Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh today  (Read 19093 times)

Lee

• friend
Rush Limbaugh today
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:01:57 PM »
I rarely listen to him any more- in fact, had not listened to him in a few years.  I turned the radio to the local talk radio channel over lunch today because I figured they would be talking about the death of Bin Laden.  Well....Limbaugh was.  Except he couldn't get any names straight.  He talked about Obama taking all the credit for killing Saddam for the first couple of minutes, then he talked about the SEALS killing the woman that Obama was hiding behind...intentional perhaps...but someone on the crew corrected him on that one.  Is he crazy - or just blatantly disrespectful of everything?  I know he makes his money by being controversial, and blasting liberals, but you'd think he could be a little more respectful for one day.  Is the fat in his head crowding what's left of his brain out, is it drugs again, or something else? 

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Rush Limbaugh today
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:19:34 PM »
I didn't hear the show today, but to the best of my knowledge he still has all of his faculties. I'd bet that it's another of his inside jokes, much like his "for those in Rio Linda" or "shedule" (Brit pronunciation of "schedule").

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:31:28 PM »
Limbaugh is not the only one who has said "Obama" when he meant to say "Osama." 
Unfortunatly there is a certain  ... "similarity" ... between the two names. 
As for the Saddam quip I didn't listen to the complete show so I missed it.   Limbaugh is hardly crazy or anything, but he is a entertainer and for some his "shtick" is easily misunderstood or bothersome.
Plus, liberal pundits take great joy in taking his statements out of context and twisting them to mean something Rush never intended to say.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 08:35:06 PM »
Geraldo on Fox last night, while he was peeing his pants over the glory of being "The Guy" to accidentally be at work when the news broke, said "Obama is dead" and then never missed a beat as he went on from there.  Swmbo and I both noticed it, and we broke out into laughter.  Anyone else hear it?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:54:30 PM »
Lee,

He makes fewer mistakes than you would, if you talked on air for three hours a day. And like EVERYBODY ELSE, he says "Saddam" or "Obama," when he means to say "Osama." Or "Osama" when he means to say "Saddam." That's right, everybody does it.

Nice try at preaching respect, while making fat jokes and such.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 09:14:11 PM »
Geraldo on Fox last night, while he was peeing his pants over the glory of being "The Guy" to accidentally be at work when the news broke, said "Obama is dead" and then never missed a beat as he went on from there.  Swmbo and I both noticed it, and we broke out into laughter.  Anyone else hear it?

Yep, and found it amusing, too.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 11:53:29 PM »
Rush was in his best tongue-in-cheek mode this morning.  He also zeroed in on something we've all become aware of--that without the pronoun "I" Obama becomes inarticulate.  Obama's obsession with self-congratulation, often ill-deserved, is becoming obvious to everyone except the most zealous of the faithful.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 04:22:52 PM »
Rush admitted that he made several freudian petticoats when confusing the names Osama and Obama.  He also said he was going to use last names, and then went right back to interposing one first name for the other several more times.

I thought it was much more interesting to hear him threaten to call The Donald if the picture(s) of bin Ladin with a bullet hole in his head was not released by some time around 2:30 - 2:45 this afternoon.  He then went on to deal with some politician's calling the Seels "attackers" instead of 'soldiers' or 'special forces' or even seels.  And then he riffed on another (I think) politician who a year or two ago referred to Seal Team Six as "Cheney's Assasins" but yesterday was wetting himself as he called them "heroes".

And now I'm hearing that the pictue(s) of the raid will not be released because the raid is/was so highly classified.  What?  The?  F-word?  Everybody knows about it, and they are either wetting themselves over hailing The Won as the most fearsomest and courageousest President ever or over his claiming to be the toughester President for being in The Big Chair when Usama was killed by using all the tactics and techniques Bush the Twoth was accused of being evil for using.

The best part of what I heard Rush say was about Obama being the smallest person in the Situation Room, and that had to go get him a warmup jacket to cover his golf shirt so as to not appear too casual while overseeing (can I use that word when speaking about a person of African descent?) the operation.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend

Lee

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 06:42:35 PM »
The Osama / Obama thing is perfectly understandable....it's the two minutes of talking about Saddam that threw me off.  It wasn't a slip of the tongue - he talked at length and said it multiple times.  I actually thought he was talking about GW until he mentioned Obama (pronouncing it correctly).  It was when he came back from commercial that he misspoke about Obama hiding behind a woman.  

Nice try at preaching respect, while making fat jokes and such.

True... I apologize to any overweight persons ...particularly those who don't usually talk for hours about nothing and get paid millions. And...then we're talking about a bombastic DJ vs. the President of the United States - and an accomplishment of a 10 year objective that has cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars.    

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 07:11:45 PM »
Obama bin Laden kind of rolls off the tongue in a better way.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
Well, keep listening.  Today Rush excoriated Obama and his henchmen for cloaking themselves in glorious patriotism while conveniently ignoring the fact that for years they fought tooth and nail to de-fang our ability to defend ourselves against global barbarism.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 07:21:48 PM »
...talk for hours about nothing and get paid millions.

It always disappoints me to find class envy on APS.

You're always free to try to get a DJ job at a radio station and see if you can pull in an audience of millions every day.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »

I thought it was much more interesting to hear him threaten to call The Donald if the picture(s) of bin Ladin with a bullet hole in his head was not released by some time around 2:30 - 2:45 this afternoon.  He then went on to deal with some politician's calling the Seels "attackers" instead of 'soldiers' or 'special forces' or even seels.  .......
:facepalm:

SEALs   Sea/Air/&/Land  A specops run by the United States Navy, commissioned first in 1962 by then President John F. Kennedy, deriving it's earliest members from the Navy's Underwater Demolition Teams, known somewhat euphemistically as "frogmen,"  who achieved fame in WW2 and Korea.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
The Osama / Obama thing is perfectly understandable....it's the two minutes of talking about Saddam that threw me off.  It wasn't a slip of the tongue - he talked at length and said it multiple times.  I actually thought he was talking about GW until he mentioned Obama (pronouncing it correctly).  It was when he came back from commercial that he misspoke about Obama hiding behind a woman.  

Saddam/Osama is also a common blunder.

True... I apologize to any overweight persons ...particularly those who don't usually talk for hours about nothing and get paid millions. And...then we're talking about a bombastic DJ vs. the President of the United States - and an accomplishment of a 10 year objective that has cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars.  

???  Nothing? He talks about politics, and related topics, such as the military raid that killed Osama bin Laden. What do you mean he talks about nothing? Bombastically criticizing presidents (from Bush to Clinton to Bush to Obama) is exactly what he gets paid for. You'd prefer that our political commentators wear kid gloves and make minimum wage?

What I remember from that day's program was his congratulating Obama for keeping Bush's GWOT policies in place, and not shutting down the Osama-hunt that had been going on since Bush's presidency. Naturally, Rush was making a political point, but he was also telling the truth about Obama's role in the affair.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 07:46:33 PM »
:facepalm:

SEALs   Sea/Air/&/Land  A specops run by the United States Navy, commissioned first in 1962 by then President John F. Kennedy, deriving it's earliest members from the Navy's Underwater Demolition Teams, known somewhat euphemistically as "frogmen,"  who achieved fame in WW2 and Korea.

:lol:

"Seels" is just APS talk. We do it to make fun of Seel wannabes who don't even know how to spell the name. Kinda like when we talk about the Joooos controlling the banks.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 08:31:39 PM »
you mean 1331 5331z0rz ?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Lee

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 08:59:26 PM »
I'm hardly envious of Rush...in any way....not any more than I am of Barbara Streisand or any other celebrity with an opinion and a microphone.  I figure I can bash the stupidity of either one...and will get called names by one side of the other anyway...I don't care.  I'm hardly considered to be "liberal" in most circles.  As everyone (including me) said in the past, "respect the office if not the man".  
The killing of Bin Laden was significant, and if the mission had been a total failure, Rush and the ditto heads would of blamed Obama alone for blowing it.  Give the man some Kudos for at least one job well done.  

Rush is just describing the truth?  rush wouldn't know the truth if it hit him like a Percocet.  I know he likes to play sounds bites over and over and over...maybe he'll revisit this one.
Oh that's right... there is no serious reflection, Q&A or debate on his show.

"OBAMA: As president, I would make the hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. military aid to Pakistan conditional, and I would make our conditions clear: Pakistan must make substantial progress in closing down the training camps, evicting foreign fighters, and preventing the Taliban from using Pakistan as a staging area for attacks in Afghanistan.

I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges. But let me make this clear. There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an Al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will.

And Pakistan needs more than F-16s to combat extremism. As the Pakistani government increases investment in secular education to counter radical madrasas, my administration will increase America's commitment. We must help Pakistan invest in the provinces along the Afghan border, so that the extremists' program of hate is met with one of hope. And we must not turn a blind eye to elections that are neither free nor fair -- our goal is not simply an ally in Pakistan, it is a democratic ally.

During an August 6 campaign stop in Iowa, when an audience member asked Obama about his comments, Obama responded, "The misreporting that was done needs to be cleared up. I never called for an invasion of Pakistan."

From the September 20 broadcast of Premiere Radio Networks' The Rush Limbaugh Show:

LIMBAUGH: Well, we've got another tape from -- I get these guys confused -- Usama bin Laden. Another tape says he's going to invade Pakistan and declare war on Pakistan and Musharraf, which, ladies and gentlemen, puts him on the same page with a Democrat presidential candidate -- that would be Barack "Uss-Obama." And let's go back to August 1st: "U-Bama" gave a speech on counterterrorism, and here's a portion of what he said.

OBAMA [audio clip]: If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf will not act, we will.

LIMBAUGH: All right, so, we're going to attack Pakistan. Poor Musharraf's going to get it on both ends if Barack's elected."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 09:41:39 PM »
Oh that's right... there is no serious reflection, Q&A or debate on his show.

And? Debate is not his format. So what? You might as well attack Obama for not entertaining questions during the State of the Union. If you want to bash Limbaugh's "stupidity," try being a bit more intelligent with your own ranting. There's no serious reflection or Q&A in anything you've said here. Which isn't really an attack on you. I'm pointing out that political talk is rarely "serious reflection" or even Q&A. And that's not a bad thing. Serious reflection and questions have their place, but so do political rants and, ya know, chit-chat. Limbaugh is the first to acknowledge that he is in the business to make money and keep audiences listening, while at the same time giving his political opinions and whupping up on things/people/ideas with which he disagrees.

And...then we're talking about a bombastic DJ vs. the President of the United States - and an accomplishment of a 10 year objective that has cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars.    

We're talking about one guy on the internet vs. a bombastic DJ that fights the political battle for you every day.  ;/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:19:52 PM by The artist formerly known as fistful »

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 11:07:52 PM »
I'm hardly envious of Rush...in any way....not any more than I am of Barbara Streisand or any other celebrity with an opinion and a microphone.  I figure I can bash the stupidity of either one...and will get called names by one side of the other anyway...I don't care.  I'm hardly considered to be "liberal" in most circles.  As everyone (including me) said in the past, "respect the office if not the man". 
The killing of Bin Laden was significant, and if the mission had been a total failure, Rush and the ditto heads would of blamed Obama alone for blowing it.  Give the man some Kudos for at least one job well done.

It certainly sounded like typical liberal-speak when you said "talk for hours about nothing and get paid millions". I'm fairly certain that non-liberals don't accuse people of getting rich by doing nothing.

Obama deserves a lot of credit on this one. No doubt about it. I'd like to see him continue down this path.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 09:03:39 AM »
I'm the last person to defend Rush. Not a fan.
But he has a successful radio program he's turned into a cash cow. Obviously he's getting paid to do something he loves.  How on earth can you fault him that?

This thread is going nowhere fast. Out of the sticks of it gets the dead horse lock.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 09:21:12 AM »
Obama deserves credit for continuing the search for bin Laden and pulling the trigger on the operation when it came up.  That is about as far as it goes for him.  The bulk of the congrats for the work and execution goes back to our soldiers and intelligence people. 

I like Rush in moderation.  He is entertaining.  3 hours a day is too much for me.  That kind of time gets old fast.  However, he has been criticized by people ever since he started this whole thing.  I recall listening too him in the early 90's and hearing him put forth an unapologetic conservative view that I hadn't really heard before.  Whatever you think of him now, he opened up political debate in this country to a lot of people who had tuned out.  Now days you have lots of different choices in political talk and discussion, not just a bunch of neutered PC stuff.

The other thing I would say is that to me it seems that half the people who don't like Rush just don't get his sense of humor.  No big deal.  There are lots of other people out there.  Just remember that he wouldn't have his show or be in the news if he didn't have LOT of listeners.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 01:24:36 PM »
You're always free to try to get a DJ job at a radio station

can i get mine the same way rush got his first job??  get my daddy to buy a radio station?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

grampster

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 01:32:24 PM »
Just about everybody has an in with somebody or something because of family, friends, job etc.  Smart folks take advantage of opportunity.  Whiners and losers just sit back and piss and moan about other people's successes.  I disregard folks like that.  No point in being around 'em.  I do wish we'd quit electing them, though.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 05:10:40 PM »
Do you really think he would be on the air for the last 20 years if his ratings were great?  He didn't get ratings because his Dad bought all the advertisers.  

By the way, which radio station are you talking about? 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:16:47 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge