Author Topic: Four dead in mass shooting at military facilities in Tennessee  (Read 29085 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Four dead in mass shooting at military facilities in Tennessee
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2015, 11:08:35 AM »
Absolutely.  At the end of the day, this is the most important outcome.

The armed forces / fed.gov are not worthy of the sacrifices our men & women make while enlisted/commissioned. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2015, 03:30:14 PM »
Well, I kind of figured it would happen...

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/07/23/lancaster-ohio-civilian-guard-protecting-lancaster-recruiting-center-accidentally-fires-weapon.html

Long story short, a "civilian" volunteer guard touched off a round outside a recruiting center.

:facepalm:
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »
Long story short, a "civilian" volunteer guard touched off a round outside a recruiting center.

So where did the bullet end up?  If in the dirt within a couple feet of the shooter, (or in some other safe backstop the gun was intentionally pointed at) then the redundancy of the safety rules worked.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2015, 04:28:08 PM »
Lancaster Police tell 10TV 28-year-old Christopher Reed fired an AR-15 rifle while attempting to clear the ammunition from the weapon
Well, technically speaking, he did successfully clear the firearm of the chambered round....
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2015, 05:02:51 PM »
If we're not supposed to fire into the clearing barrel, then why are they designed to take a round?

???

=D
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2015, 05:24:04 PM »

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/07/23/lancaster-ohio-civilian-guard-protecting-lancaster-recruiting-center-accidentally-fires-weapon.html

He is hoping everyone taking this stance is also reviewing the rules on the safe way to discharge a firearm.

Another reporter trying to use firearms lingo.   :facepalm:

So why would anyone be clearing a weapon in this situation? Does Ohio law require long guns to be transported with empty chambers?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2015, 05:36:54 PM »

Another reporter trying to use firearms lingo.   :facepalm:

So why would anyone be clearing a weapon in this situation? Does Ohio law require long guns to be transported with empty chambers?

Some dude wanted to play with it and he was trying to clear it before handing it over. http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=49024.0
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2015, 06:48:12 PM »
If we're not supposed to fire into the clearing barrel, then why are they designed to take a round?

???

=D

We had two soldiers kill the clearing barrel when I was in Germany.  The first one was an E-2 (and not my solider).  I thought the company commander was going to lose her mind when I suggested that he get maxed out on his Article 15, pulled from any DLO duty and given to the 1SG for a month to be his CQ runner (one day on, one day for 30 days).  I didn't think it was that big of a deal.  I mean he killed the clearing barrel, that's what it is for.   You wouldn't even have to say a word.  It would get around, and then everyone would see that poor bastard being the 1SG's bitch for a month and then be reminded to be extra careful as they passed by Sad Sack and his unending hell of CQ.

Apparently the V Corps and USAREUR Provost Marshals wanted this kid's head on a pike.

Couple years later one of the Platoon Sergeants, again not mine, killed the clearing barrel not once, not twice but three times.  We were short junior NCO's so we had to put E-7's on as patrol supervisors.    He was so surprised it went off, he had to do it two more times just to be sure.

That's when USAREUR pulled the magazines from the guns.   :facepalm: :facepalm:  Plus if you were duty officer you had to go over to the arms room and and watch them issue weapons, then go back and watch turn in.  So three shifts, that's six trips over to the arms room and stand by the clearing barrel do the job of a CPL/SGT/SSG.   :mad: :mad: :mad:  All because the TPTB had a zero defects mentality.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2015, 08:16:44 PM »
Were your clearing barrels at least full of fluffy sand?

Prison guard wounded himself, another guard, and the inmate they were transporting when he ND'd into a barrel that had been standing outside, unattended, for years if not decades.*

Within the hour there was a prisoner work detail with picks and pry bars trying to break up the sand that had taken on all the characteristics of concrete.  And only because a near-retirement maintenance guy (not correctional officer, not firearms certified) saw what happened and took it on himself to fix the problem.

stay safe.

* - How do you ND a S&W Model 10 with the cylinder swung out?  'Cause tje guy who did it swore the cylinder was out.  :facepalm:
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2015, 08:28:48 PM »

That did not take long.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2015, 09:57:39 PM »
Were your clearing barrels at least full of fluffy sand?

Top half of a fifty-five gallon half barrel angled into the ground at a 45° angle.  6"x6" hole cut into the top where you would put the muzzle in.  About 6-8" inches started a whole lot of nice fluffy German dirt.

=D =D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2015, 01:07:24 PM »
We had two soldiers kill the clearing barrel when I was in Germany.  The first one was an E-2 (and not my solider).  I thought the company commander was going to lose her mind when I suggested that he get maxed out on his Article 15, pulled from any DLO duty and given to the 1SG for a month to be his CQ runner (one day on, one day for 30 days).  I didn't think it was that big of a deal.  I mean he killed the clearing barrel, that's what it is for.   You wouldn't even have to say a word.  It would get around, and then everyone would see that poor bastard being the 1SG's bitch for a month and then be reminded to be extra careful as they passed by Sad Sack and his unending hell of CQ.

Apparently the V Corps and USAREUR Provost Marshals wanted this kid's head on a pike.

Couple years later one of the Platoon Sergeants, again not mine, killed the clearing barrel not once, not twice but three times.  We were short junior NCO's so we had to put E-7's on as patrol supervisors.    He was so surprised it went off, he had to do it two more times just to be sure.

That's when USAREUR pulled the magazines from the guns.   :facepalm: :facepalm:  Plus if you were duty officer you had to go over to the arms room and and watch them issue weapons, then go back and watch turn in.  So three shifts, that's six trips over to the arms room and stand by the clearing barrel do the job of a CPL/SGT/SSG.   :mad: :mad: :mad:  All because the TPTB had a zero defects mentality.

When the wife and I moved into housing in Yuma, I had to wait a few days to check my guns in.  You could keep them in your base housing but they had to be registered on base, transported unloaded and locked.   ;/
The reason for the delay?  Some Lance Coolie was checking a new Gunny into base housing and went to clear one of the Gunny's sidearms into the clearing barrel.  It was loaded and he discharged it.  :rofl:  Apparently PMO had to have a 3 day safety stand-down because of the stupidity. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2015, 01:57:09 PM »
* - How do you ND a S&W Model 10 with the cylinder swung out?  'Cause tje guy who did it swore the cylinder was out.

Pretty sure they won't do anything with the cylinder swung out.

As in, the action won't work.

Well, you gotta make sure all the rounds are really out.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2015, 02:00:22 PM »
What's a cleaning barrel for, anyway - if not to shoot into  ???

:P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2015, 02:01:51 PM »
* - How do you ND a S&W Model 10 with the cylinder swung out?  'Cause tje guy who did it swore the cylinder was out.  :facepalm:

That reminds me of the story of a forest service ranger who, after he retired, they had to pound the cartridges out of his revolver.  The same cartridges and revolver he had been issued when he entered the service.

Apparently PMO had to have a 3 day safety stand-down because of the stupidity.  

Let's see, a demerit to the gunny for transporting loaded firearms, demerit to the lance for attempting to clear a firearm he wasn't trained/certified/familiar with, and a demerit to whoever told the lance to clear it.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2015, 02:08:53 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2015, 02:22:02 PM »
Army tells recruiters to treat armed civilians as a security threat:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/07/22/army-to-recruiters-treat-armed-citizens-as-security-threat.html

"The friend of my friend is my enemy.." Wait, I'm confused...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2015, 07:25:13 AM »
http://staghounds.blogspot.com/2015/08/in-navy-2005.html

As that starts to grow legs there is bound to be more than a few chapped butts going around with hurt feelings.

Can't tell - is that macro-aggression or mega-aggression?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.