Author Topic: Today's comic relief  (Read 1110 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Today's comic relief
« on: November 21, 2018, 05:49:07 PM »
Chief Justice John Roberts says federal judges are all objective and all strive for equal application of the law.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chief-justice-john-roberts-rebuts-trump-obama-judge/story?id=59344259

Who knew the Chief Justice is on crack?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Today's comic relief
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 06:52:33 PM »
Are today's judges the ADHD of the presidential world? As in were judges always smacking down a president constantly and it just seems new due to over sensational reporting or is it in fact a new phenomenon? I can't remember but so far back, gonna go out on a limb and say it wasn't happening to the previous presidential place holder.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 07:21:56 PM »
The deep state has got dirt on Roberts.

I’m afraid we’ll be seeing him *let's not go there* on us more and more as the years go by.

Hope I’m wrong of course.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 07:37:22 PM »
I have already written my obligatory "bark" letter to Roberts on this. I think it's the first time in my 74+ years on the planet that I've ever put toner to paper to call out a Supreme Court justice. I had to resort to the dead tree method because e-mail addresses are not available for SCOTUS justices. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 10:16:57 PM »
Thanks to Chuck Grassley for reminding me that Obama also attacked the SCOTUS -- and that Roberts didn't say anything in rebuttal:

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2018/11/21/chuck-grassley-to-chief-justice-john-roberts-you-rebuked-trump-but-sat-silent-through-obamas-abuse/

Though Trump has often criticized judges, raising concerns during the election about his commitment to judicial independence, in practice he has arguably shown greater deference to the courts than Obama, even earning praise from the judge who stopped the family separation policy at the border.

I guess there's no lingering question about where Roberts stands.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 10:59:44 AM »
Thanks to Chuck Grassley for reminding me that Obama also attacked the SCOTUS -- and that Roberts didn't say anything in rebuttal:

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2018/11/21/chuck-grassley-to-chief-justice-john-roberts-you-rebuked-trump-but-sat-silent-through-obamas-abuse/

I guess there's no lingering question about where Roberts stands.
Some of these guys who are supposed to be conservative hate Trump more than they hate leftist Democrats.  Interesting how Trump's actions have them actually speaking their minds more just like the leftist Democrats.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 10:05:34 AM »

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 10:38:16 AM »
The “elite” just cannot handle real speak.

Is there anyone who pays attention that doesn’t know the ninth circus is generally a left wing progressive enclave?

What purpose does it serve to obfuscate that reality?

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 10:39:24 AM »
The “elite” just cannot handle real speak.

Is there anyone who pays attention that doesn’t know the ninth circus is generally a left wing progressive enclave?

What purpose does it serve to obfuscate that reality?

If you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 10:46:16 AM »
If you tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth.

This tells us all we need to know about Roberts.

If he was of the right he would have kept his trap shut and let reality wash over the country.

Good on Trump for doubling down and smacking down cowardly Bush leftist squish.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 10:51:42 AM »
The deep state has got dirt on Roberts.

I’m afraid we’ll be seeing him *let's not go there* on us more and more as the years go by.

Hope I’m wrong of course.

Killing this thread just because Ron used the word "*let's not go there*". 
 :facepalm:
Knock that *expletive deleted*it off.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”