Author Topic: Operation Chaos  (Read 16043 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Operation Chaos
« on: March 25, 2008, 09:23:46 AM »
I was headed back to work from lunch today when I heard Limbaugh (what a putz) talking about something he calls Operation Chaos.

Seems Mr. Limbaugh is imploring those registered as republicans in the states with primaries still to do to register as democrats if in closed primary states or cross party lines if in open primary states to vote for Hillary. His goal is to keep her in the race and with enough delegates that the democratic presidential candidate will have to be decided at the convention.

From what I heard he's having some success. Based on the sound bites he played from various democratic party heroes, pundits etc the Dems have gotten their panties all in a wad about it. One lady - a defense attorney in Ohio - was even saying that people who reregistered as dems and signed the affidavit stating that they would be loyal to the party and it's principles should be prosecuted for doing so if they can be identified.

Apparently Hillary is now ahead in the polls in Ohio, NC and PA which is making the Obama folks nervous and has the party leadership tearing at their hair in anticipation of the blood bath that will occur at the convention if this continues.

My brain tells me this is much ado about nothing. My gut is screaming that maybe it isn't. That maybe the US is on the brink of a voter revolution - or not.

What really irks me is the thought that Limbaugh could actually have the influence and power to carry this off. Not that I have a problem with what's being done just who is orchestrating it.

Comments?

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Operation Chaos
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 01:03:15 PM »
I like the idea.

Why?

I'm gonna likely sell a helluva lot more anti-Hillary stuff than I am going to anti-Obama stuff.

Joe Suburbanite doesn't mind slapping a "Hillary is Bad" sticker on his truck, but will shy away from the same thing featuring Obama, because he doesn't want to look like a racist.

Blog under construction

Derek Zeanah

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:05:21 PM »
Bogie, you hate monger!

grin

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 01:07:40 PM »
More gameplaying and manipulation from the party of 'traditional values'.  It has already backfired on them and their defeat is baked into the cake.  Seems they're the only ones who don't know that.  Americans don't like trickery and deceit, especially when it's done in a inept manner.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 01:10:49 PM »
It's not like Republicans were the only ones to ever do this Paddy.

In Texas, you only have to go vote (one or the other).  They stamp your voter registration card with the party name and now you are registered as a party member and can attend the precinct convention.  There is no affidavit or any crap like that.  Affidavits and stuff sound like a bunch of Union crap. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 01:11:08 PM »
I heard about "operation chaos" on the news the other day.  I turned on Limbaugh to hear what all of the fuss was about.  It seems that Limbaugh is having a grand old time yanking the Democrats' chains.  Well, good for him.

I have zero problem with Republicans crossing party lines to vote for Democrats.  Both parties choose the rules to apply to their primaries, and as long as those rules aren't being broken (and so far they haven't been), people should be able to vote however they want. 

People vote to further their own interests.  That's what voting is all about.  That's exactly what's happening here.  What's the problem?

Besides, it was non-Republicans (moderates, independents, cross-over Democrats) who determined the Republican nominee.  None of these people had any gripes when it was the Republican Party losing out.  It's only now that the Democrats are suffering (and that Limbaugh is taking credit) that the practice becomes a crime.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 01:15:03 PM »
More gameplaying and manipulation from the party of 'traditional values'.  It has already backfired on them and their defeat is baked into the cake.  Seems they're the only ones who don't know that.  Americans don't like trickery and deceit, especially when it's done in a inept manner.
It isn't "gameplaying" to vote to further your own interests.  The liberals in the media are trying to make this into a big scandal, but it simply isn't.

The media wants everyone to believe that this has backfired on Republicans.  So far it hasn't.  The longer the Democrat race continues, the more dirt we learn about the inevitable Dem nominee, Obama.  Already this Jeremiah Wright stuff has cost him dearly.  Most of the polls show McCain with a lead over Obama nationwide.  A few weeks ago I never would have believed it possible that McCain could win.  Now it appears he has a fairly good chance.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:17:59 PM »

Apparently Hillary is now ahead in the polls in Ohio, NC and PA which is making the Obama folks nervous and has the party leadership tearing at their hair in anticipation of the blood bath that will occur at the convention if this continues.

Obama's falling numbers probably have little to do with Limbaugh and a lot to do with the fallout from the Rev. Wright controversy.  Victor Davis Hanson's March 25th column is worth a read:

http://www.victorhanson.com/

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 01:19:02 PM »
A few weeks ago I never would have believed it possible that McCain might possibly win.  Now it appears he has a chance, and a fairly good one.

I suspect by the time election day comes, McCain will be seen as nothing more than a doddering old codger.  You remember Bob.  Bob Dole.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 01:25:46 PM »
It's my sincere hope the primaries are close enough that Hillary can wrangle the nomination with backroom deals and power brokering. That way all the shiny happy Obamites who don't even understand his platform beyond "CHANGE! YES WE CAN!" will be crestflallen and will not show up at the polls for November, and those who do will pull the lever for McCain.

Hillary's natural unlikeability, and completely artificial persona will do the rest.

I promise not to duck.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 01:30:54 PM »
Dole was too reserved, too stately, to win a the Presidency.  You need to show some fire and some drive to win.  Dole would have benefitted from McCain's temper and sense of entitlement to the Presidency.

And already Obama has lost most of his utopian sheen.  He's no longer the candidate who transcends race.  He's no longer the candidate of limitless hope.  His true self is laid bare, and he's shown to be an America-hating, marxist, racist, hate-filled pessimist.  It's not just that Obama is now looks like an imperfect candidate.  He's become downright scary to a lot of middle America.

Heck, even McCain can beat that in November.

I don't know how much credit Limbaugh's operation chaos deserves for Obama's transformation.  But I would bet that things would be playing out much differently had Obama become the undisputed nominee back on the 4th. 

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 01:35:56 PM »
Limbaugh's efforts responsible for putting McCain in the Whitehouse?  How ironically hilarious is that?  You just can't make this stuff up. heh.  laugh laugh  grin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 01:47:26 PM »
I think these people would be doing this regardless of what Limbaugh says.  He is just having fun.  He has always had a lot of fun tweaking democrats and the media. 

As long as these people vote in only one primary, I don't care.  The Dems have the contested race so they will attract independents as well as others to vote in their primary. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 01:52:50 PM »
I was headed back to work from lunch today when I heard Limbaugh (what a putz) talking about something he calls Operation Chaos.

Oh, its alright to admit you listen to Rush. grin
Too many people take him more seriously than he does himself.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 03:57:47 PM »

Oh, its alright to admit you listen to Rush. grin
Too many people take him more seriously than he does himself.

Limbaugh's an entertainer. Unfortunately too many of his listeners do not realize that. It's been my experience over the 56 years I've been on this earth that most people and Americans in particular, are totally turned off by arrogant blowhards pretending to be intellectuals. Limbaugh is that in spades. Why he is the exception is a wonderment to me.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 04:36:42 PM »
Dems have been crossing over in primaries forever.  Shoe's on the other foot.  Hilarious.
Even Obama is in the game.  He's got people in Pennsylvania hanging notes on car doors urging R's to cross over and vote for him.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 04:47:31 PM »
Operation Chaos, coupled with McCain getting caught with a dead woman or live boy, and we may still not get farked in November...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 07:08:28 PM »
Some of you are just now hearing about Operation Chaos?  You're falling behind the cutting edge of societal evolution.  This has been going on for weeks. 

His goal is to keep her in the race and with enough delegates that the democratic presidential candidate will have to be decided at the convention.
The goal is also to keep Hillary in the Dem. race, so that the two candidates will bloody and weaken each other.  Given the failure of Republicans in general, and McCain in particular, to go for the jugular, Limbaugh may be pretty crafty to take this approach, though I can't support it on ethical grounds.

That maybe the US is on the brink of a voter revolution - or not.
What does this have to do with any voter revolution?

Quote from: Paddy
It has already backfired on them and their defeat is baked into the cake.  Seems they're the only ones who don't know that. 
No, I don't know about this backfiring and defeat.  Please explain. 

Then explain how you have the nerve to get on your moral high-horse, after your previous flip-flops on this issue. 

Quote from: HTG
It isn't "gameplaying" to vote to further your own interests.  The liberals in the media are trying to make this into a big scandal, but it simply isn't.
It's definitely not a scandal.  It's perfectly legal and routine.  But it IS a game.  And it's wrong.  Voting in a government election to further your own interest is one thing (and not always right, either).  But screwing with someone else's political party, deciding who will represent them, when you have no intention of voting for them, is just wrong.   

Quote from: Paddy
Limbaugh's efforts responsible for putting McCain in the Whitehouse?  How ironically hilarious is that?
  Not one bit.  How is it ironic that Limbaugh would work to defeat a Democratic candidate?  Do you suppose this is about McCain?  It's pretty clear that Limbaugh has despised McCain for years.  But did you really think Limbaugh would be content to let a Democrat have the White House? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
Limbaugh's an entertainer. Unfortunately too many of his listeners do not realize that. It's been my experience over the 56 years I've been on this earth that most people and Americans in particular, are totally turned off by arrogant blowhards pretending to be intellectuals. Limbaugh is that in spades. 

Typical sour grapes from lesser men.

Firstly, YOU want to judge Limbaugh's intellect?  Wow.  The fact that he's smarter than you doesn't mean he's pretending to be an intellectual.  And if folks don't like arrogant blowhards, Limbaugh's vast, VAST audience might clue you in about his true character.  Meanwhile, how many people are paying attention to you?  rolleyes  And on the subject of arrogant blowhards, O'Reilly does pretty well for himself, so...

Limbaugh's an entertainer. Unfortunately too many of his listeners do not realize that.
What's unfortunate is that a lot of clueless people think that's an insult to Limbaugh (although he's called himself an entertainer many times), or that it marginalizes what he has to say.  Being entertaining does not make him wrong, shallow, or insignificant.  What's unfortunate is that a self-described entertainer has more sense and more smarts than most of the "serious" pundits and politicians.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 07:39:01 PM »
What's unfortunate is that a lot of clueless people think that's an insult to Limbaugh (although he's called himself an entertainer many times), or that it marginalizes what he has to say.  Being entertaining does not make him wrong, shallow, or insignificant.  What's unfortunate is that a self-described entertainer has more sense and more smarts than most of the "serious" pundits and politicians.

People can say what they want about Rush Limbaugh but, he does know politics and he definitely knows Liberals, probably more than they know themselves.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 12:41:25 AM »

Firstly, YOU want to judge Limbaugh's intellect?

"Limbaugh graduated from Cape Central High School, in 1969. His father and mother wanted him to attend college, so he enrolled at Southeast Missouri State University. But he dropped out after two semesters and one summer; according to his mother, "he flunked everything", even a modern ballroom dancing class."

Judged. Found lacking.

Meanwhile, how many people are paying attention to you?

And even more people listen to Oprah. Doesn't make Oprah smart.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 02:44:25 AM »
Judged. Found lacking.

Well, that's a deeply intellectual thing to say.  Yeah, anyone who dropped out of college is stupid.   rolleyes   And we know all the great minds were great dancers, right?  I could judge your intellect by the fact that you failed to understand my post, and that I was questioning a particular poster's ability to judge Limbaugh's intellect.  But I won't quite go that far. 

And even more people listen to Oprah. Doesn't make Oprah smart.
And that's not even the point I was driving at.  Perhaps your intellect is a bit lacking.  It's pretty simple, but I guess I should break it down for those of you from Rio Linda, Israel.

Opinion:  Limbaugh is an arrogant windbag. 
Opinion:  People don't like arrogant windbags.
    Fact:  Millions of people listen to Limbaugh every day.   

One of those statements has to be wrong.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 03:43:34 AM »
Say; how much does it cost to "process" a political campaign contribution?  grin

If every republican sent a money order to them for "one cent", or even a dime - it might drain their funds completely. It would cost them a pile of money even to open all the envelopes and trash those below a certain amount.

-----------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://sunitedstates.org

HankB

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 04:04:18 AM »
Voting in a government election to further your own interest is one thing (and not always right, either).  But screwing with someone else's political party, deciding who will represent them, when you have no intention of voting for them, is just wrong.

There is nothing wrong or unethical in crossover voting during a primary to weaken your opponent - "screwing with someone else's political party" - especially when they're intent on thoroughly screwing you.

When they're promising to screw you in their campaign rhetoric.

Years ago in Minnesota, there was a "Dump Spannaus" campaign in which GOP voters in large numbers voted in the Democratic primary against Warren Spannaus, a rabidly anti-gun democrat. Thanks to crossover voting, his opponent got the nomination . . . and lost handily in the general election.

Now, there's absolutely no guarantee that "Operation Chaos" will work . . . and even if it does, we're not going to get someone we actually want as president.

But when all the choices are bad ones - and I really mean bad ones -  it makes some sense to do whatever you can to avoid the greater evil, and B. Hussein Obama is the greater evil.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 05:40:40 AM »
I get a kick out of people who rarely if ever actually listen to Rush Limbaugh, but think they know all there is to know about the guy.

During the Clinton campaigns, he said many times that if the Clintons lost, that it would be bad for him personally, simply because the Clintons were so easy to poke fun at.

Its also very clear that he has a very keen grasp of politics that a lot of people just don't see because they do not like him personally. I enjoy the entertainment, and the occasional insights into politics Rush offers. I also like a guy who does not take himself all that seriously. No one who says some of the things he regularly says is taking himself all that seriously.

This is a guy who can keep tens of millions of people entertained for three hours every day on an unscripted radio talk show. And has managed to do it for 20 some years. Thats an astounding achievement all by itself.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.