Author Topic: Shots fired on Capitol Hill  (Read 29178 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Shots fired on Capitol Hill
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2013, 05:41:59 PM »
I think it's odd that most people would consider a rampaging vehicle lethal force if it happened to/near THEM... but when it's at the white house, some consider it to be someone who can be reasoned with and shouldn't be shot

Just an observation

statist! >:D [popcorn] ;/
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2013, 05:46:04 PM »
statist! >:D [popcorn] ;/

I don't always agree with you, but when I do, I do.

I think there MAY have been a way to apprehend her without killing her.

I also know that if someone was tearing around in a vehicle, busting barricades, hitting things, then attempted to drive through me, I'd fire.

Thus, I find it difficult to fault her. Only vid I saw shows what looks like them opening fire after she drive toward them.

Maybe i'm not seeing it well enough. I'll go back and look again.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2013, 05:49:54 PM »
I don't always agree with you, but when I do, I do.

I think there MAY have been a way to apprehend her without killing her.

I also know that if someone was tearing around in a vehicle, busting barricades, hitting things, then attempted to drive through me, I'd fire.

Thus, I find it difficult to fault her. Only vid I saw shows what looks like them opening fire after she drive toward them.

Maybe i'm not seeing it well enough. I'll go back and look again.

you apply same metric i use then

would i shoot her if i was there?  yup

ok then.  doesn't make it a good thing or anything to be happy about.  doing the right thing often brings lil joy  .  but its a man thang and apparently thats hard to grasp for some
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2013, 07:01:49 PM »
I think it's odd that most people would consider a rampaging vehicle lethal force if it happened to/near THEM... but when it's at the white house, some consider it to be someone who can be reasoned with and shouldn't be shot

Just an observation

But reportedly she was out of the vehicle when they shot and killed her  =|

I dunno, I would think that post 9-11 that the barriers would be a somewhat calculated safe blast radius from gov buildings and strong enough to stop a car.  Pursuits are always dangerous and can be made more so.  Certainly this is a unique incident, but any one part of it should fall under standard procedures (do you or do you not shoot at fleeing vehicles, etc).
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2013, 07:03:27 PM »
But reportedly she was out of the vehicle when they shot and killed her  =|

I dunno, I would think that post 9-11 that the barriers would be a somewhat calculated safe blast radius from gov buildings and strong enough to stop a car.  Pursuits are always dangerous and can be made more so.  Certainly this is a unique incident, but any one part of it should fall under standard procedures (do you or do you not shoot at fleeing vehicles, etc).

Any video of that? That might change my opinion greatly
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2013, 07:09:37 PM »

Of the fatal shots?  Not that I am aware of, that is available to the public.  I'm sorta open that she possibly did something "threatening" after getting out of the car, even though "unarmed."

There is video that seems to indicate that shots were fired at the fleeing car after she backed into a cop car and got herself un-cornered.  I'm not seeing bullet holes in the front of the car (to indicated that someone fired on approach) but it looks like bullet holes in the driver's door (can't tell if it was open when that happened).
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2013, 08:04:06 PM »
<---- Military Police Officer Basic Course 14 weeks.
Military Police Officer Advanced Course 26 Weeks.
Military Police Investigations  5 weeks.
Traffic Accident Investigations  3 weeks.
Along with 4 years of OJT on Active Duty.  7 years in the Reserves.

Your turn.

I have.  First shots aren't fired until the :10 second mark.  AFTER she has driven around the "box" and past the officers.  That's a definite "NO SHOOT" in every school and class I've gone to.   Had it been in any other jurisdiction, the officers that pulled triggers would and should be facing some serious discipline, if not criminal charges.

See I hold LE to a higher standard than the average citizen.  Simply because the have been and are trained in the law and sworn to uphold it.

sorry missed this one

so what was it that happened as the shots were fired? as the car was outa sight i am most intrigued at the mysterious abilities all that training gave you that allow you to tell. it must be a heavy burden those kinda powers [popcorn]

• friends
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2013, 08:15:45 PM »

heres a map that shows where she went

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/undercover-lied-role-biker-beatdown-suv-driver-source-article-1.1479369

shes about as close as you can get in private car.   i think the blast radius would exclude the bldg but i bet some of those folks outside nearby are probably selfcentered about being in the radius. likely the cops had strong personal feelings too.  
it does bring up an interesting point  what are the rules near places like that?  the same as everywhere else? or less restrictive. i know at the pentagon the rules change in some areas
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:46:51 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2013, 08:19:41 PM »
heres a map that shows where she went

shes about as close as you can get in private car.   i think the blast radius would exclude the bldg but i bet some of those folks outside nearby are probably selfcentered about being in the radius. likely the cops had strong personal feelings too. 
it does bring up an interesting point  what are the rules near places like that?  the same as everywhere else? or less restrictive. i know at the pentagon the rules change in some areas

No link.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2013, 08:47:26 PM »
shes about as close as you can get in private car.   i think the blast radius would exclude the bldg but i bet some of those folks outside nearby are probably selfcentered about being in the radius. likely the cops had strong personal feelings too.

Even the retarded terrorists use deadman switches.  Charging in shooting is a pretty stupid tactic if you think you're dealing with a bomber.

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Shots fired on Capitol Hill
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2013, 08:56:43 PM »
Even the retarded terrorists use deadman switches.  Charging in shooting is a pretty stupid tactic if you think you're dealing with a bomber.

You suggest talking it out? Or?

damn phone

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2013, 09:07:47 PM »
sorry missed this one

so what was it that happened as the shots were fired? as the car was outa sight i am most intrigued at the mysterious abilities all that training gave you that allow you to tell. it must be a heavy burden those kinda powers [popcorn]

The car was moving because it wasn't out of sight long.  In the "final" picture no bullet holes appear in the front so one would not expect someone to have been shooting at an approaching car (or at least they failed to hit it).  That leaves three other sides I suppose.  Hard to imagine she kept going after bullets went through the drivers door   =|

• friends
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2013, 09:24:12 PM »
The car was moving because it wasn't out of sight long.  In the "final" picture no bullet holes appear in the front so one would not expect someone to have been shooting at an approaching car (or at least they failed to hit it).  That leaves three other sides I suppose.  Hard to imagine she kept going after bullets went through the drivers door   =|
by my count it was outa sight 3-4 seconds.
that actually quite a bit of time for a car to move

your experience with bullet holes in doors allow you to devine what angle they came from or should we defer to scouts powers?
why is it hard to imagine she kept moving  and i admire your candor using imagine

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2013, 09:27:12 PM »
by my count it was outa sight 3-4 seconds.
that actually quite a bit of time for a car to move

your experience with bullet holes in doors allow you to devine what angle they came from or should we defer to scouts powers?
why is it hard to imagine she kept moving  and i admire your candor using imagine

With all due lack of respect, you're just being an ass now  :P

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2013, 10:03:56 PM »
"Now?"
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.