Author Topic: How many of you think there will be a President Obama?  (Read 28797 times)

Tecumseh

• friend
Re: How many of you think there will be a President Obama?
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2008, 02:30:49 PM »
Can we?  How so?

Because you seem to think either Hillary or NObama would be a better choice than Mcstain. 
Neither one would be a friend of the taxpayer.  Both nitwits actually think that they can pull us out of Iraq and just spend the same amount of money on social programs. 

Yes, when they talk about "change" they are referring to what they might leave in your pocket once they are done with their wunnerful new social programs.
I'll take McCain for five.  If he wants to go invade another 3rd world slime hole and do some cleaning, that's just skippy with me.
  Well I am not skippy with it. 

If your so entusiastic, then call this number:

1-800-USA-ARMY

or look into this site...

http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp?#?channel=&video=

I am sure they could send you to a slime hole, this way you can help with the cleaning. 
I happily would.  But the military's requirement for overweight 46 yr old Orthodox Jewish men has probably been filled already.
Sorry you are unhappy at seeing 3rd world anti-American zealots getting their due.  But who said life was unfair?
  Start working out and dropping the weight. Write your legislators and tell them to have the military change the requirements to allow you entry so you can take part in this.  You got to work for it.  Ask them for a waiver on your weight. 

I am all for 3rd world anti-American zealots getting their due as long as they attack us.  When do we attack Saudi Arabia?  I seem to remember they had the most citizens in the 9/11 plot.  I also believe that Osama is a Saudi Arabian person.  It is said that he gets a lot of support from Saudis.  What about Pakistan?  I have been told by my roommate (he was in the US Army and deployed to Afghanistan) said that the majority of the enemy was hiding in Pakistani refugee camps right over the border.  If they are harboring terrorists, why doesn't Herr Bush attack them?

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2008, 02:33:03 PM »
its not forgetful if you were too young to be much concerned beyond where the next nipple was coming from.of course when you reach the age of majority and still need the nipple thats different
  I was about 11 years old when the first desert storm happened.  It is true that I dont remember it as clearly as some. 

However I would like to ask you to explain what you mean?  Can you clarify your statement for me.  And please do it coherently.

Paddy

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2008, 02:44:12 PM »
I was about 11 years old when the first desert storm happened.  It is true that I dont remember it as clearly as some because I was only in the 5th grade at the time

Fixed it for you.  laugh

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2008, 03:05:47 PM »
I was about 11 years old when the first desert storm happened.  It is true that I dont remember it as clearly as some because I was only in the 5th grade at the time

Fixed it for you.  laugh
  Thanks. 

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2008, 05:32:21 PM »
A lot of people are abusing the "Quote" button here. Stop wasting bandwidth; if you want to cite something relevent ctrl-c / ctrl-v it. Geez.

+1.......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2008, 05:53:57 PM »
Somehow I don't think Tecumseh would like the outcome if only veterans had a say in foreign policy.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2008, 07:21:27 PM »
  Start working out and dropping the weight. Write your legislators and tell them to have the military change the requirements to allow you entry so you can take part in this.  You got to work for it.  Ask them for a waiver on your weight.

I would go about refuting this argument, but that would be too easy, and it's been done before. 

I am all for 3rd world anti-American zealots getting their due as long as they attack us.  When do we attack Saudi Arabia?  I seem to remember they had the most citizens in the 9/11 plot.  I also believe that Osama is a Saudi Arabian person.  It is said that he gets a lot of support from Saudis.  What about Pakistan?  I have been told by my roommate (he was in the US Army and deployed to Afghanistan) said that the majority of the enemy was hiding in Pakistani refugee camps right over the border.  If they are harboring terrorists, why doesn't Herr Bush attack them?
Oh.  So you support our war in Iraq, then.  Very good. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2008, 07:12:41 AM »
I dont seem to remember Iraq provoking us.  How did they?

How old are you?
How many UN resolutions ignored should it take?
How many Saddam pay outs supporting suicide bombers should it take?
How many violations of the UN mandated no-fly zones should it take?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2008, 06:00:11 PM »
I think Obama is setting up to be another McGovern.

This is a very different country from 1972; we've had 35 years of mostly bad governance and worse "education." Meanwhile, the demographics have also changed radically.  Consumerism has replaced citizenship.  Should we be surprised that one of our candidates might have stepped out of American Idol?

Obama is the child of the Revolution--not ours, the French version.  He's filled with the ideas of Rousseau and that means we can look forward to upheaval, The Terror, and eventually "Napoleon." 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2008, 06:21:54 PM »

This is a very different country from 1972; we've had 35 years of mostly bad governance and worse "education." Meanwhile, the demographics have also changed radically.  Consumerism has replaced citizenship.  Should we be surprised that one of our candidates might have stepped out of American Idol?

Obama is the child of the Revolution--not ours, the French version.  He's filled with the ideas of Rousseau and that means we can look forward to upheaval, The Terror, and eventually "Napoleon." 
If we're lucky we can avoid cannibalism. rolleyes
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2008, 01:27:19 AM »

If we're lucky we can avoid cannibalism. rolleyes

He'll call it "recycling" and charge a carbon tax if you cook 'em.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2008, 09:02:00 AM »
Not just President but President for Life.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
Not just President but President for Life.
And the enslavement of white people.  Don't forget that.  If you're lucky you might get a job washing Too Short's Cadillac. rolleyes
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2008, 10:54:31 AM »
I think it will be very hard to run on change for 8 more months without much detail on just what change he has in mind or how he proposes to pay for it.

That could end up making him the next McGovern.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2008, 07:40:51 PM »
I think it will be very hard to run on change for 8 more months without much detail on just what change he has in mind or how he proposes to pay for it.

That could end up making him the next McGovern.

Most young people, which are the voters most galvanized by him, could give a *expletive deleted*it on how he's going to finance "change".  They think we should have free Canadian style healthcare and other government programs ad naseum.....they don't realize that there is no free lunch.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2008, 11:43:28 PM »
The Obamanable Snowman has mesmerized more than just the young and innocent.  Way too many of my friends, a lot of whom are liberal carry-overs from my checkered past, seem to go a bit soft in the head when Obama is brought up.  Obama would not be possible without the eight years of George Bush,  let it be said.  Bush was elected to Stop the Insanity and re-affirm conservative principles.  Instead he threw red meat at The Beast and made it grow into a monster.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Paddy

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2008, 11:51:12 PM »
I don't even care who the next POTUS is, between those three.  I'll vote in the next election, but not for President. Somebody else can be responsible for what's coming.  I learned my lesson with my last two votes for Bush.  Never Again.

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2008, 01:54:08 AM »
Somehow, I don't think Tecumseh would like the outcome if only veterans had a say in foreign policy.

I cannot believe I would, either.
Zeke

Strings

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2008, 04:36:32 AM »
Heh... if only veterans had a say in going to war, wars would probably be a bit shorter (and have MUCH more definate ends)...

Personally, I'm not sure who I want to vote for. I cast my Primary vote for Thompson, even though he had dropped out: the hope being that, just maybe, a bunch of votes for Thompson would send a bit of a message. But in the actual election, I just do NOT know...

We have the Carpet Bagger, and all her issues. We have Mr Cultofpersonality, who quite honestly scares the beejezus out of me (watch the crowd when he gives a speech. Then watch old footage of Hitler, and the crowd listening to him). Last, we have Mr Don't Need No First Amendment...

Rapidly approaching the point where Cthulu IS the lesser evil...

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2008, 05:07:26 AM »
Lets return to topic shall we? Or do we let him who shall not be named derail yet another thread?

Anyway, you're all wrong.
McCain won't touch the 2nd amendment, he has said he is against "bans
on so-called assault weapons"  Which is better then what GW said, neither of them  really push control freaks agenda, just the same old lip service.

Obama is the voice of todays youth, and old age and treachery will always triumph over youth....this means that Hilary will be the Dem candidate.  The same people who screamed and stomped their little feet about the FL election results will be silenced by the Clinton machine, after all, stealing votes is only bad if an R does it....just like war for that matter.

Obama voters will be the ones staying home because they are gonna be pretty angry when they realize the fix was in and Hilary "won" the primaries despite millions more voting for Obama.

What I'm really worried about is Hilary stealing the Presidency from McCain.

I know the republican machine in NV tried to steal it for Rommney...

I'm on the McCain bandwagon for better or worse, I just hope we can stop his real goal of allowing wage slavery for the agri biz and construction interest.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure he won't take any crap from Russia or Middle East or China...he just might wake up crabby and nuke someone...life may be interesting if he wins.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2008, 10:50:01 AM »
McCain is for "closing the gunshow loophole," dontcha know.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Marvin Dao

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2008, 12:15:35 PM »
Most young people, which are the voters most galvanized by him, could give a *expletive deleted*it on how he's going to finance "change".  They think we should have free Canadian style healthcare and other government programs ad naseum.....they don't realize that there is no free lunch.

Most young voters certainly know that there's no free lunch. They also know that some other fool is going to be holding the bag when tax time comes around. Leaving college, whether graduating or dropping out, with a huge whack of debt and uncertain job prospects makes the idea of someone else paying for your healthcare and social services highly attractive.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2008, 12:33:20 PM »
McCain is for "closing the gunshow loophole," dontcha know

& GW "would sign a new assault weapon bill if it came to my desk"

like I said, lip service.
Clinton has already attacked the second and has a clear record on that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2008, 12:58:55 PM »
Well, if Hillary winds up on Pennsylvania Ave. it will be the first Presidential election decided by single women wanting a hubby-state and, equally important, the illegal alien bloc that no one, including the GOP, seems to want to justifiably disenfranchise.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2008, 07:53:57 PM »
I WAS RIGHT AGAIN!

HIL just stole TX and Ohio, nobama is the nowheremean!