Author Topic: Pelosi on Gruber  (Read 3645 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Pelosi on Gruber
« on: November 13, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
She never heard of him.  :lol:

http://twitchy.com/2014/11/13/jonathan-who-nancy-sgt-schultz-pelosi-says-she-has-no-clue-who-this-gruber-guy-is/

On a more serious note, why the hell isn't this Gruber thing getting more MSM time (yes, I already know)?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Pelosi on Gruber
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 12:25:17 PM »
The mental image prompted by your thread title is...epically horrifying. [barf]
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 01:02:57 PM »
I'm sure someone has grabbed a screenshot of this already, several links to Pelosi's official page referencing him and his work.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100202225120/http://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/factcheck?id=0142
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 02:10:38 PM »

Glad to be of service!  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 02:12:52 PM »
Glad to be of service!  =D

:Middlefingeremoticon:  :P
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 03:06:43 PM »
Sucks that the Oklahoma National Guard's training area has to be associated with this name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Gruber

Camp Gruber is an Oklahoma Army National Guard (OKARNG) training facility used for Training of OKARNG soldiers. It covers a total of 87 square miles (230 km2). The base is named after Brigadier General Edmund L. Gruber, a noted artillery officer and the composer of the Army's official song, "The Army Goes Rolling Along". Camp Gruber is located near Braggs, Oklahoma in the Cookson Hills, about 14 miles (23 km) southeast of Muskogee, Oklahoma. The Oklahoma Wildlife Department and the OKARNG have in place an agreement that allows limited hunting by civilians on the base.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Pelosi on Gruber
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 03:09:49 PM »
I wonder how long it would take to get the saying "He's Grubered" in to our vernacular?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 09:22:26 PM »
Gruber spoke to a group I belong to about 12-18 months ago.  I asked him if he could think of anyone who should not be forced to buy health insurance.  He said no, so I asked him if Bill Gates and Warren Buffett didn't have the ability to self-insure.  The political hack actually said with a straight face that, even in their case, extreme medical bills could become a problem for society as a whole.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 09:35:05 PM »

vampiric predation?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 10:41:49 AM »
And now Obama says he's just now heard about this Gruber guy, alias "Somedude".

http://twitchy.com/2014/11/16/well-briefed-obama-tells-ed-henry-i-just-heard-about-gruber-video/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 02:21:53 PM »
And now Obama says he's just now heard about this Gruber guy, alias "Somedude".

http://twitchy.com/2014/11/16/well-briefed-obama-tells-ed-henry-i-just-heard-about-gruber-video/

Funny how Obama never knows about anything, until one of his aides approaches him in his cloister, with news on the latest scandal. It always reminds me of how Bush was never "curious" enough for the news-folk. I guess Obama gets a pass.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 02:56:24 PM »
I guess Nancy never saw "Die Hardâ„¢"!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 04:24:30 PM »

Did Pelosi throw Gruber off the roof?

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »
How about MacGruber?
http://youtu.be/c-nTHdlB28M
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 06:38:35 PM »

THAT Gruber was far more honorable!   :lol: ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »
Is Obama spending all of his time, secluded in his palace, writing romance novels?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 10:36:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/R0am3r/status/533995731578019841

Sergeant Schultz has more credibility than Obama and Pelosi. "I know nothing. Nothing..." @FoxNewsSunday #FNS #Gruber
9:51 AM - 16 Nov 2014
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 06:22:40 PM »
Is Obama spending all of his time, secluded in his palace, writing romance novels?

Actually it appears he spent his time stealing ideas from the same John Gruber that he's never heard of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6yoHcOhF0U

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 12:08:42 PM »
I love Charles Krauthammer's observation that this is an extension of the secret Service scandal, given that Gruber snuck into the White House 19 times, including entering the Oval Office for health care planning meetings.

I'm also waiting for the explanation of how this guy you "don't know" got paid almost $6 million for consultancy on the bill he didn't help write.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 01:05:59 PM »
I love Charles Krauthammer's observation that this is an extension of the secret Service scandal, given that Gruber snuck into the White House 19 times, including entering the Oval Office for health care planning meetings.

I'm also waiting for the explanation of how this guy you "don't know" got paid almost $6 million for consultancy on the bill he didn't help write.

Maybe that is now why no one knew what was in the damn thing because no one actually wrote it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »
Gruber spoke to a group I belong to about 12-18 months ago.  I asked him if he could think of anyone who should not be forced to buy health insurance.  He said no, so I asked him if Bill Gates and Warren Buffett didn't have the ability to self-insure.  The political hack actually said with a straight face that, even in their case, extreme medical bills could become a problem for society as a whole.

If there's any series of procedures that could break Warren Buffett's petty cash pile, then that's a sign of horrible problems with health care costs, not with his insurance or lack thereof.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 07:04:41 PM »
So how come all this didn't come out before the election?  Seems to me it would have been a wipeout for the Dems.  Or is my sense of timing off?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 08:56:19 PM »
Gruber is just bringing the transparency to the table that Obama wasn't willing to...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!