Author Topic: Trump tests positive for COVID-19  (Read 4849 times)

MikeB

• friend
Re: Trump tests positive for COVID-19
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2020, 06:48:10 PM »
I am skeptical that the President is being admitted as an inpatient solely from 'an abundance of caution'.

While I won’t disagree and it is sort of concerning. It is my understanding that there is a working Presidential Suite at Walter Reed. So a mini Whitehouse. Kind of like if he was on Airforce One or in the Bunker or at Camp David during an threat. Seems to me that having him there for a few days would be a preventative measure versus something going bad in the Whitehouse and then having to transport him. Though I suppose they probably have facilities at the Whitehouse and on Airforce One as well so who knows. The one thing I do know is  I don’t trust any Media Hype at all.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2020, 07:48:12 PM »
The President & First Lady have my best wishes & prayers for a quick recovery.

As for the haters, I hope that karma is the bitch she's reported to be.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2020, 09:18:51 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2020, 10:08:04 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2020, 10:13:11 PM »
While I won’t disagree and it is sort of concerning. It is my understanding that there is a working Presidential Suite at Walter Reed. So a mini Whitehouse. Kind of like if he was on Airforce One or in the Bunker or at Camp David during an threat. Seems to me that having him there for a few days would be a preventative measure versus something going bad in the Whitehouse and then having to transport him. Though I suppose they probably have facilities at the Whitehouse and on Airforce One as well so who knows. The one thing I do know is  I don’t trust any Media Hype at all.

From a statement released by the White House:
Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the President will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2020, 07:09:22 AM »
My biggest concern is that this could derail ACB's nomination/confirmation process in a big way.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2020, 10:22:07 AM »
"Trump walked to Marine One for the visual."

Yeah, he walked to Marine One like he always does, because like 95% of people who get the beer virus, he's capable of moving. I think these journalists were just dying to see him rolled out in a wheelchair with an IV in his arm and a blanket over his body. His head lolling from side to side would have been an added bonus.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/10/03/i-smell-pulitzer-journo-reports-source-told-him-trump-insisted-on-walking-to-marine-one-for-the-visual/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2020, 10:52:40 AM »
He walked, instead of floating. Should he have insisted on being brought thither in the First Sedan Chair, carried by burly slaves, and attended by the palace guard and the high priest?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2020, 12:43:50 PM »
He walked, instead of floating. Should he have insisted on being brought thither in the First Sedan Chair, carried by burly slaves, and attended by the palace guard and the high priest?

YOU FORGOT THE SLAVES WITH THE HUGE FEATHER FANS!!!!!!!!!  :mad:   :O   

:rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2020, 01:03:47 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2020, 02:15:29 PM »
So if, God forbid, things went really bad and Trump died prior to the election, what would the effect be on the election process? 

Don’t most states have a deadline for someone to appear on the ballot?  If Pence is listed as the Vice Presidential candidate, would those votes count for the office of President?  Can the electors in the Electoral College make that determination?

As for the Barrett confirmation, the biggest obstacle might be not having enough healthy Senators for a majority when it came up for vote.

griz

• friend
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2020, 05:57:06 PM »
So if, God forbid, things went really bad and Trump died prior to the election, what would the effect be on the election process? 

Don’t most states have a deadline for someone to appear on the ballot?  If Pence is listed as the Vice Presidential candidate, would those votes count for the office of President?  Can the electors in the Electoral College make that determination?

As for the Barrett confirmation, the biggest obstacle might be not having enough healthy Senators for a majority when it came up for vote.

Qualifier:  I have no reason to assume the president is sick enough to be of concern and I do not wish death on him.

That said, I've wondered about that.  If he won and died right after the rules of succession would apply of course.  But if he died after winning the election but hasn't been sworn in yet there is no precedent.  Of course it makes sense that the VP would still be next in line, but neither politics nor the law are known for making sense. 
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2020, 06:06:15 PM »
Fatality at his age, even being overweight is still in the low single digits.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2020, 08:12:01 PM »
Holy moly these people are nuttier than a jumbo fruitcake. Mainstream journalist:

Sources: Trump had heart palpitations on Friday, a possible negative side effect of Regeneron antibody treatment. His fever reached 103. And a G7 ally wonders if he’ll appoint Ivanka president instead of Pence. My latest:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/10/03/theres-so-much-fear-in-his-eyes-vanity-fairs-gabriel-sherman-has-watched-president-trumps-hospital-video-twice/

Doesn't look like he's knocking on death's door here, and as an aside, it was a pretty good and presidential update:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1312525833505058816

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2020, 08:27:11 PM »
The AP this morning was saying he required a respirator and was implying he was close to death
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2020, 09:03:50 PM »
Holy moly these people are nuttier than a jumbo fruitcake. Mainstream journalist:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/10/03/theres-so-much-fear-in-his-eyes-vanity-fairs-gabriel-sherman-has-watched-president-trumps-hospital-video-twice/

Doesn't look like he's knocking on death's door here, and as an aside, it was a pretty good and presidential update:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1312525833505058816

Looks like one foot in the grave to me :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2020, 09:14:55 PM »
In the comments

Donna Miller #BLM #Biden2020! #Resister #FBR
@DonnaMi75957880
·
2h
Replying to
@realDonaldTrump
If you knowingly transmit AIDS or HIV to another person you can be charged criminally, even with murder!
Donald Trump needs to be charged criminally for knowingly having a virus that can be deadly and not practicing social distancing or informing anyone he was around.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2020, 10:25:11 PM »
Looks like one foot in the grave to me :facepalm:

Obviously a body double, lip synching a pre-recorded narrative.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2020, 09:08:00 AM »
Peaceful and calm Trump supporters in front of Walter Reed = "a total circus".

People rioting = "peaceful protests".

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/10/03/nbc-news-reporter-tweets-video-showing-total-circus-of-trump-well-wishers-outside-hospital/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2020, 10:13:11 AM »
Officials for the City of Cleveland said 11 cases of the Wuhan coronavirus could be traced back to the Sept. 29 presidential debate. The cases were a result of debate pre-planning and set-up, with the majority of cases impacting out-of-state travelers, particularly debate organizers and members of the media.

Cleveland Officials Traced COVID Cases Back to the Debate... Before Trump Was On-site
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/10/03/cleveland-officials-say-at-least-11-coronavirus-cases-can-be-traced-back-to-debate-planning-n2577413
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2020, 01:40:55 PM »
Cleveland Officials Traced COVID Cases Back to the Debate... Before Trump Was On-site
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/10/03/cleveland-officials-say-at-least-11-coronavirus-cases-can-be-traced-back-to-debate-planning-n2577413

So, like ... does that mean "the media"? Who planned the debate?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2020, 02:45:35 PM »
Peaceful and calm Trump supporters in front of Walter Reed = "a total circus".

People rioting = "peaceful protests".

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/10/03/nbc-news-reporter-tweets-video-showing-total-circus-of-trump-well-wishers-outside-hospital/

To me, that sounds like a positive for Trump. It suggests a huge, enthusiastically happy crowd.

Or a bunch of elephants and freaks.  :laugh:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2020, 07:56:54 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2020, 08:07:21 AM »
TRUMP IS ON A KILLING SPREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 10 Covid kills he gets an upgrade to his superpowers.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?