Author Topic: Thank you, Governer  (Read 13035 times)

Hutch

• friend
Thank you, Governer
« on: July 26, 2013, 08:18:13 AM »
...for clarifying your position.  Go to hell.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/07/25/christie-goes-after-libertarians-hard/

Who'd 'a' thunk it?  A GOP statist disagrees with Rand.  Amazing how much Christie and Santorum have in common.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Thank you, Governer
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 08:20:01 AM »
This is why the GOP will lose the 2016 election
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:36:25 AM »
Because they have RINOs in deep blue states?

Ok.
 ;/
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 08:46:05 AM »
This is why the GOP will lose the 2016 election

Actually, I'm pretty sure the GOP will lose because the Democrats are going to run another "HISTORIC FIRST!" presidential candidate and identity politics will trump everything else.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »

Ok.
 ;/

Because the media is trying like hell to convince everyone that those RINO's speak for conservatives.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 09:21:27 AM »
...for clarifying your position.  Go to hell.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/07/25/christie-goes-after-libertarians-hard/

Who'd 'a' thunk it?  A GOP statist disagrees with Rand.  Amazing how much Christie and Santorum have in common.

Respectfully to any Republicans here, this is why the GOP is known as the "Stupid Party".

Dems at least have the courtesy of stabbing you in the chest. It's honest.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 10:07:10 AM »

Ok.
 ;/

Because they have RINOs deep in the GOP leadership....

....then again, if they define the Republican platform, can we truly call them RINOs anymore?...

The fix is still in....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
A fat pompous RINO mobster from the heart of graft and corruption dislikes notions of individual freedom rating higher in our national priority than compulsory sneaky surveillance with no accountability?

Color me shocked.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 10:34:41 AM »
A fat pompous RINO mobster from the heart of graft and corruption dislikes notions of individual freedom rating higher in our national priority than compulsory sneaky surveillance with no accountability?

Color me shocked.

I was hoping we were talking about this, yes Christie, Rand's and other L ideas are dangerous. .... to pompous RINO mobsters from the heart of graft and corruption.

That creep makes me ill, more and more I'm considering joining Constitution or Libertarian parties.  If I do not get national reciprocity soon I'm quitting the R's.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 10:56:59 AM »
Christie made a name for himself when he burst onto the scene and started taking on the public unions. When he started to take on the public, his star fell.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 11:06:01 AM »
  If I do not get national reciprocity soon I'm quitting the R's.

Be VERY careful of what you ask for.  You might get it.   =|
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 11:08:32 AM »
In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that I agree with the Governor.

Christie acknowledged that there will always be mistakes when it comes to national security and protecting privacy, but said Americans need to stay focused on what’s at stake.

Unfortunately, what's at stake is nothing less than the future of individual rights, and the validity of that musty old document called the Constitution. I think we should stay focused on that. And when people try to defend the government for spying on people who haven't committed any crimes and won't commit any crimes for the rest of their lives ... THAT's what's dangerous to the future of this country and this society.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 11:09:45 AM »
In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that I agree with the Governor.

Unfortunately, what's at stake is nothing less than the future of individual rights, and the validity of that musty old document called the Constitution. I think we should stay focused on that. And when people try to defend the government for spying on people who haven't committed any crimes and won't commit any crimes for the rest of their lives ... THAT's what's dangerous to the future of this country and this society.

Agreed.  We need more laws, so those people can be criminals and we can get some pull and leverage off of them, as well.
--Lysander Spooner

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »

Ok.
 ;/

No, because they they keep RUNNING rinos. And the GOP has a history of torpedoing proper conservatives in favor of *expletive deleted*wits like Christie

See also, McCain.

See also, Romney.

Roll your eyes all you want... mark my words this guy, or some idiot like him, will be the GOP man in 2016
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
IMNSHO, it really doesn't matter who the Rs run in 2016.  They could run someone we consider to be the perfect candidate, or the Rs could run another McCain or Christy.  The Dems still win.  The presidency is a permanently blue office with the FSA and LIVs now the majority. The Senate is also permanently blue for same reason.  The House will follow within two more election cycles.
Enough doom and gloom for this morning.  I'll shut up now.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 11:28:42 AM »
IMNSHO, it really doesn't matter who the Rs run in 2016.  They could run someone we consider to be the perfect candidate, or the Rs could run another McCain or Christy.  The Dems still win.  The presidency is a permanently blue office with the FSA and LIVs now the majority. The Senate is also permanently blue for same reason.  The House will follow within two more election cycles.
Enough doom and gloom for this morning.  I'll shut up now.

NO!

The republicans can win the white house and the senate IF ONLY THOSE DAMN TEA PARTIERS AND LIBERTARIANS WILL GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND VOTE FOR THE WISHY WASHY ahole WE TELL THEM TO!
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 11:36:33 AM »
No, because they they keep RUNNING rinos. And the GOP has a history of torpedoing proper conservatives in favor of *expletive deleted*wits like Christie

See also, McCain.

See also, Romney.

Roll your eyes all you want... mark my words this guy, or some idiot like him, will be the GOP man in 2016

Well some of the "true conservatives" that seem to toss their hat in the ring, end up towing some uber right winged Christian message that doesn't even focus on the issues at hand and can't seem to get off those issues and offer solutions for real problems at hand. Some of them also may not carry the Calvinist Christian banner but get so narrowly focused on one niche topic (such as Anti illegal immigration) that they will not offer solutions for other problems.

Some of the candidates that do end up being in front do a lot better job of trying to tackle a series of real problems with some solutions.

I really do see why many people can get behind a John McCain or Chris Christie, but not a Santorum or Bachman.

I personally think Barry Goldwater was the last best Republican candidate to get the on the ballot. He was at a time when the GOP is split like it is now, with the Moderate/Liberal republicans in the NE/West Coast with the Conservative Republicans of the South and SW. It would be nice to have a Republican presidential candidate that actually had a clear plan to take care many of the problems we have now, one that isn't scared to redesign or remove many of the sacred cows in government, but yet still be moderate in social issues so that every American can be part of America.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
Well some of the "true conservatives" that seem to toss their hat in the ring, end up towing some uber right winged Christian message that doesn't even focus on the issues at hand and can't seem to get off those issues and offer solutions for real problems at hand. Some of them also may not carry the Calvinist Christian banner but get so narrowly focused on one niche topic (such as Anti illegal immigration) that they will not offer solutions for other problems.

Some of the candidates that do end up being in front do a lot better job of trying to tackle a series of real problems with some solutions.

I really do see why many people can get behind a John McCain or Chris Christie, but not a Santorum or Bachman.

I personally think Barry Goldwater was the last best Republican candidate to get the on the ballot. He was at a time when the GOP is split like it is now, with the Moderate/Liberal republicans in the NE/West Coast with the Conservative Republicans of the South and SW. It would be nice to have a Republican presidential candidate that actually had a clear plan to take care many of the problems we have now, one that isn't scared to redesign or remove many of the sacred cows in government, but yet still be moderate in social issues so that every American can be part of America.

If only there had been a candidate like that...

Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 11:55:41 AM »

Another candidate that focuses too hard on a few niche topics, hmm "End the Federal Reserve" and "Return to the Gold Standard" seem familiar with Ron Paul?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 03:16:39 PM »

Except that he comes off as a kook to a lot of people. Hell, there are plenty of times that *I* think he comes off as a freaking kook.

Now, his son on the other hand just might be the right mix to get somewhere with the right ideals and without managing to scare everyone off.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 03:19:33 PM »
Paul is not a "moderate" on social issues. He is as socially conservative as they come.

Point taken about the Fed Reserve stuff, though.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Levant

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 12:22:45 AM »
Republicans... The other Democratic Party.

I may vote for Hillary just in the hopes of making the Republicans see that they're not representing their base... But then, after losing with the last two candidates, they aren't seeing the message that they need to be conservative to win, the message they got was that they're not liberal enough so they're going to compete with the Democrats as Democrats.

I suppose that, in the end, I have to vote for the Republican anyway in the hopes of getting better Supreme Court appointments - which Roberts proves doesn't always matter.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 12:38:30 AM »
It would be nice to have a Republican presidential candidate that actually had a clear plan to take care many of the problems we have now, one that isn't scared to redesign or remove many of the sacred cows in government, but yet still be moderate in social issues so that every American can be part of America.

Except for the people on charby's naughty list.  ;/  You people (yes you) can quit bringing that dog along anytime now. He obviously don't hunt. But no, you want to keep bringing up this cockamamie theory.

Look, you are not a slumbering majority of small-govt, fiscal-conservative, social "moderates." You are, at best, a sizable number of small-govt, fiscal conservatives, with loony-left ideas on social issues. There are too many of you, to be sure, but not enough to make it worth the GOP's while to trade us for you.

But as I've said before, at least if you do drag the GOP down with you, at least that might make room for a newer, better party for all us icky so-cons.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 06:03:40 AM »
And congratulations: the two of you just demonstrated WHY the Republicans will lose to the Democrats almost every time.

They may have their internal squables. But they ALWAYS manage to knuckle down and support "their guy"... whoever happens to be the choice as such.

Republicans? Get so divided by stuff that really shouldn't matter...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)