Author Topic: Forum names, how did you choose yours?  (Read 15895 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Forum names, how did you choose yours?
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »
Well, pappy, you could try to be the black sheep here, but I don't know how you would out-black-sheep the rest of us.  Plus, see the following thread:

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=13462.0
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 02:13:08 PM »
Like Sawdust, my other hobby is woodworking.  (For those who aren't into woodworking, a Unisaw is a cabinet tablesaw made by Delta.)
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 02:41:41 PM »
If real life was like DnD that'd be me. Except frost spells; less lawn damage/burning your house down, and once they're all slowed down I could go out and push em around. grin

What, you didn't build fireproof?

I think the funniest thing was when the DM had my character(acting as a NPC) hire all the people out of a village - the newbie team was sent to investigate the disappearance.

At that point he was QUITE high level, as well as occasionally cranky.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2008, 02:45:13 PM »
Mine is a referee to an old Warren Zevon song that I always thought was pretty funny.  It seemed appropriate for a gun forum.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2008, 02:49:19 PM »
I was a MSgt in the USAF, and my name is Bob.
I had a late-developing birthmark on my leg. When I was seven or so, it was about the size of a half dollar. By the time I got to junior high my leg was covered with thick black hair from about the ankle up to mid-thigh. Some guy said it looked like a monkey's leg, and I started using that as a nickname.

It made me uncomfortable when I was dating but, oddly enough, it pretty much disappeared after I was married.  rolleyes

I think I would've called you "Hair pants" grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

BPFowler

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »
It is my name.
and Black Powder adds a little challenge to to bringing the little birdies down.

B.P. Fowler

grampster

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2008, 03:36:03 PM »
It's what my grandkids call me.  Just about everybody does now.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2008, 04:15:31 PM »
Declaration Day is a patriotic song by the band Iced Earth, glorifying the Declaration of Independence and a militia man's dedication to the cause.

Here are the words:

A desperate situation
Forced to retaliation
The task ahead a burden
And men will suffer, that's for certain
We'll charge into the fire
The cause we must inspire
We raise our fist to tyranny
A high price; freedom is not free

The odds are stacked against us,
But with our resolve relentless,
And arrogance their weakness
Our cause is just, we won't be beaten
Upon this Declaration
Will come a grand new nation
Where men are seen as equal
Governed by, and for the people

[Chorus:]
So we make our stand and pray
On this Declaration Day
For independence I will fight,
With liberty I will defy
On this Declaration Day
Give me liberty or give me death,
I'll fight 'till my last breath

With virtue as our beacon
Our cause is charged as treason
Battle worn and starving
Through the hell of war we'll keep marching
The birth of our new nation
An act of desperation
We'll force King George down to his knees
Capitulation

[Chorus:]
On this Declaration Day
For independence I will fight
With liberty, I will defy
On this Declaration Day
Give me liberty or give me death
I'll fight 'till my last breath

A very good old-school metal song (released in 2003) a la Ronnie James Dio, if you like that sort of music.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2008, 04:22:59 PM »
I love Iced Earth, never realized you took your name from them DD. But comparing them to Dio? That's just... insulting.  cheesy

Welcome aboard BPFowler! Have you lurked here long?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 04:27:12 PM »
I love Iced Earth, never realized you took your name from them DD. But comparing them to Dio? That's just... insulting.  cheesy

Hey now, I didn't say Iced Earth = Dio.  I said that particular song is reminiscent of old school Dio.  Good to see someone else here appreciates their talent.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 04:31:41 PM »
1776 is the most patriotic instrumental song I've ever heard.

The only real version of the song I know of on YouTube, anime video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffGr4Ug9RcE
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 04:35:39 PM »
People in the family or friends see me with a gun on my hip and always ask..." is that thing loaded?"
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 04:38:55 PM »
1776 is a great song. 

Here's Declaration Day, for those who are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk0wYiUBZ20&feature=related

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »
the kids in daycare named me when i dropped the critters off and did the mandatory "read us a book" deal
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 05:13:24 PM »

Rev is due to being an ordained Reverend.  I was drunk and it seemed like a good idea at the time. 

Disk came from an inside joke, sorta.  I've been a computer nerd since I was quite young.  And I remember a lot of random useless information.  So, Disk. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Chief Squattanpoo

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »
My handle is a soul detector: If you don't chuckle at my handle, you don't have one.

Chief Squattanpoo commands that we now all smokum Smokeless Powder of Peace through the .45 caliber Barrel of Togetherness!

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 05:51:08 PM »
I'm somewhat interested in astronomy and geology.  Regolith is a term used to describe the rocky soil on planets such as Mars, Venus, etc. as well as certain soil types on Earth.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »

Rev is due to being an ordained Reverend.  I was drunk and it seemed like a good idea at the time. 

Ha!  I thought I was the only one who did that!  shocked

As for mine: Nick(me) registered at THR because he couldn't hit anything with a 1911!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2008, 07:57:26 PM »
Wm sort of an abreviation for William and middle intial with first four letters of my last name and the year of my beginning.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »
Despite being a drink, I've used this name (or other numbered variants) since before I was old enough to drink.  It's a line from John Woo's movie Hard Boiled.  Tony Leung asks Anthony Cheng "Who's that hard boiled cop you have?  Vodka?"  The character's name was actually Tequila, but I thought Vodka was cooler.  Of course, so does everyone else on the internet, so I end up Vodka7 (one of Hank Chinaski's favorite drinks) most of the time.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 09:34:16 PM »
It aint what most folks think it refers to.

A long, long time ago someone said that I caused others to stop dead in their tracks because of the "impertinent" questions I asked.  (Now, just what did they mean by that?)  Another person in the group seconded that by saying they could follow my progress by the skidmarks on the floor where folks had in fact come to a sudden stop because of some question I had asked.

Its not like I go looking for impertinent questions to ask.  Society just seems to throw them my way.  angel

My sign-off is what I say to folks when we part company.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2008, 02:33:12 AM »
I've been a mountain biker for nearly 25 years.  I used it as my original login for PipelineUSA (became Mindspring, became Earthlink) back in the mid 90s and just kept going with it.  I'm mtnbkr on every forum I participate on except biking related forums (name is always taken), there I'm allencb.

I'd probably switch to using my real name, but it would just confuse folks who've known me online for the better part of a decade as mtnbkr, so I just stick with it.

Chris

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2008, 02:56:21 AM »
My "real" login is 41mag.That's what I registered as on THR & a few other places.A 41 Magnum Ruger Blackhawk was my first handgun.It seemed appropriate.Here though,it doesn't quite feel right.This board has too much variety for that narrow focus.

Besides,I like onions. smiley

grampster

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2008, 04:04:06 AM »
One of the amusing things about screen names is how they sound in one's mind when reading them.  At least for me anyway.  What I mean is that what someones screen names "sounds" like to me, doesn't necessarily "sound" like what it says.

Example:  wmenorr67 = wormenor  (No offense, William, it just sounds like that when I read it angel)

Any other of you'ens do the same thing?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2008, 04:17:40 AM »
The first time I met Jamz, I said Jamz, it's nice to meet you.

He said it's James.

Doh!
One day at a time.