Author Topic: Iranians behaving badlly...  (Read 12865 times)

Hutch

• friend
Iranians behaving badlly...
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:21:48 AM »
If this belongs in a different forum, feel free etc.

I realize the analysis is from WND, but the primary site is in Farsi

http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/ayatollah-kill-all-jews-annihilate-israel/

Seems like the Persians, or at least the leadership, is ratcheting up the rhetoric.  How long before Bebe takes them seriously enough to throw  the first punch?  I don't think the state of Israel could withstand a '73 Yom Kipper-style first strike with any WMDs.  Just sayin'.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Iranians behaving badlly...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 08:45:08 AM »
They just are itching to start a revolution of their own people.  Banning Barbie and Simpson dolls is just the start.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:05:30 AM »
Sorry, no outrage here. That's the response you get when you are constantly threatening to bomb another country and destroy their infrastructure.

It is not in vain that Meir Dagan is issuing stern warnings about what "Bibi" wants to do. Why on Earth should Israel expect there to be no reaction to its actions?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:20:05 AM »
Yes, but the Iranian reaction to what "Bibi" is saying is by far eclipsing what people will read about Israel's statements. The Iranians are getting the really bad press for being totally nuts. All in all not a bad PR move on Israel's part.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »
Sorry, no outrage here. That's the response you get when you are constantly threatening to bomb another country and destroy their infrastructure.

It is not in vain that Meir Dagan is issuing stern warnings about what "Bibi" wants to do. Why on Earth should Israel expect there to be no reaction to its actions?

What is it that Bibi wants to do, Oh Wise One?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 05:07:29 PM »
Perhaps to pre-empt the attack that will render you mute in your own land...?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »
What is it that Bibi wants to do, Oh Wise One?

Attack Iran, preemptive strike, destruction of nuclear facilities and military capabilities, etc. Same old, same old.  ;)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/is-israel-preparing-to-attack-iran/2012/02/02/gIQANjfTkQ_story.html

..plans which were called stupid by the former Mossad cheif Meir Dagan, FWIW.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/04/world/middleeast/04mossad.html?_r=1

Just to clarify, when I said I am not outraged, I mean that it is not shocking or surprising that such statements were made. It was more than obvious that such rhetoric would eventually surface amid all the pre-war tension and threat issuing. I do not agree with or endorse it though, just saw it coming a mile away... and Israeli leadership probably did too.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 06:54:59 PM »
I doubt very much Israel will strike at Iran at all, and probably notthis year.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 07:08:53 PM »
And do you equally doubt that Iran will strike Israel pre-emptively when she has the opportunity?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 07:16:41 PM »
And do you equally doubt that Iran will strike Israel pre-emptively when she has the opportunity?

Quite.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 07:22:43 PM »

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 07:39:08 PM »
Yeah, it's like the old proverb about "the boy who cried wolf." :mad:

Oh wait .... the last time the wolf was real. :police:

Iran does have a nuclear program, right?   I mean one designed for building a BOMB, not a reactor.  Because, nebulous "projections" aside, it seems to me that so long as they keep working on one then sooner or later they will eventually figure out how to do it.
And remember, the stuxnet virus has thrown a wrench into their program......
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 07:43:58 PM »
Iranians have never behaved other than "badly" during my living memory . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
Micro, that just shows you that making predictions is difficult.

Especially about the future.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »
Micro, that just shows you that making predictions is difficult.

Especially about the future.

What is specifically shows you is that various 'Middle East security experts' and other such modern-day sooth-sayers are just a modern-day version of the professional soothsayers of old, as reliable - and probably as honest.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 09:45:55 PM »
Yeah, it's like the old proverb about "the boy who cried wolf." :mad:

Oh wait .... the last time the wolf was real. :police:

Iran does have a nuclear program, right?   I mean one designed for building a BOMB, not a reactor.  Because, nebulous "projections" aside, it seems to me that so long as they keep working on one then sooner or later they will eventually figure out how to do it.
And remember, the stuxnet virus has thrown a wrench into their program......

Uh, when did we confirm that Iran has a program for building a bomb? 

They've repeatedly said that atomic bombs are satanic and banned under Islamic law, and inspectors have never found evidence that the program is developing materials that could be used in a bomb. 

I agree that it's likely they would want a bomb, but is there any proof of this? 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 10:28:54 PM »
What is specifically shows you is that various 'Middle East security experts' and other such modern-day sooth-sayers are just a modern-day version of the professional soothsayers of old, as reliable - and probably as honest.

Middle east security "experts" have a vested interest in stoking instability and claiming the skies falling.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 10:58:44 PM »

They've repeatedly said that atomic bombs are satanic and banned under Islamic law, and inspectors have never found evidence that the program is developing materials that could be used in a bomb. 

I agree that it's likely they would want a bomb, but is there any proof of this? 

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/15/opinion/cronin-iran-nuclear-threat/index.html

For the better part of a decade, the world has seen an episodic stream of predictions that Iran was on the cusp of building a nuclear weapon and that an Israeli or American pre-emptive military strike was imminent. Alarming forecasts are again gaining currency because of a new assessment issued by the United Nations nuclear watchdog: The International Atomic Energy Agency reported last week that Iran appears to be trying to develop a nuclear weapon.

The specter of a nuclear weapon in the hands of someone as erratic as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would weigh heavily on decision-makers in Israel, Saudi Arabia and Turkey and throughout the international community.

If and when Iran is seen as becoming the world's 10th known nuclear power, many experts see danger mounting, whether from the "Iranian bomb" or from having to "bomb Iran." The prospect alone has been enough to muscle national security to the forefront of the 2012 U.S. presidential election, a contest that heretofore has focused on economic issues. As Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham recently put it, if Iran gets "a nuclear weapon, the world is going to go into darkness."
Patrick Cronin
Patrick Cronin

Relying on satellite imagery and other information, the IAEA suggests that Iran has advanced nuclear weapons development at its Parchin military complex, about 20 miles southeast of Tehran. Experts estimate that Iran could make enough weapons-grade enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon within six months. Thus, even if Iran's claims of peaceful intent were true, Iran is shortening the timeline needed to achieve a nuclear-weapon breakout. Iran's checkered track record on nuclear transparency encourages worst-case analysis.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 11:30:00 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/us-iran-not-yet-decided-build-nuclear-bomb-140132073.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says Iran is laying the groundwork for making nuclear weapons someday, but is not yet building a bomb and called for continued diplomatic and economic pressure to persuade Tehran not to take that step.
[/quoye]

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 11:32:01 PM »

:facepalm:

They have a military program and a whole slew of centrifuges going ..... I think we know what's going on.....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »
More on the glory of 'experts':

SECRETARY CLINTON: With respect to Egypt, which, as your question implied, like many countries in the region, has been experiencing demonstrations. We know that they’ve occurred not only in Cairo but around the country, and we’re monitoring that very closely. We support the fundamental right of expression and assembly for all people, and we urge that all parties exercise restraint and refrain from violence. But our assessment is that the Egyptian Government is stable and is looking for ways to respond to the legitimate needs and interests of the Egyptian people.

http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2011/01/155280.htm

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 11:39:19 PM »
:facepalm:

They have a military program and a whole slew of centrifuges going ..... I think we know what's going on.....

Yeah, no - the centrifuges that were wrecked by stuxnet were under inspection and were not capable of bombmaking.  They are not a military program, and there's no proof of an alternative program out there.

Hey CSD, have a look at what that report actually says - "They're getting better at nuke science, so someday they might be in a position to build a facility that can be used to develop materials that can be used for a reactor that makes parts for a bomb."  Yeah, that's certain!  And its imminence could not be in doubt!

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 11:51:02 PM »
Yeah, no - the centrifuges that were wrecked by stuxnet were under inspection and were not capable of bombmaking.  They are not a military program, and there's no proof of an alternative program out there.

Hey CSD, have a look at what that report actually says - "They're getting better at nuke science, so someday they might be in a position to build a facility that can be used to develop materials that can be used for a reactor that makes parts for a bomb."  Yeah, that's certain!  And its imminence could not be in doubt!

Have you read some of the other posts in between this last and mine? ;)

I don't think their nuke program is buried in underground bunkers because they're manufacturing tiddly winks games.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 11:57:05 PM »

Have you read some of the other posts in between this last and mine? ;)

I don't think their nuke program is buried in underground bunkers because they're manufacturing tiddly winks games.

So that's the proof? The fact that it's hardened against bombing means it's for a bomb??? 

Gee, I wonder why they'd put anything under ground after having been bombed repeatedly by Israel and the United States....it must be something they're hiding!