Author Topic: Looks like the International love affair with Obama might be over  (Read 1660 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
At least in some places.  I hope more folks like him follow suit.

Faber, who has correctly predicted a number of economic downturns in the past, went on to differentiate between Obama and his predecessor, former President George W. Bush. “We foreigners, we just laugh at someone like Mr. Obama. I was very critical of Mr. Bush, but at least he had one line and he stuck to that line, and at least he set out to do a thing and he was relatively straight on that thing that he did. He may have been wrong and I criticized him very frequently, but at least he didn’t change his mind continuously, and didn’t prostitute himself.”

Ouch.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/swiss-investor-foreigners-laugh-as-obama-prostitutes-himself/

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Looks like the International love affair with Obama might be over
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »
Ah, yes.

I'm proud of the days when I can agree with Eurotrash foreigners, calling the President of the United States a whore. ;/ :'(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 10:09:01 AM »
I saw that interview.  He was about as blunt as you can be.  The big money guys know a fool or a saboteur when they see one.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 12:09:38 PM »
One question, not having mashed the link:

When I read this...
Faber, who has correctly predicted a number of economic downturns in the past...
...I wonder if he is the kind of fellow who predicted 10 out of the last 2 recessions?

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 12:48:34 PM »
He runs the GTAA global asset allocation ETF.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 12:51:46 PM »
A Swiss guy berating somebody for being inconsistent does not at all surprise me.  Those are the people who think Germans are unruly.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 01:47:52 PM »
Quote from: longeyes
I saw that interview.  He was about as blunt as you can be.  The big money guys know a fool or a saboteur when they see one.

And then there are the big money guys that are themselves fools &/or saboteurs.  *cough*Hack*bloom*cough*berg*

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 03:23:56 PM »
Marc Faber is a very, very smart guy.  I have met with him in the course of my work and have also heard him speak several times at various conferences.  He doesn't suffer fools gladly.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 05:38:06 PM »
And then there are the big money guys that are themselves fools &/or saboteurs.  *cough*Hack*bloom*cough*berg*

Well, that's true too, but even thieves and looters can sense an amateur in their midst.

Ooops, got him confused with Mebane Faber (GTAA).
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.