Author Topic: Just got my "desert equine" handed to me, AGAIN.....  (Read 1441 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Just got my "desert equine" handed to me, AGAIN.....
« on: May 19, 2005, 08:55:35 PM »
I've been playing Brothers In Arms for the past week, and I'm stuck.  Its D-Day +2, I and my squads have been tasked with clearing part of St. Come-du-Mont in Normandy.  What I face is as follows:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                     (German Mortor Team)

(MG-42)

Open Field, some cover                                 *                    *
                                                                                          Back      *               Hedgerow
                                                                                           Alley                      ----------------------
                                                                                   *

Shed

-----------------------------------------------------------*                     *  Out Building
                            Fence

My Squad

If we go right for cover from the MG-42, we get mortors dropped on us and die.  If we go left, fire and maneuver in the field using the cover, we get mortors dropped on us, cut up by the MG-42 and die.  Same with rushing the alley.  ARRRGGHHH!!!!!

Ideas on how to take out Gerry?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

wasrjoe

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 10:11:01 PM »
Can you run up the the hedge, chuck nades and run back to cover behind the building or somesuch? Hopefully taking out the 42.
Disenchanted with the Libertarian party and seeking practical ways to promote personal liberty.

mfree

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 04:46:14 AM »
Call close air or artillery fire.

How far does that fence run back? Can you flank silently right until you're too close for mortar fire?

Do you have range for an organized snipe, i.e. every team member picks off a different soldier all at once?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 05:49:48 AM »
Quote from: mfree
Call close air or artillery fire.
If its an option on that game, you need some sort of supression to soften the defense up.  That or someone else suggested flanking around the fence to the left.  How far left can you go?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 06:39:38 AM »
Send one or preferably two guys left as bait/diversion.  Send your main body to the hedgerow on the right, if you can actually get to Jerries that way.  When the Jerries start pounding on the guys on the left, attack.  If possible, have a sniper or heavy gunner pound on the MG while your force advances.

You can't attack from the right, reverse the strategy.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 06:54:08 AM »
No close artillery or air support, even though I can see the P-51s flying about.  I'll try the righ/left spit and see how that works out.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.