Author Topic: Rally Yokohama 21MAY16  (Read 687 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Rally Yokohama 21MAY16
« on: May 25, 2016, 10:04:30 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHb9DqE0nLA&list=PL0Sppz2RabqDiSXJpbhH_vZvOuhkaGd8R
I happened to be on a train and saw a flyer for this rally, http://www.rally.yokohama/ that was going on on the 21st and the 22nd of May, the next day. This was it's fourth year. The requirement for the cars to enter the race is that they have to be manufactured before December 31, 1974. The race was starting and ending in the city of Yokohama so I decided to take the train the next day up there to watch them leave and then hang around the city until they returned. It was great! I've seen a few of these types of cars in person, but never actually being driven. The main cars I was interested in seeing were the Bugattis, the Delahaye, and the Bentleys. The race started at the Yokohama Osanbashi Pier, went down to the end of the peninsula, and returned to the city and ended at the Royal Park Hotel.

"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Rally Yokohama 21MAY16
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 11:49:34 AM »
Cool, glad you are taking in the culture of Japan.

Too bad I don't understand Japanese to read the damn website.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 07:33:16 PM »
When using Chrome it pops up with a balloon asking if I want the website translated, at least for me.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:13:58 AM »
The requirement for the cars to enter the race is that they have to be manufactured before December 31, 1974

1974?  Seems like those cars are much older than that.  I would expect to see cars from the '60s.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:17:07 AM »
There was a lot of 50s, 60s, and 70s cars.