Author Topic: Archer is back  (Read 669 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Archer is back
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:43:35 PM »
FXX.

April 25.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Archer is back
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 10:12:21 AM »
Tomorrow!

Sounds like it will be some kind of take on Tales of the Gold Monkey, which should be awesome. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 11:32:39 AM »
I hope that it's longer than last "season," which was what, 6, 8 episodes?

OK, just found out... 8 episodes for this season and next.

It's as if no one is even giving a *expletive deleted*ck about story development anymore. What happened to the detective agency? I guess that was a dry hole and they decided to go setpiece period drama.

Last season was set in the mid 1940s. This season is set in 1939.

And, it's looking as if next season is the last season.

What a pity. That it didn't end a couple of seasons ago when it was still on a high note.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:15:22 PM »
I read an article on it yesterday. The creator (who I think plays Krieger) said one more season of Archer being in a coma, then next  season back to reality. He said if it all ends next season, he's thinking of killing off Archer.

Not sure if next season will be Figgus Agency again. Personally, I wish they would have found a way to keep or go back to being ISIS. I liked them best as spies.

I too, am not happy with US TV going to these six and eight episode seasons. The ones going to 10-13 are already to the point of making me just want to put a note on my Google calendar to remind me to check on them in five or so years, then watch all the episodes at once.

Few episodes and then a year (or sometimes more) wait makes it so I practically have to rewatch the previous season to remind me what the damn show was about.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 12:10:36 AM »
I too, am not happy with US TV going to these six and eight episode seasons. The ones going to 10-13 are already to the point of making me just want to put a note on my Google calendar to remind me to check on them in five or so years, then watch all the episodes at once.

Yep.  Remember when a season was 26 episodes?   :old:

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden