Author Topic: All you anti-Bush folks  (Read 21291 times)

grislyatoms

• friends
All you anti-Bush folks
« on: June 09, 2011, 06:42:35 AM »
Remember what Hussein did to the Kurds? Mid-Late 80's?

He gassed them. I have an image etched in my mind's eye that I will never be rid of, an image from Newsweek. A Kurd woman attempting to shield her child from the gas but they both succumbed.

Now, even the right wing finds fault with G.W.

I, myself, do not. Count me with the lunatic fringe, I guess, on that count.  G.W. made some hard decisions, ones that no president had the balls to make, previous. G.W. ended Saddam Hussein's reign of gassing women and children. If supporting him put's me on the fringe... so be it.

"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: All you anti-Bush folks
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 06:48:10 AM »
He gave us the Patriot Act, the TSA, Homeland Security, and Barack Obama.  His first duty is to the people of the United States.  I don't care what happens to people in Iraq or even Europe.  Just like I don't expect them to care about us.

Chris

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 07:04:06 AM »
I agree with Chris.

Bush also started the first bailout package, among other failures. Bush was registered as a Republican, but I don't think he stayed with Republican values.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 07:12:31 AM »
I agree with Chris.

Bush also started the first bailout package, among other failures. Bush was registered as a Republican, but I don't think he stayed with Republican values.

name one "republican" who has?  (aside from ron paul)
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 07:20:04 AM »
Oh, gorgeous. A single thread resurrects the well-worn arguments about W and Ron Paul, and for no apparent reason.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:21:34 AM »
It does seem quite out of the blue.   ???
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 07:28:33 AM »
And don't forget the Navy surveilance plane that landed in China right before 9/11....he caved in heavily on that one.....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 07:55:57 AM »
Bush needs a song.

The Ballad of a Man Called Bush.  Sung to the tune of The Ballad of a Man called Jayne.

Bush, the man they call Bush...
He robbed from the Americans
And he gave to the Kurds
Stood up to Saddam
And he gave him what for
Our love for him now
Ain't hard to explain
The Hero of Iraq
The man they call Bush...

Looks like Bush found the crappy town where he's a hero.

Chris

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 08:04:49 AM »
name one "republican" who has?  (aside from ron paul)
Not sure I can. But this thread is about Bush, not someone else. Grislyatoms seems upset by the Bush-bashers, but it seems to me that Bush deserves plenty of bashing. He did do plenty of good, but that doesn't mean we can't point out his flaws.

I imagine Obama has done something good, yet we still bash him for all the crap he does.  Bin Laden was killed under Obama's command, so Obama gets at least partial credit for that, but that one act isn't enough to undo all the other garbage he has tried.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 08:08:52 AM »
Huh.

I remember a lot of flag-waving when G.W. said " we will not tolerate this" when he was standing on the rubble of the world trade center. Folks LEAPT out of that building to keep from burning to death. Our countrymen.
G.W. said "Enough" and kicked ass.
When was the last attack on our soil? Credit Barack "bow to foreign heads of state" Obama for that?

He (Saddam Hussein) gassed the Kurds. Have you not seen the photos? Mothers trying to keep gas out of their babie's lungs. He was on a wholesale genocidal rage and the world acted as if all was o.k.  I'll post the pics if I must/can. Yet G.W. is villified as Public Enemy #1.

G.W. and the U.S. military heeled that dog, and in Saddam's case, put him down. He deserved it. Honestly, wanna see the pics?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 08:23:20 AM »

I imagine Obama has done something good....

Prove it.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 08:41:22 AM »
WHY? Those folks sent 3,000 or so of our countrymen to their graves. Over THEOLOGY. I see folks becoming complacent about it and it pisses me off.

A few replies came in before I replied. That's the way of internet communication, I guess. =D

mntnbkr. So my opinion is to be ridiculed with a comparison to a sci-fi show? I would think better of a moderator. Aside, because I try not to let superfluous arguments cloud my judgement. What exactly is your argument?

Sock monkey/fistful: That horse ain't dead yet.  G.W. was the first President with the balls to look Islamic extremism in the face and face off/call out the dogs. It was a ballsy decision and I applaud it 100%. ( Since Reagan, anyway)

Y'all wanna play pansy foreign policy, go ahead. Don't expect my support.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 08:42:26 AM »
WHY? Those folks sent 3,000 or so of our countrymen to their graves. Over THEOLOGY. I see folks becoming complacent about it and it pisses me off.

And America took the war to them, killed the guy who did it, and inflicted devastating damage to the terrorist infrastructure. What's next?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 08:59:20 AM »
And America took the war to them, killed the guy who did it, and inflicted devastating damage to the terrorist infrastructure. What's next?
MB - That the one man who said "ENOUGH" is being thrown, for all intents and purposes, under the bus.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 09:09:09 AM »
Out of sheer curiosity, why did you pick the Kurds as an example?  As opposed to other acts of genocidal violence, such as Bosnia, Rwanda, the Sudan or a host of others that have occurred under a number of Administrations?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 09:17:56 AM »
Out of sheer curiosity, why did you pick the Kurds as an example?  As opposed to other acts of genocidal violence, such as Bosnia, Rwanda, the Sudan or a host of others that have occurred under a number of Administrations?

I am more familiar with the Kurds. Beyond articles, I worked with a Turk who HATED Kurds but when queried, could not produce a valid argument. Anecdotal, sorry. I don't have anything better.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 09:33:02 AM »
"It's good, though..."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 09:40:41 AM »
Huh.

I remember a lot of flag-waving when G.W. said " we will not tolerate this" when he was standing on the rubble of the world trade center. Folks LEAPT out of that building to keep from burning to death. Our countrymen.
G.W. said "Enough" and kicked ass.
When was the last attack on our soil? Credit Barack "bow to foreign heads of state" Obama for that?

He (Saddam Hussein) gassed the Kurds. Have you not seen the photos? Mothers trying to keep gas out of their babie's lungs. He was on a wholesale genocidal rage and the world acted as if all was o.k.  I'll post the pics if I must/can. Yet G.W. is villified as Public Enemy #1.

G.W. and the U.S. military heeled that dog, and in Saddam's case, put him down. He deserved it. Honestly, wanna see the pics?

Attacking Afghanistan was the right call.  Staying and nation building?  Not something I agree with.  We'll never domesticate that cesspool.

However, any links between 9/11 and Hussein were weak at best.  So what we ended up doing was the corrupt and disfunctional UN's bidding.
And "he deserved it" isn't cause to push for war against a soverign nation.  If we were going off that standard, we'd drop our troops at one end of Africa and pick them up in North Korea when they're done pushing East.

Politics. Moving it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »
He gave us the Patriot Act, the TSA, Homeland Security, and Barack Obama.  His first duty is to the people of the United States.  I don't care what happens to people in Iraq or even Europe.  Just like I don't expect them to care about us.

Chris
Point of contention - GW did that all by himself, did he? He created the Patriot Act, the TSA, and Homeland Security all by executive order? No Congressional influence? Don't sell me bridges.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 09:51:08 AM »
Point of contention - GW did that all by himself, did he? He created the Patriot Act, the TSA, and Homeland Security all by executive order? No Congressional influence? Don't sell me bridges.

He didn't oppose them, nor did he refuse to sign the Patriot Act when it hit his desk (FWIW, neither has Obama).
I clearly remember him stumping for DHS.

Y'all wanna play pansy foreign policy, go ahead. Don't expect my support.

It's not pansy foreign policy to not appreciate wasting our soldiers and treasury on a cesspool who doesn't care about us beyond what we can do for them. 

BTW, OBL won this one.  Yeah, he's dead, but look at the damage done to our nation in the meantime.  That was his goal.  He never had a chance at military conquest, he wanted to destroy our way of life and our heart.  I'd say he did a damn fine job.  Or maybe you like the TSA feeling up your daughters...

Chris

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »

Well, in the " I still have a sense of humor" vein, that's pretty funny!  >:D

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 09:54:18 AM »
I am more familiar with the Kurds. Beyond articles, I worked with a Turk who HATED Kurds but when queried, could not produce a valid argument. Anecdotal, sorry. I don't have anything better.

A friend of mine from chemistry school was in the Army Chemical Corps in the 1980's.  Through a variety of means, the US Government came into possession of various soil, bomb fragment and bodily fluid samples that were tested to identify the specific agents used at the Halabja massacre.  My friend was on one of the analysis teams.  They confirmed the presence of mustard gas and various nerve agents.  It is to date the largest chemical attack on a civilian population.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 09:57:38 AM »
A friend of mine from chemistry school was in the Army Chemical Corps in the 1980's.  Through a variety of means, the US Government came into possession of various soil, bomb fragment and bodily fluid samples that were tested to identify the specific agents used at the Halabja massacre.  My friend was on one of the analysis teams.  They confirmed the presence of mustard gas and various nerve agents.  It is to date the largest chemical attack on a civilian population.

It's not like Saddam used WMDs at Halabja though.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
A friend of mine from chemistry school was in the Army Chemical Corps in the 1980's.  Through a variety of means, the US Government came into possession of various soil, bomb fragment and bodily fluid samples that were tested to identify the specific agents used at the Halabja massacre.  My friend was on one of the analysis teams.  They confirmed the presence of mustard gas and various nerve agents.  It is to date the largest chemical attack on a civilian population.

And I wonder what we'll find if we ever get unfettered access to North Korea...

Point is, there are a lot of bad people running cesspool nations.  That has always been the case.  Frankly, it isn't worth our time, effort, and resources to correct that. 

Chris

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 09:58:29 AM »

Oh, don't think that I've counted out any of those chuckleheads.
But the President is also considered the party leader, especially when that party controls the legislative branches as well.  They had up until 2006, with Bush as the head of the party and government, to pass all sorts of nefarious laws.  And they did.
Bush stumped hard for the Patriot act, TSA, War in Iraq, TARP I, and the Neverending War on Terror.

Answer this question:
Are you more free, or less free, post 9/11?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”