Author Topic: Thank you, Governer  (Read 13033 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Thank you, Governer
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »
So can a person be pro-life and anti-death penalty?

That would be me.

I stopped supporting the death penalty about 7 years ago and never supported the legality of abortion.

We need to rein in the governments ability to wage war also.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2013, 11:54:39 PM »
That would be me.

I stopped supporting the death penalty about 7 years ago and never supported the legality of abortion.

I knew I liked you!
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Levant

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Thank you, Governer
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2013, 09:30:36 AM »
That would be me.

Me too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Levant

• friend
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »
I was talking with a few fairly liberal democrats over the past few days and I asked what kind of Republican candidate would they vote for president. Almost everyone of them said a fiscal conservative that was socially moderate to liberal. They said they get most turned off by how fanatical some candidates get over a few hot button social issues. They went so far as to say that the fiscal conservative has to be credible, offer a believable plan to curtail government spending, in all areas. Many of them were also tired of the all the NSA type spying stories too.

So there you have it, I personally don't think a social conservative will every be elected president in the foreseeable future.

If the Republicans don't put up a socially conservative Republican then no Republican will be elected president in the foreseeable future.

If the Republicans allow illegal aliens to become legal then no Republican will be elected president until the Republicans become more liberal than the Democrats.

It is becoming more and more critical that we work hard to elect true conservatives in state and federal legislatures so we can neuter the President.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2013, 07:30:45 PM »
If the Republicans don't put up a socially conservative Republican then no Republican will be elected president in the foreseeable future.

When was the last time a true social conservative republican made it to the national ballot? Nixon?

Also the same could be asked of when was the last time a true social liberal democrat made to the national ballot? Obama and Clinton are both moderates.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:12:23 AM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2013, 02:24:18 PM »
And to the OP, not charby, and because someone ought to say it - it's "Governor"
That would be me. <blushing smiley> Did I really just misspell that?  Well, the evidence is before us.

"NO EXCUSE, SIR"

"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.