Author Topic: New Repellent Coating  (Read 603 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
New Repellent Coating
« on: April 13, 2018, 02:57:00 PM »
https://www.sciencealert.com/this-new-everything-proof-coating-could-protect-devices-from-water-oil-alcohol-and-peanut-butter

Coating that claims to repel all forms of liquid.

Now, I remember posting about another such coating previously and nothing has come of it. I'm guessing this will end up being just as useful. (i.e. not)

Would be nice to have a coating for firearms that makes the outside effectively rustproof. (I doubt this substance could withstand the temperatures and pressures inside a barrel.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
Re: New Repellent Coating
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »
https://www.sciencealert.com/this-new-everything-proof-coating-could-protect-devices-from-water-oil-alcohol-and-peanut-butter

Coating that claims to repel all forms of liquid.

Now, I remember posting about another such coating previously and nothing has come of it. I'm guessing this will end up being just as useful. (i.e. not)

Would be nice to have a coating for firearms that makes the outside effectively rustproof. (I doubt this substance could withstand the temperatures and pressures inside a barrel.
A chromium oxide layer works pretty good, but not everyone likes stainless steel.  There are all sort of coatings these days that work very well.  I have no idea if the put the coatings on all the inside parts.

This does look interesting.  I get the impression it is for walls and such, but I guess it depends on how durable it is.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:41:01 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 08:28:20 PM »
Hard to use your phone if it is covered in stainless steel.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 09:41:22 PM »
Hard to use your phone if it is covered in stainless steel.
Makattak mentioned firearms and rust, but yeah, if your gun is sitting on your phone, you might have to use the hands free feature. 

As far as phones go, I didn't notice it was transparent.  May have missed it.  Maybe it would rival transparent aluminum.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 10:14:05 PM »
Did someone say "transparent aluminum?"
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought