Author Topic: Nikon L35AF/One Shot P&S info needed  (Read 1798 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Nikon L35AF/One Shot P&S info needed
« on: July 12, 2005, 06:49:32 AM »
I'm thinking about getting one of these old school P&S cameras for those times when I don't want to drag an SLR around.  They have features current P&S cameras don't have (threads for filters, distance/focus point info, backlight comp).  However, I can't determine if they have one P&S "feature" I loathe, the dreaded shutter lag.  Does anyone here know if they have this problem?

Chris

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 08:34:41 AM »
Is this digital?  Guessing not.  I had a similar requirement but for digital.  I needed manual controls, macro, filters, etc.  I ended up with the Canon G5 (G6 is the latest revision) and love it.  It's not too big and it's not too small and takes great pics.

Greg

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 08:51:24 AM »
nope, it's an early 80s P&S.  Metal body, not plastic, fast lens, etc.  Supposedly a great camera.  You can get them on ebay for less than $50 or at places like Goodwill for as little as $5.  They run on AA batteries instead of expensive lithiums.

The shutter delay is what drove me away from digital a few years ago (and keeps me away from most P&S cameras).  I got tired of not getting action shots (like my hyper toddler).  Digicams have improved, but I don't want to spend the $300+ to get what I want in one.

Chris

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 06:42:48 AM »
i had a nice quick, Nikon P&S that got dropped
the replacement newer model Nikon had severe "moment after" shutter
i took it back to Ritz and bought an Olympus stylus

seen this?:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/l35af.htm
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 07:33:21 AM »
Yup, saw that article.  It's one of the reasons I'm interested in the camera.

Chris