Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh today  (Read 19089 times)

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: Rush Limbaugh today
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2011, 10:02:01 AM »
whatever.....
Polynodal cysts are obviously quite painful and persistant.

This whole discussion is analogous to the following:

When the the world's men finanally figured out that Liberace/Elton John-Bernie Taupin/Cole Porter were gay.  All those lovesongs the young men put on the makeout tapes and played when they were pitching woo were really written by a guy for another guy.

Huh? Yuk.  Ewwww.   
Puke smiley.
Yankees gonna buy another pennant this year?

These facts don't make the love or the song any less poignant.
They just make us accept or deny the irrational fears we cling to for self-validation.

7-11 was a part time job.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2011, 11:30:59 AM »
So, CSD, your little attack on Rush's character amounts to some grousing about how a man helped his teenaged son get a job, rumors that his draft defferment may not have been legitimate (based on the suspicious circumstance that father and son shared a medical condition that is known to run in families*), and the fact that the over-reaching prosecutor couldn't quite manage to prove his case, despite his violating the 4th amendment.

* Apparently it's not considered hereditary, but it has appeared in families often enough that many people think it is.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »
The irony is that in Addict Nation Rush Limbaugh is a voice for personal empowerment and liberty.  CSD, you should be worrying about how much of America has become weak and addle-brained, not about the clarity that Rush brings every day.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2011, 11:48:48 AM »
The irony is that in Addict Nation Rush Limbaugh is a voice for personal empowerment and liberty.  CSD, you should be worrying about how much of America has become weak and addle-brained, not about the clarity that Rush brings every day.

It's more fun to eat your own.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2011, 12:05:20 PM »
And if this sort of thing happened to you, you would agree to quite a bit to make it go away also.

yes i would if i got caught like that i would count it a great plea agreement. i would recommend his lawyer to anyone.   one common element in pleas i've seen?  guilt
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »
Wiki also mentions that his draft number was high enough that he never came up for the draft anyway. 

Do you run attack sites in your spare time?  You seem to enjoy attacking public figures.

have you heard rush's explanations, and hes had a couple, of the draft thing? not his finest moment and they are out there to be heard.  kinda funny he dismisses one report as just "internet nonsense".
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2011, 12:25:53 PM »
have you heard rush's explanations, and hes had a couple, of the draft thing? not his finest moment and they are out there to be heard.  kinda funny he dismisses one report as just "internet nonsense".
And did you see what I mentioned that shows on Wiki?  That his draft number wouldn't have come up anyway? 

I would term your continuing to harp on the issue as "internet nonsense". 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2011, 12:32:14 PM »

yes i would if i got caught like that i would count it a great plea agreement. i would recommend his lawyer to anyone.   one common element in pleas i've seen?  guilt
So you say.  Guilty until proven innocent in your book I guess.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

• friends
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »
So you say.  Guilty until proven innocent in your book I guess.

if you can find an example of an innocent guy agreeing to pay 30 k, subject himself to supervision, etc outa the goodness of his heart let me know.
heck he can't hide behind the "i can't afford a lawyer!" claim.

rush didn't take any chance with that draft board doc.  he  bought the best opinion his daddies money could buy.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2011, 02:02:56 PM »

rush didn't take any chance with that draft board doc.  he  bought the best opinion his daddies money could buy.

Show us the evidence.

Are we seriously arguing over whether Rush was doctor shopping? Of course he was. That's old news.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
So, CSD, your little attack on Rush's character amounts to some grousing about how a man helped his teenaged son get a job, rumors that his draft defferment may not have been legitimate (based on the suspicious circumstance that father and son shared a medical condition that is known to run in families*), and the fact that the over-reaching prosecutor couldn't quite manage to prove his case, despite his violating the 4th amendment.

* Apparently it's not considered hereditary, but it has appeared in families often enough that many people think it is.

I think you just about summed it up.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2011, 02:34:34 PM »
if you can find an example of an innocent guy agreeing to pay 30 k, subject himself to supervision, etc outa the goodness of his heart let me know.

Well if you have millions... also 30k isn't that much especially when compared to high end attorney fees.  

Knowing near nothing on the situation, I'm content to dismiss it as a 'get it settled' agreement.  

I've now represented at least one fellow who is factual innocent of his charges but for various reasons will likely take a plea deal.  The power of the state is mighty and especially enjoys crushing those who would dare rail against it's injustices. My current favorite example being the Adoption and Safe Families Act of 2007 where the gov gave bounties to the state for children 'rescued,' resulting in a flood of families being broken just to improve bounty numbers.  A few folks in gov railed against it and there is a fairly famous case of one mother that fought, which prompted CPS to remove the children from all her relatives and when she persisted, the children of her own lawyer.  

Leviathan!
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

• friends
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2011, 05:11:36 PM »
here is a fairly famous case of one mother that fought, which prompted CPS to remove the children from all her relatives and when she persisted, the children of her own lawyer. 

reference?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2011, 05:32:53 PM »
here is a fairly famous case of one mother that fought, which prompted CPS to remove the children from all her relatives and when she persisted, the children of her own lawyer. 

reference?

Can we get a source for these allegations you're making about Limbaugh's draft issues? That is, a worthwhile source, not some idiotic screed on some no-account web site.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2011, 05:54:26 PM »
If I was a mod, I'd close this one as it beginning to look like a Firestone tire with 100,000 miles on it....No tread whatsoever.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

• friends
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2011, 06:05:53 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/military/limbaugh.asp

his 4-F form listing a 'pilonidal cyst' was printed in books for all to see [i.e., "The Rush Limbaugh Story" by Paul D. Colford, St. Martin's Press, 1993, in Chapter 2: Beating the Draft].

he was a true patriot  sought to spare the gov the expense of a medical exam and had his own doc do it for them.  paid for with daddys money and everything

• friends
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 06:36:38 PM »

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2011, 06:58:47 PM »
If I was a mod, I'd close this one as it beginning to look like a Firestone tire with 100,000 miles on it....No tread whatsoever.

I don't know if boredom is a legitimate reason for a moderator to close a thread.

There's been no name-calling or anything like that.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2011, 07:53:30 PM »

heck he can't hide behind the "i can't afford a lawyer!" claim.

If you want to make your vindictive nature really count you might wanna go after someone who did a lot more harm than Rush and "got away with it,"  like O.J. Simpson, for example.  He commited a murder. 
Oh wait, he was found "not guilty."
Are you insinuating his personal doctor lied about his cyst.  BTW it's called a "diagnosis" when issued by a qualified doctor, not an "opinion."  Why don't you put Move on dot org on the doctor, I mean, if they could find out something on Limbaugh, they'd LOVE it.  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2011, 11:55:08 PM »
So CSD, you have nothing on the draft issue, either.

Looks like Limbaugh really brings out the gullible in you, brother. At the link below, you will find the transcript of the phony "phony soldiers" kerfuffle, including the deleted portion that Media Matters hoped would be some kind of Watergate gap goodness. But no. He was talking about phony soldiers - non-veterans who made things up. Period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phony_soldiers_controversy

Seriously, man, you just keep embarrassing yourself. You should stop.  =|

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2011, 08:09:55 PM »
reference?

I thought that h was pretty important to the post... there is a case, not here is a case.... While many view gov as the source of all good, many don't and there are plenty of examples to support their near dystopian belief.  Dresden, Tuskegee Airmen, Native American Genocide, and medical experiments on orphans [actually I think that one was Canada]

For that offhand referenced case in point tho, few minutes of minutes of googling...

Here is a news report with direct interviews with the whistle blowing CPS employees
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S36rozABiZk
more of the same, same, but with court testimony
http://www.wlky.com/r/14596226/detail.html
And here is a paper from a senator with an appendix of direct cases
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:UXw4m3gQi14J:www.acfc.org/site/DocServer/TheCorruptBusinessOfChildProtectiveServices.pdf?docID%3D1961+The+Corrupt+Business+of+Child+Protective+Services&hl=pl&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESg2SzTUnDmvX5xD4H6ADTzw8e59XvDKnazib62o6hIu4MBT_s7HH1av61G54IuFdn26JvlDfbB82mrr6wm20l56ay_xrchfAzmN3etGW_-PnCYAzC-OJSWCol_P-YDry2iMW2NX&sig=AHIEtbTM6i0kf9f-M_MjTGZhx08AF_AZaQ

Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

• friends
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2011, 09:20:23 PM »
horrific case. i had missed the part about her lawyers kid when it first came out.
here we have a pwt family with minimal resources win in court in kentucky. and fairly quickly as court cases go.  it only reinforces the notion the rush with unlimited legal resources got a most generous agreement vis a vis his 30 k pills

Lee

• friend
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2011, 10:18:35 PM »
Wow...lot's going on with this one.  I've been gone on business for a few days...and to Boston of all places. Had lot's of biahs in the bahs. Lot's of great seafood also.  I had never been to Boston, and I had a lot of misconceptions.  Nice place really...being a liberal mecca and all. 

On the subject of Rush again:  I don't begrudge his right to speak his mind, and agree that he is a fairly talented spokesperson, who often makes good points that I agree with. I listened to him off and on for years. That said, I'll admit that I just plain don't like to listen to him ramble anymore, so I don't listen to him. The other day was purely by accident because I was looking for news about Bin Laden's death.  His whole schpeel just hit me wrong.  I won't make the mistake again.

I have to say that I like him even less after running across this bio.  He certainly throws some stones from that glass house of his.
http://www.nndb.com/people/428/000022362/

• friends
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2011, 10:51:46 PM »
heretic!  blasphemy!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »

I have to say that I like him even less after running across this bio.  He certainly throws some stones from that glass house of his.

heretic!  blasphemy!

I guess this thread continues, unless Rush joins APS and then you guys have to stop the personal attacks. ;)