Author Topic: Shots fired on Capitol Hill  (Read 29181 times)

fifth_column

• friend
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Shots fired on Capitol Hill
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:41:22 PM »
Those damn libertarian Tea Party trrrrrrrrrsts, hijacking the GOP wasn't enough for them.

[/mainstream]
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 02:44:42 PM »
Probably just a truck backfiring, and the (unconfirmed) injury to a Capitol policeman was due to him jumping out of his socks . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 03:24:50 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/03/us-capitol-in-lockdown-reports-shots-fired/

Supposedly it began with a car chase that started in front of the White House, with several police cars in pursuit.  They boxed the guy in and he got out an fired.  But, but, but there aren't suppose to be any guns on the streets of DC.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 03:30:19 PM »
Reports say it was a woman, with a baby in the car.  :mad:

What are the long guns those cops have? Video is super jerky and low res for me on this connection, I can't tell. Look like SBR, suppressed Sig 556's maybe?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 04:26:23 PM »
what i heard from locals is: she tried to ram the whitehouse, failed, so she drove over to the capitol to ram it, and the shots were defensive from the popo
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 04:36:24 PM »
That seems to be the story.  Looks like she was driving an Acura, presuming this is the car . . .

Can anybody tell me what state the plates are from?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1475554.1380830993!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/182999379.jpg

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »
That seems to be the story.  Looks like she was driving an Acura, presuming this is the car . . .

Looks like an Infiniti to me.

(I know, picky, picky ...)
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »
looks like a blue to white faded plate

isn't that illinois?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 04:54:51 PM »

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1475554.1380830993!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/182999379.jpg

All the Virginia specialty plates that have a blue fade have some sort of animal our symbol to the left side.

Same for all the Maryland ones too. Although the white stork-looking bird on the "Treasure the Chesapeake" plate would be hard to see at that distance or resolution. So it's a long shot contender.

D.C. Has no special plates like that.

I promise not to duck.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 04:59:25 PM »

I thought Illinois too, at first, but apparently it's Connecticut, according to NY Daily News.  Plus, it's an Infiniti . . . (my bad)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »
connecticut?
watch it be a sandy hook mom

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
STAMFORD -- A car that attempted to ram the White House gate Thursday afternoon is registered to a Stamford woman, according to a local law enforcement official.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 05:08:52 PM »
123-abc is a standard CT format, it is not a custom plate

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »
looks like a blue to white faded plate

isn't that illinois?

Hold on....tromptromptromp.....

don't think so, some of the relevant details are obscured.  IL uses red letters, blue stripe along the lower edge, "Ill-i-noise" in cursive script at the top.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 06:29:11 PM »
connecticut?
watch it be a sandy hook mom

If it's a D. activist, or other lefty, this story will disappear RSN. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »
Yep, not an Illinois plate.

Mayhaps my tinfoil is on a wee to tight, but given the recent Navy Yard shooting and much of the silliness of the .gov shutdown this screams agent provocateur.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 06:34:29 PM »
From Fox News:

Witnesses saw a baby being taken from the car. The condition of the child is not known. David Loewenberg, who witnessed the incident, said he saw an officer "hugging a child and taking that child away."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 07:22:25 PM »
Woman didn't have a gun, it was just the car.  Can't see any RKBA threat.

Care-level now at 0.5/10...

I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »
On two separate occassions Capitol Police fired at the car - while aware that there was a toddler-sized child in the car along with the driver.

According to Secret Service, the driver was "captured" when she was shot.  Shot DBD (dead before departure from the scene).

One-year old female child was first taken to some medical care center, then transported to a local hospital (probably DC Children's which would be closer by a block or two than GWU Hospital).

It's sketchy, but based on nooze reports and video of folks who were there/nearby there were somewhere between 9 and 20 shots fired.  It will be fun to find out how many struck the csr, and where it was struck.  I have no expectation that we will ever find out where the bullets that did not hit the car ended up.  All we seem to have right now is that they did not hit an innocent bystander.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 07:32:10 PM »
Looks like an Infiniti to me.

(I know, picky, picky ...)

Nooze now reports it as a Lexus.

It's been decades since I was able to ID a car by make & model as it drove past.  Maybe 10% of that is because of fading eyesight.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 12:23:59 AM »
Could be Ms. Miriam Carey is just another victim of the Government shutdown since it appears this whole thing started when she struck a temporary barrier ...

http://news.yahoo.com/capitol-hill-on-lockdown-after-reports-of-shots-fired-183834445.html

The woman raced to the Capitol after a 2:12 p.m. incident in which her car struck temporary fencing and a Uniformed Secret Service officer at an outer perimeter check point near the White House, said Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary. She fled, with Uniformed Secret Service agents in pursuit vehicles.
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 12:42:20 AM »
Well she's got a history of  letting the crazy loose and in her final fit of going nutty (doesn't look like any political motivation or anything of that sort so far) she struck a secret service agent with her car, nearly ran over a couple of officers, and so forth.

When you try to run somebody over who is in possession of a gun they will most likely try to shoot you.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 04:00:09 AM »
Nooze now reports it as a Lexus.

It's been decades since I was able to ID a car by make & model as it drove past.  Maybe 10% of that is because of fading eyesight.

I'm going to have to disagree with the news report.  I'm just going by the eight small, distinctive style elements on the trunk, though.

Guess that answers where one bullet went, too.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2013, 04:51:41 AM »
Could be Ms. Miriam Carey is just another victim of the Government shutdown since it appears this whole thing started when she struck a temporary barrier ...

Looks like some of them are still going with "rammed" a barrier, but the front end of that car doesn't look like it rammed anything.