Author Topic: Limbaugh: "The Baron of Bombast's"?  (Read 20523 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Limbaugh: "The Baron of Bombast's"?
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2009, 07:17:00 PM »

Why create martyrs when disinformation and the willingness of the sheeple to believe Big Lies works ever so much better as a mode of control. Rather than getting possibly uncontrolable revolution you get sheeple actually working 24X7 to forge & fasten their own chains thinking it will make them 'safer'.

Then why not forego the expense and secrecy required and just have the MSM convince everyone that a disaster happened that killed 3000+ people?.....

...I mean, after the Moon Landing production, that would be a piece of cake....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2009, 07:53:37 PM »
I mean, after the Moon Landing production, that would be a piece of cake

That was a darned good movie.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

grampster

• friend
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2009, 09:49:31 PM »
I like my pancakes made with cinnamon and raisins.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »
I've imagined Williams' kitchen has a dented skillet hanging on the wall complete with bits of hair.  In any case his gift giving advice is without parallel.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2009, 10:16:32 PM »
Why are we talking about truther issues?  This thread is about a talk show host.  Unless someone is alleging that Limbaugh was in on the 9/11 attacks, why even bring it up?   

He was my favorite, until Mark Steyn came along.  But of course no one can match Williams for marital advice.   :lol:

Quote from: nraforlife
Why create martyrs when disinformation and the willingness of the sheeple to believe Big Lies works ever so much better as a mode of control. Rather than getting possibly uncontrolable revolution you get sheeple actually working 24X7 to forge & fasten their own chains thinking it will make them 'safer'.

BTW never said that Bush was directly guilty. Who ever did plan & execute (/11 likely started during the Clinton admin.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2009, 12:39:09 AM »
 :rolleyes:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

nraforlife

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2009, 09:08:40 AM »
Then why not forego the expense and secrecy required and just have the MSM convince everyone that a disaster happened that killed 3000+ people?.....

That is also done when appropriate- AIDS, ManMade Global Warming, 1980's Kidnapping Crisis, current H1N1 scare........................

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2009, 09:48:46 AM »
What happened on 9/11 obviously took additional explosives.

I mean, when ever in the history of humanity did mere fire melt steel?  I mean, come on, we're talking about steel here people!
I promise not to duck.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2009, 11:17:26 AM »
What happened on 9/11 obviously took additional explosives.

I mean, when ever in the history of humanity did mere fire melt steel?  I mean, come on, we're talking about steel here people!

If we could find a way to melt steel, we wouldn't have to go through the costly process of finding quarries with the appropriate steel part. No more slaving in the girder quarries!

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2009, 11:22:21 AM »
current H1N1 scare........................

Of course that's not real. I'm just imagining all of my symptoms and staying home from work because the media brainwashed me.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2009, 11:50:46 AM »
Of course that's not real. I'm just imagining all of my symptoms and staying home from work because the media brainwashed me.

Behold, the power of TV news!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
If we could find a way to melt steel, we wouldn't have to go through the costly process of finding quarries with the appropriate steel part. No more slaving in the girder quarries!

And the statistical probability of open-pit mines that Rosie O could fall into at least goes up substantially...
I promise not to duck.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2009, 09:55:40 PM »
Meh.  The flaw in the conspiracy theory isn't whether or not the steel melted; it's the fact that the steel didn't NEED to be melted.  Steel loses a great deal of strength after it's been heated pasted 800 or so degrees, and becomes extremely pliable far before the point of it actually melting; otherwise, blacksmith's wouldn't have been able to work metal, and we'd have had to cast everything.

Therefor, the fires in the building, fed by aviation fuel and office furniture, carpeting, etc, didn't NEED to get hot enough to melt the steel in order to cause a loss of structural integrity; it just needed to get hot enough to cause the steel to lose its strength, which is quite a bit easier to do.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:59:26 PM by Regolith »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2009, 11:31:22 PM »
Never mind.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:41:12 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2009, 12:31:25 AM »
Would everybody be satisfied if I just admitted that I, fistful, am Baron of Bombast? 

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2009, 05:40:21 AM »
That would be akin to Rosie O admitting to being fat...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

nraforlife

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2009, 10:45:16 AM »
Therefor, the fires in the building, fed by aviation fuel and office furniture, carpeting, etc, didn't NEED to get hot enough to melt the steel in order to cause a loss of structural integrity; it just needed to get hot enough to cause the steel to lose its strength, which is quite a bit easier to do.

Soooooooo, steel skyscrapers collapse into their footprints, at near freefall speeds after a bit of fire all the time , right?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2009, 11:08:59 AM »

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2009, 12:38:52 PM »
>Soooooooo, steel skyscrapers collapse into their footprints, at near freefall speeds after a bit of fire all the time , right?<

Pretty much every time incredibly hot fires are started in their upper 1/3, yeah.

How many times have we HAD those circumstances, again?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2009, 01:43:00 PM »
The WTC towers are interesting in that much of their support structure was located around the perimeter of the buildings.  Any collapse or failure of this sort of structure would likely cause the building to collapse down through its interior.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2009, 10:20:40 PM »
The WTC towers are interesting in that much of their support structure was located around the perimeter of the buildings.  Any collapse or failure of this sort of structure would likely cause the building to collapse down through its interior.

This was by design.  You really, really don't want a skyscraper to fall over as a default if the structure fails, particularly in a crowded urban area.

Soooooooo, steel skyscrapers collapse into their footprints, at near freefall speeds after a bit of fire all the time , right?

Not normally, no.  The steel support structures in most skyscrapers are covered with a fire-retardant insulation to prevent them from reaching those temperatures.  Unfortunately, when the 747's hit the WTC buildings, a great deal of this insulation was knocked off; it wasn't designed to deal with the shock of having an airplane rammed into the building.  With no insulation covering the support beams, the fire was able to heat them to the point of failure.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:03:59 PM by Regolith »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2009, 11:16:40 PM »
That insulation is designed to deal with normal fires, not tons of jet fuel.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2009, 11:43:47 PM »
Alright, guys, quit repeating all that stuff you heard from Limbaugh.   :laugh:

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2009, 11:55:45 PM »
Hey man I'm just a Republican doing what I'm told.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

nraforlife

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2009, 08:15:45 AM »
incredibly hot fires .................

no only kinda average for a highrise burn and of quite short duration.