Author Topic: Iranians behaving badlly...  (Read 12867 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Iranians behaving badlly...
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 12:12:36 AM »
 :facepalm:    Just   :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 12:37:07 AM »
Gee, I wonder why they'd put anything under ground after having been bombed repeatedly by Israel and the United States....it must be something they're hiding!

Repeated bombings by Israel and the United States?  Show me proof as to when that has happened even once, much less repeatedly.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 12:51:32 AM »

Repeated bombings by Israel and the United States?  Show me proof as to when that has happened even once, much less repeatedly.

Well, let's see:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Praying_Mantis

Then there was diplomatic support to protect Saddam's use of chemical weapons, which were actually used on Iran: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/iraq47.pdf  Not to mention the US's own role in helping Iran's enemy to have that wonderful chemical weapons technology.

On the Israel side, there was this (granted, they were impersonating Americans, but that's still Israel fomenting bombings in Iran):  http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/01/13/false_flag

And of course there's no public proof that the US or Israel engaged in the terrorist attacks against Iranian scientists recently...but that's pretty suspect, don't you think?

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 12:57:02 AM »

In response to the mining of the Persian Gulf which damaged a US warship.  Justified.

Then there was diplomatic support to protect Saddam's use of chemical weapons, which were actually used on Iran: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/iraq47.pdf  Not to mention the US's own role in helping Iran's enemy to have that wonderful chemical weapons technology.

What about Iran/Contra where we sold weapons to Iran?

On the Israel side, there was this (granted, they were impersonating Americans, but that's still Israel fomenting bombings in Iran):  http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/01/13/false_flag

And of course there's no public proof that the US or Israel engaged in the terrorist attacks against Iranian scientists recently...but that's pretty suspect, don't you think?

So you have failed in answering my question.  You have shown one case of where the United States bomb Iran.  Where are the repeated bombing you speak of.  Once again De Selby you are trying to be a troll and you are a miserable failure at it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 01:12:36 AM »
so that would be a no to repeated bombings?  by either the us or israel?  not that repeated bombings isn't a good idea
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 01:14:51 AM »
Wait a second here - I've shown an example of multiple ships being sunk, oil platforms being bombed, chemical weapons tech being supplied to a guy who actually used them against Iran...and then evidence of Israeli agents helping a terrorist group to bomb Iran (which they did, multiple times.)

How on earth does that fail to answer your question?  You asked for proof of the US bombing Iran even once, much less repeatedly.  Undoubtedly you can read about more than one bombing at the links above.

Are you alleging that those are fake, or that multiple bombings can only be counted as one?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 01:22:07 AM »
The multiple bombings you speak of were from one incident.  I give you that but I don't count that as mulitple bombings.

When it comes to the Iran/Iraq War we played both sides to the middle on that.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 01:26:20 AM »
"Multiple ships" = one warship and one small gunboat. Not exactly Midway.

This was after Iran mined the Persian Gulf.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:48:24 AM by Monkeyleg »

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 01:45:09 AM »
Why would any reasonable nation that has been in multiple wars recently, losing almost all  of them too, not fortify everything important?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 01:50:48 AM »
Why would any reasonable nation that has been in multiple wars recently, losing almost all  of them too, not fortify everything important?

Why would such a nation repeatedly threaten another nation such as Israel, one that's been in multiple wars and has won nearly all of them?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 03:22:59 AM »
Why would such a nation repeatedly threaten another nation such as Israel, one that's been in multiple wars and has won nearly all of them?

Their threats seem to boil down to:

"Israel needs to be destroyed"

"If Israel attacks us, we'll kill them all."

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 09:53:05 AM »
Their threats seem to boil down to:

"Israel needs to be destroyed"

"If Israel attacks us, we'll kill them all."

Well, you're closer to the action, obviously, but we'll see. I don't know that I'd dismiss their threats so easily.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2012, 11:50:21 AM »

Quote from: Wikipedia
Operation Praying Mantis was an attack on April 18, 1988, by U.S. naval forces within Iranian territorial waters in retaliation for the Iranian mining of the Persian Gulf during the Iran–Iraq war and the subsequent damage to an American warship.

:police:

Yeah, God forbid we should RETALIATE against an Iranian action that damaged one of our vessels......   Poor wittle Iwan....... :'( :'(

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 12:08:07 PM »
Iran isn't building a reactor for cheap electricity, that's for damn sure.

If you are capable of implementing nuclear technology, you're a fool for not building a nuclear bomb with it. It's the ultimate weapon and the ultimate deterrence. The people that run Iran are psychopaths, but they aren't stupid. They know they can poke and provoke others in today's world of nations run by pansies and get away with it, and so that's what they do. And they know that they can get away with becoming a nuclear power...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 12:14:53 PM »
More on the glory of 'experts':

http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2011/01/155280.htm

The problem is not with experts, it's with LIARS.  "Smart diplomacy" means Machiavellian diplomacy.  What do you think Clinton, Rice, and Power are up to?  What does the "responsibility to protect" imply?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:19:15 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »
Iran isn't building a reactor for cheap electricity, that's for damn sure.

If you are capable of implementing nuclear technology, you're a fool for not building a nuclear bomb with it. It's the ultimate weapon and the ultimate deterrence. The people that run Iran are psychopaths, but they aren't stupid. They know they can poke and provoke others in today's world of nations run by pansies and get away with it, and so that's what they do. And they know that they can get away with becoming a nuclear power...

They need nukes because they have no petroleum resources to burn and produce electricity.  I am sure that it the reason.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
They need nukes because they have no petroleum resources to burn and produce electricity.  I am sure that it the reason.

Makes more sense than you think.

Sell the expensive oil to foreigners. Use nuclear power for yourself. Get nuclear weapons too.

Same thing Russia is doing.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 02:21:02 PM »

Despite the sarcasm that actually isn't very far off. Their crude oil production is high, but their domestic refining capacity is miniscule, they actually have to import gasoline and other distillates to meet the local demands (and were forced to begin rationing with those imports were interrupted).

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2012, 03:04:33 PM »
Despite the sarcasm that actually isn't very far off. Their crude oil production is high, but their domestic refining capacity is miniscule, they actually have to import gasoline and other distillates to meet the local demands (and were forced to begin rationing with those imports were interrupted).
I was about to add that as well.  They don't refine enough there.  I think part of that is the continued sanctions. 

Of course, if I were leading one of those middle eastern oil baron governments, I think I'd be looking at the post-oil situation closely.  What happens when you run out?

That said, other than bombing them or invading them, I am not quite sure how we would prevent them from developing nuclear power/weapons in time.  We might slow them, but I doubt we would stop them if they didn't want to stop.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 05:56:48 PM »
Buy time, and keep buying it until they get the idea. 

They need nukes for electrical power?  Okay.  But why hardened nukes and no inspections?  Just askin'.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »
I was about to add that as well.  They don't refine enough there.  I think part of that is the continued sanctions. 

Of course, if I were leading one of those middle eastern oil baron governments, I think I'd be looking at the post-oil situation closely.  What happens when you run out?

That said, other than bombing them or invading them, I am not quite sure how we would prevent them from developing nuclear power/weapons in time.  We might slow them, but I doubt we would stop them if they didn't want to stop.

They will ride camels again when the oil runs out.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2012, 06:22:47 PM »
They will ride camels again when the oil runs out.

Now that's hard to say - there's no telling how much development they'll achieve once the US stops funding the ideological parents of Al Qaeda solely for the purpose of controlling the oil.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, 07:04:37 PM »
Who exactly are the ideological parents of Al Queda, and how much development were they achieving before we needed their oil?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »
Who exactly are the ideological parents of Al Queda, and how much development were they achieving before we needed their oil?

The Saudis.