Author Topic: That does it! We need to outlaw tornadoes!  (Read 958 times)

Poper

That does it! We need to outlaw tornadoes!
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:51:11 PM »
Oklahoma is getting hammered by tornadoes again this year.  Unfortunately, there are reports of as many as 24 kids killed when one struck an elementary school. 
I do not have the stats, but intuition tells me more people are killed every year by tornadoes than by mass shooters with AR15's.  Why don't we outlaw tornadoes?  It would be every bit as effective as passing a law that outlaws mass murder.  Oh, wait.  We already have that law on the books, don't we?

At least 37 people were reported killed.

KFOR-TV reports that up to 24 children are believed dead at the Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/20/meteorologist-worst-tornado-damage-in-the-history-of-the-world/

An awful tragedy.
Prayers from the Pope(r) to everyone affected by this terrible natural disaster.

Poper

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: That does it! We need to outlaw tornadoes!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 09:07:40 PM »
Too soon.

There is a political issue to discuss though.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: That does it! We need to outlaw tornadoes!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 09:49:02 PM »
Yeah, no.  I don't think so Timmy.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”