Author Topic: Shots fired on Capitol Hill  (Read 29179 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Shots fired on Capitol Hill
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »
I have to come to the defense of the LEO's in this case. At the time of the incident, they had no way of knowing that the driver was a deranged Oprah fan and not a car bomber. They did what they were trained to do....they terminated the threat. I'm just glad they didn't get their vehicle/weapons training from the LAPD.

One thing I did wonder....how long had that sniper been deployed at the Lincoln Memorial? Is NPS taking the monument shutdown a little too far now?.....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2013, 10:31:06 AM »
.how long had that sniper been deployed at the Lincoln Memorial

??
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

brimic

• friends
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2013, 01:00:12 PM »
I have to come to the defense of the LEO's in this case. At the time of the incident, they had no way of knowing that the driver was a deranged Oprah fan and not a car bomber. They did what they were trained to do....they terminated the threat. I'm just glad they didn't get their vehicle/weapons training from the LAPD.

If we start with a bad premise that every citizen is a trrrrist, this is exactly the outcome that is to be expected.
I find that unacceptable.

LAPD weapons/tactics training? What do you call firing 15 shots into a car that contains an infant?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2013, 01:09:39 PM »
Here's the video of how the police cruiser got smashed up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao3617loZ0k

Here's congress expressing their gratitude to the murderers police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM_flkAhBNk

Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »
If we start with a bad premise that every citizen is a trrrrist, this is exactly the outcome that is to be expected.
I find that unacceptable.

LAPD weapons/tactics training? What do you call firing 15 shots into a car that contains an infant?

every citizen?  or just the ones trying to crash the white house?

do you imagine, and i use imagine in lieu of fantasize, that they knew there was a kid in the car?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2013, 01:12:25 PM »
Eyewitness interview of execution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y79CEx0sxA

Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2013, 01:26:34 PM »
Is there a video of the actual shooting  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »
haven't seen video of last shooting but i would be surprised if there isn't any in that hood

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2013, 01:32:51 PM »
BZZZ!  Wrong!  "strived" is correct.

Not according to usingenglish.com:

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/irregular-verbs/strive.html

Conjugation of 'To Strive'

Base Form:                               Strive
Past Simple:                             Strove
Past Participle:                          Striven
3rd Person Singular:                  Strives
Present Participle/Gerund:         Striving
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

brimic

• friends
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2013, 01:48:58 PM »
every citizen?  or just the ones trying to crash the white house?

do you imagine, and i use imagine in lieu of fantasize, that they knew there was a kid in the car?

Here's a novel idea, have them do 'police' work and have them think on their feet, the decision tree isn't that hard.
Is the driver look middle eastern between the ages of 16-35? Yes- maybe a terrorist, no- probably not a terrorist.
Is the driver a woman with a head covering? Yes: very low percentage of being a terrorist. No: 99.9999999% unlikely she is a terrorist.
I get it though that 'officer safety' covers them for that 0.0000001% chance of her being a terrorist, even if they repeat the same sequence with the same outcome 100,000 times.
They could have tased her too- or are tasers just relegated to being used as roadside torture devices now that the ROE is 'shoot on sight' for anyone that looks slightly off kilter?

Oh, she did not 'try to crash into the white house'- the capital police who amazingly enough are still funded during shutdown, were running a training exercise where they set up several checkpoints- you know in case they need to start cracking down on those pesky 'civies' in the future.

Maybe you don't see it, and prefer to stick to the 'you rah rah go police' M.O., but things are changing. When police can murder a person in broad daylight in the most public of public spaces in the country, and be called heroes, something is terribly wrong.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:53:53 PM by brimic »

Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2013, 01:51:33 PM »
So what if she really had been a terrorist, with a bomb hooked to a "deadman" switch  ???

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

brimic

• friends
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2013, 01:54:48 PM »
So what if she really had been a terrorist, with a bomb hooked to a "deadman" switch

Not sure if serious.

Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2013, 02:46:23 PM »
Try this for the first 7 shots I think it was 7
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1J8QyLKG4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5Q1J8QyLKG4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2013, 04:17:31 PM »
Try this for the first 7 shots I think it was 7
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1J8QyLKG4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5Q1J8QyLKG4

Needs banjo music  ;)

But that's not where they killed her.

• friends
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2013, 04:33:13 PM »
Needs banjo music  ;)

But that's not where they killed her.

Nope about 18-20 blocks away. After a roundabout route where they hit 85.  That's impressive I only got over 70 once in dc and I was driving a cab.

Well they did have races on 295 and I think it was technically in dc

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2013, 04:54:14 PM »
Nope about 18-20 blocks away. ....

Then I stand by my original confusion as to why they killed her.

Maybe if I saw a video of the conclusion then I would change my mind.  Did she point her cellphone at them  ???

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2013, 08:07:53 PM »
Not according to usingenglish.com:

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/irregular-verbs/strive.html

Sure, if you want to use American. :angel:

But what about the American wannabe dominatrixes?  Got nothing to say, huh?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2013, 10:42:32 PM »
She also quit her job over a disagreement with her employer about access to a handicapped parking spot.  I'm just not sure how not being able to walk 200 feet without stopping to rest or needing http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/med10.pdf is related to post-partum depression, but would be interested in finding out.  Just let me first get my 32-oz slurpee and  [popcorn].

According to an article in  my morning birdcage liner, her former employer said she was fired, not that she quit.

Why are we looking at a Virginia application for a handicapped parking placard when she lived and (last) worked in Connecticut?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2013, 08:36:52 AM »
.how long had that sniper been deployed at the Lincoln Memorial

??

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Shots fired on Capitol Hill
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »

I could be mistaken but i don't think chase went near lincolb memorial. And there are plenty of snipers stationed in that hood

damn phone

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2013, 09:18:59 AM »
i would bet the gps log from her car shows a few traffic circle orbits that day.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

• friends
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2013, 10:25:26 AM »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2013, 10:37:15 AM »
heres a better outline of where and when

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/shots-fired-u-s-capitol-report-article-1.1475378

Still begs the question: Is it now acceptable to execute motorists on the side of the road for what amounts to 'traffic violations?'

Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »
The car got boxed in and that’s when I saw an officer of some kind draw his weapon and fire shots into the car

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/shots-fired-u-s-capitol-report-article-1.1475378#ixzz2gxICPDOo

=(

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2013, 12:12:30 PM »
Still begs the question: Is it now acceptable to execute motorists on the side of the road for what amounts to 'traffic violations?'

From the article in NY Daily News:

“The car was trying to get away,” witness Matthew Coursen said. “But it was going over the median and over the curb. The car got boxed in and that’s when I saw an officer of some kind draw his weapon and fire shots into the car.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/shots-fired-u-s-capitol-report-article-1.1475378#ixzz2gxUxkf2Y

I have to wonder, if the car was "boxed in", why was it necessary to kill the driver?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G