Author Topic: American Journalist #2 Beheaded by ISIS  (Read 12678 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: American Journalist #2 Beheaded by ISIS
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2014, 05:52:22 PM »
You are including in this a failed bombing with a blackpowder bomb that killed nobody and injured nobody.

Also, another ISIS commander is dead.

Which one are you saying was failed bombing?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2014, 07:01:16 PM »
The Times Square bombing.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
The Times Square bombing.
Still counts as a terrorist attack.  Simply because of IIRC, bad chemistry and dumb luck that we did not have another earth-shattering kaboom with that one.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:18:38 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2014, 03:59:01 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MicroBalrog

• friend

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2014, 11:48:19 PM »
I'll stick with my contention that ISIS is not a function of some massive new scary threat, merely that of the power vacuum in the Middle East in this area. The Kurds are still holding their own. As is anyone capable of organizing and fighting.

Turkey would kick their ass, Iran would kick their ass. Jordan would kick their ass. Saudi Arabia would kick their ass. Egypt would kick their ass.

Israel would kick their ass, then grind the remaining ass chunks to dust, use the dust to make some sort of solid concrete out of them so they could then blow it up again.

The U.S. would vaporize them (non nuclear) and make the Iraq War I "highway of death" look like a minor skirmish. Except that we'd be hamstrung by some sort of crappy ROE.
I promise not to duck.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 11:34:16 AM »
I'll stick with my contention that ISIS is not a function of some massive new scary threat, merely that of the power vacuum in the Middle East in this area. The Kurds are still holding their own. As is anyone capable of organizing and fighting.

Turkey would kick their ass, Iran would kick their ass. Jordan would kick their ass. Saudi Arabia would kick their ass. Egypt would kick their ass.

Israel would kick their ass, then grind the remaining ass chunks to dust, use the dust to make some sort of solid concrete out of them so they could then blow it up again.

The U.S. would vaporize them (non nuclear) and make the Iraq War I "highway of death" look like a minor skirmish. Except that we'd be hamstrung by some sort of crappy ROE.

Turkey and Iran perhaps, but Jordan and (especially) Saudi Arabia would be less certain, and Egypt would have a considerable (and probably terminal) internal security problem if it came to the point where it was IS vs the Sisi regime. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 11:48:33 AM »

ISIL/ISIS is an invention of our CIA/State Department. They are the ones that let the genie out of the bottle, its too bad that American servicemen are going to be the ones that are going to have to mop up the mess. The whole Benghazi debacle was to cover up the transactions where the American government was arming these radicals.

http://rare.us/story/did-john-mccain-take-selfies-with-isis/

Some are speculating that some of the people in this picture might now be members of the Islamic State of Iraq and The Levant (ISIL or ISIS), the extremist group now taking over major cities in Iraq. - See more at: http://rare.us/story/did-john-mccain-take-selfies-with-isis/#sthash.rLeq62Td.dpuf
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 02:51:42 AM »

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 03:01:46 AM »
Now you gonna spoil it with facts? Kill joy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 07:05:36 AM »

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »
Kurds advance against ISIL in Syria.

Are we for or against the Kurds right now?  It's so hard to keep up  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2014, 02:05:29 PM »
Are we for or against the Kurds right now?  It's so hard to keep up  :lol:

Yep, hard to know which whey to go with the Kurds.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »
Yep, hard to know which whey to go with the Kurds.

No holes in that argument. This place wouldn't be the same without the cheesy puns.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2014, 02:19:25 PM »
No, these are not ISIL/McCain selfies.

I say good anyway. Republicans like McCain do more damage than the Left. 
I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2014, 02:48:54 PM »
No holes in that argument. This place wouldn't be the same without the cheesy puns.

Indeed, a ban on cheesy puns would curdle the atmosphere.  Enough so that some would be feta'd up with it before long.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend

MicroBalrog

• friend

MicroBalrog

• friend

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2014, 05:05:51 AM »
Indeed, a ban on cheesy puns would curdle the atmosphere.  Enough so that some would be feta'd up with it before long.

Meh, it's all gouda.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2014, 11:01:01 AM »
America strikes from the air, ISIL cowards' advance halted.

Quote from:  Inigo_Montoya
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2014, 11:42:30 AM »
People who claim to be willing to die for their god, and yet often surrender, run away, etc. when faced with the remotest resistance, are cowards.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
People who claim to be willing to die for their god, and yet often surrender, run away, etc. when faced with the remotest resistance, are cowards.

There seems to have been evidence of plenty of ISIS folk being sent to the afterlife.  Also, withdrawing to fight and commit atrocity another day is not necessarily cowardice.

FTR, Evil != Cowardice. 
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2014, 12:51:38 PM »
There seems to have been evidence of plenty of ISIS folk being sent to the afterlife.  Also, withdrawing to fight and commit atrocity another day is not necessarily cowardice.

Do you not think it'd have been a bit different if ISIL were, instead, Chechen guerillas from 1999?