that hadn't been washed under the tree.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 06:13:15 PM »
Well, they invoked the name of a Dead Kennedy and that didn't work.  Why not try Christmas? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 06:18:14 PM »
I've never been forced to pay for an inferior Christmas present for the rest of my life.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 06:24:13 PM »
Oh yeah ... now he's telling us Montanans that he's doing us a favor by forcing us to buy insurance that we can't afford...  ;/

Right now, healthcare is cheaper in Montana than most of the US - he wants to change that  :mad:

I sent something similar to both of them for what good it will do.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 12:12:19 AM »
I've never been forced to pay for an inferior Christmas present for the rest of my life.

so, you never got your bb gun? [tinfoil]

=D

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 05:45:46 AM »
I sent something similar to both of them for what good it will do.

Similar to the health care bill?  How did you manage to do that into an envelope?  ???

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 11:49:14 AM »
Similar to the health care bill?  How did you manage to do that into an envelope?  ???

That actually made me chuckle (gallows humor?).

Actually, I can think of some similar type presents that could fit in a mailable package, but would not be suitable for mention on APS.  Let's just say you can buy that stuff discreetly online - might even be able to get it drop shipped  =D