Author Topic: Iraq War over  (Read 23991 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Iraq War over
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2012, 08:24:47 AM »
Honestly, I'm not.  It's going to be much worse next time.  And there will be a next time.

Probably. Historically, we've never been very good at staying out of other people's messes. Sometimes this is good, sometimes this is bad.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2012, 12:46:24 PM »
Honestly, I'm not.  It's going to be much worse next time.  And there will be a next time.
Only because the mouth breathing masses fall for the politics of fear.  Next stop, Iran! After all, they're scary and mooslim and brown!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »
Only because the mouth breathing masses fall for the politics of fear.  Next stop, Iran! After all, they're scary and mooslim and brown!

In fairness, it's not schools will exactly teach history. They will especially not teach useful history.

"A rule of thumb is when it comes to modern Islam is that within the fundamentalist ranks, Sunni will travel to blow things up and Shiites will generally not. However, Sunni controlled governments regularly bribe Department of State employees and appointed officials. Ergo, Sunni countries are typically allies of the US on paper, and *expletive deleted*it countries are enemies. Other point of consideration is this applies to what the locals think as 'their turf' which does not always correspond to lines on a map."
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2012, 03:07:33 PM »
In fairness, it's not schools will exactly teach history. They will especially not teach useful history.

"A rule of thumb is when it comes to modern Islam is that within the fundamentalist ranks, Sunni will travel to blow things up and Shiites will generally not. However, Sunni controlled governments regularly bribe Department of State employees and appointed officials. Ergo, Sunni countries are typically allies of the US on paper, and *expletive deleted*it countries are enemies. Other point of consideration is this applies to what the locals think as 'their turf' which does not always correspond to lines on a map."

Probably explains a lot about Iran too. The way I see it, the Iranian (Revolutionary) government almost has to engage in all the saber-rattling to maintain "A constant state of external crisis" to keep control over a predominantly *expletive deleted*it population that probably isn't all that predisposed to butt heads with the U.S. or Israel. Through proxy-war or otherwise.

In a way, Iran is the proverbial exception that proves the rule...

I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2012, 06:45:51 PM »

We heard that the last few years of Bush's reign. And Iran gave us plenty of excuses to make war. We didn't then; what makes you think we will now?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2012, 10:20:55 PM »
We heard that the last few years of Bush's reign. And Iran gave us plenty of excuses to make war. We didn't then; what makes you think we will now?

Because the Democrats always do the dastardly things they accuse the Republicans of doing.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2012, 11:55:25 PM »
Because the Democrats always do the dastardly things they accuse the Republicans of doing.

OK, good point.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife