Author Topic: Rand Paul's 5 Year Budget Proposal  (Read 28805 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Rand Paul's 5 Year Budget Proposal
« on: March 21, 2011, 02:49:30 PM »
"Paul’s package axes four federal departments: Commerce, Education, Housing and Urban Development, and Energy. It also repeals Obamacare and requires entitlement form to be implemented by 2016."

Balances budget in 5 years.

More of this, thanks.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/262478/rand-takes-reins-robert-costa

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Rand Paul's 5 Year Budget Proposal
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 02:53:18 PM »
I could kiss him.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 03:22:56 PM »
Looks good.

But actions speak louder than words.  Can he get it passed?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 03:48:07 PM »
Not saying I disagree, but with DOE gone, who is going to handle the maintenance and storage requirements of our nuclear weapons?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 03:49:44 PM »
Axing multiple cabinet departments is a step in the right direction, as is doing away with Obamacare. He should also look at curtailing the Department of Labor and the EPA, and doing away with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

And in most cases the department's basic FUNCTIONS ought to be eliminated - not just shifted to another department.

For entitlement reform, I'd favor prohibition of any Federal money being used on benefits for illegal aliens EXECPT for emergency medical care (if necessary) in the interval - the SHORT interval - between their apprehension and deportation. Also take a look at cuts to food stamps, WIC, AFDC, EITC, midnight basketball, and a host of other "Great Society" leftovers . . . as well as foreign aid to countries that really aren't our friends.

And I'm sure there's a lot of the Dept. of Agriculture we could do without . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 03:55:35 PM »
Not saying I disagree, but with DOE gone, who is going to handle the maintenance and storage requirements of our nuclear weapons?

Maybe by the folks that are potentially tasked with using them?  Putting that sort of thing under DOE is nothing more than a way to artificially shrink the military's budget, a common tactic in govt.

Chris

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 03:57:06 PM »

The Military, considering they are already handling that on a daily basis.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 04:00:09 PM »
While we're at it, get rid of the national endowment for the arts.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »
Axing multiple cabinet departments is a step in the right direction, as is doing away with Obamacare. He should also look at curtailing the Department of Labor and the EPA, and doing away with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.And I'm sure there's a lot of the Dept. of Agriculture we could do without . . .

So going back to rivers on fire? No more labor laws, you will now work for 20 hrs a day at .25 and hour and you have to rent and buy food from the company store.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 04:35:43 PM »
So going back to rivers on fire? No more labor laws, you will now work for 20 hrs a day at .25 and hour and you have to rent and buy food from the company store.

Yes, because unless the federal government prohibits those things, it'll all devolve into some Dickensian hellhole, complete with the roving bands of orphans pressed into a theiving ring. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »
Honestly, do people actually believe this stuff? It's like the unions that are getting paid $100K in salary and benefits saying that if you think they've gone too far, you must hate a 5 day work week.

Sometimes the stuff lefties say surprises even me, and I'm pretty cynical.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 04:42:55 PM »
While we're at it, get rid of the national endowment for the arts.

Why? Some of the greatest treasurers of history is the art the remains. Sometimes you need to see past tomorrow, next week or your own life span. $150 million in annual appropriations is chump change in the whole federal budget.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 04:54:30 PM »
Axing multiple cabinet departments is a step in the right direction, as is doing away with Obamacare. He should also look at curtailing the Department of Labor and the EPA, and doing away with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

And in most cases the department's basic FUNCTIONS ought to be eliminated - not just shifted to another department.

For entitlement reform, I'd favor prohibition of any Federal money being used on benefits for illegal aliens EXECPT for emergency medical care (if necessary) in the interval - the SHORT interval - between their apprehension and deportation. Also take a look at cuts to food stamps, WIC, AFDC, EITC, midnight basketball, and a host of other "Great Society" leftovers . . . as well as foreign aid to countries that really aren't our friends.

And I'm sure there's a lot of the Dept. of Agriculture we could do without . . .

If we get rid of the EPA and DOI, we can actually get some *expletive deleted*it done.

BIA- Get rid of the "reservations" completely. Get rid of racial division and bullshit all together. Stop affirmative action and that kind of *expletive deleted*it. It's all about playing the races off against each other, and if we as a country are "supposed" to move beyond racial divisions, then why does the fed .gov promote racial strife so much?

Transfer the national parks over to the state park systems of the states they reside in.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 04:55:06 PM »
So going back to rivers on fire?
If our water is flammable, we won't need OPEC now, will we?

it'll all devolve into some Dickensian hellhole, complete with the roving bands of orphans pressed into a theiving ring.
Poor Fagin was misunderstood.

Why? Some of the greatest treasurers of history is the art the remains. Sometimes you need to see past tomorrow, next week or your own life span. $150 million in annual appropriations is chump change in the whole federal budget.
Yes, I'm sure a crucifix immersed in urine or a Madonna painting smeared with elephant dung will be seen as a creative treasure in a century or two.

Seriously, this is the 21st century, not the 15th. With radio, TV, newspapers, and the Internet making the art market truly worldwide - billions of potential buyers with access to tens of trillions of dollars - any so called "artist" who can't find a market for his alleged "art" needs to find himself a REAL job, as the rest of us have no obligation to support his hobby.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »

Every state has its own DOL and its own EPA.  Why do we need federal redundancy? 
JD

PTK

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »
Downside, without HUD I'd have no home.

I'm willing to pay that price.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 05:28:51 PM »
Looks good.

But actions speak louder than words.  Can he get it passed?

This is politics. Words are an action, too.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 05:39:06 PM »
Every state has its own DOL and its own EPA.  Why do we need federal redundancy? 

becasue lots of "things" are interstate.

For folks who complain about the EPA, BLM, Interior Department, etc. You need to read a book called: Renewable Resource Policy by David A. Adams.

Surprisingly the book is unbiased and gives the history of many of those agencies and all the laws passed in regards to natural resources.

Uranus is a gas giant.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 05:41:47 PM »
Downside, without HUD I'd have no home.

I'm willing to pay that price.

If we could be debt free in five years, with a reduction in taxes in the sixth to match the spending cuts, a lot of us might have enough left over to help you out.

Think you can manage in a refrigerator box for six years?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 05:56:34 PM »

Because A.) states have art programs, and B.) That's the argument they use to justify everything. All these "chump change" amounts add up, and it's not the responsibility of the government to promote art.

Plus, the internet exists now. Everything that's created is more or less there for eternity now.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 06:16:51 PM »
Maybe by the folks that are potentially tasked with using them?  Putting that sort of thing under DOE is nothing more than a way to artificially shrink the military's budget, a common tactic in govt.

Chris

The Military, considering they are already handling that on a daily basis.

Just 'cause little Lieutenant Ricky turns The Key(tm) when the correct codes get transmitted to his silo doesn't mean he necessarily knows a damned thing about purification process of plutonium, neutron reflectors, super-accurate detonation systems or the myriad of other things that are necessary. Could any of you guys tell me when a neutron initiator for a compression type plutonium physics package needs to be changed, or even how to test it, or make the replacement? Those Q clearance civis have spent decades getting their doctorates and masters in their fields for a reason and sadly that level of expertise isn't readily replaceable by the military. After axing the DOE those guys would still likely need to be rehired by big.mil in order to keep our stockpiles fresh, safe and functional.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 06:47:43 PM »

For folks who complain about the EPA, BLM, Interior Department, etc. You need to read a book called: Renewable Resource Policy by David A. Adams.

Surprisingly the book is unbiased and gives the history of many of those agencies and all the laws passed in regards to natural resources.

Great.  If your state is a polluting cesspool, the state next to you can take you to federal court over it. 
Those natural resources do not belong to the Federal government, they belong to the state they are found in.
Most of those agencies have absolutely no constitutional mandate to exist.
JD

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »

Just like unions, a lot of government may have possibly once been necessary, or even helpful, but that point has long passed.

I worked for the DOI, NPS to be exact. Yeah, it ain't needed when there is redundancy created by the state park systems. I went to work for my state's park system. Guess which one not only protects resources, but turns them into a profitable enterprise, provides 75% of it's funding from visitor revenue, AND does the job on a fairly low budget? Let me give you a hint, not the feds.

On the contrary, the NPS is very well funded, marginally protected the resources (I should note that the idiot chief ranger at the site I worked for wanted to perform actions that would damage/destroy the resources on site), wasted gross amounts of money, and has a love of dictating the actions of people off the park (the park I worked for seized a man's family homestead because they could, not because the site was historically significant, and later the park tried to prevent a neighbor from doing what he wanted with his private property, in this case moving a trailer on to it for his sick father to live in so they could take care of him)
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
If the EPA would get out of the business of carrying water for radical environmentalists and stick to monitoring and enforcing reasonable environmental law, then I could go with keeping it.  AS it is now the EPA is a tool of the aforementioned radicals greens and globalists.  I stand amazed at the frequency with which sensitive flora or fauna show up on resource rich land.  Inevitably the land is placed off limits to exploitation and the potential wealth it would generate disappears into someone's or some group's pocket.  This country is awash in natural resources yet we seem unable exploit them.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 07:36:46 PM »
At least he understands that our present predicament requires a chainsaw, not a dull butterknife.

The odds of getting anything this sane passed in a climate of addiction is minimal.  But nobody can say he didn't try.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.