Author Topic: Look at this new russian weapon  (Read 4782 times)

rusher

Look at this new russian weapon
« on: January 27, 2006, 01:42:01 PM »
Check out the size of this guy.......Can someone say missing link.....maybe shaved or partially shaved bigfoot

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-boxer27jan27,0,4797801.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Picture below
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-boxer1_iro55pnc,0,2420207.photo?coll=la-home-headlines

Next Big Thing

By Kim Murphy, Times Staff Writer

MOSCOW  In any boxing club, sweat is part of the ambience, but in Russia, the sweat factor usually scores a one-two punch to the nose right from the doorway, reminding all who enter of what it smells like to be a nastoyashi muzhik, a real Russian man.

On the wall of a small neighborhood boxing club in northwest Moscow, there is a huge, grainy photo of Stanislav Stepashkin, the 1964 Olympic featherweight champion who was one of Russia's early claims to international boxing fame, and a real Russian man if there ever was one.

Stepashkin agreed two years ago to serve as president of the club, and the neighborhood boys here renamed it in his honor.

These days, another photo hangs on the dank walls next to Stepashkin's, and while the picture isn't bigger, the man assuredly is: Nikolay Valuev, crowned in December as Russia's first World Boxing Assn. heavyweight champion.

Valuev himself strode into the gym recently during his triumphant return to Russia after the title bout, in which he defeated American John Ruiz on a controversial decision in Berlin to become the tallest (7 feet) and heaviest (323 pounds) world champion in history. He's so big he usually steps into the ring over the top rope & so big that the adolescent pugilists at the Stepashkin Club would have barely been able to land a hook as high as his belly, if they had the nerve to try.

Most just craned their necks and gawked, or melted into nervous grins.

"I don't know about the world, but here in Russia, he's been very famous for a long time. For the kids here, this is such an emotional thing," said Alexei Barsukov, a former trainer who came back for the spread of iced tortes, fresh fruit and champagne laid out in the manager's office in Valuev's honor.

In the rest of the world, Valuev, 32, is known as the "Beast from the East" (promoter Don King wants to call him "King Kong" when he defends his title in the U.S.), but in his homeland, he is more often known as the "Russian Giant."

His brain is played up here as much as his brawn  a boxer who reads Tolstoy and writes poetry to his wife?  along with his diffident, quiet demeanor.

"You can't impose your own manner of fighting on him, and that's because of his life position. He's very calm, and very, very controlled," Barsukov said.

Added Vladimir Grachev, boxing coach at the club: "You have a person born with such a physique once in a hundred years. Such a build, and such an intellect  Russia may not get another such man in our lifetimes."

Valuev's homecoming has been marred by an incident Jan. 19 in his hometown of St. Petersburg, where he was accused of beating a security guard who had directed his wife Galina  rudely, she said  to move her car when she brought the couple's 3-year-old son, Grigory, to skating lessons at a local sports club.

The guard, a 61-year-old pensioner, has been hospitalized for the last week with a concussion and bruises to the chest.

Valuev has said he was only standing up for his wife and child. "I tried to [push him] a little bit," the boxer said at a news conference Wednesday. "& There was a lot of black ice in that parking lot. What can I say? He slipped and fell. Now everybody is screaming that I began to beat him up horribly."

But a club employee contradicted that account. In a telephone interview, he said the confrontation took place inside the building's vestibule, not outside on the ice.

"I saw a huge man holding a small man with his left hand by the back of his jacket collar. The head of the small man was all hidden inside the jacket, while the big man was hitting him on the head, quickly and viciously," said Alexander Legoshin, 58. "At first the small man screamed, 'Nikolay, Nikolay!' I recognized the voice, it was Yuri Sergeyev, the guard. And suddenly, I realized that the big man was Nikolay Valuev, the boxing champion.

"Valuev's eyes were so wild that I understood that if I interfered, he would do me in, too."

He said the boxer hit the guard about 10 times in the head, then gave him a sharp uppercut to the chest, sending the man's body flying and landing with a thud. He finished it off with two more light blows, Legoshin said.

After the boxer left, Legoshin said, Sergeyev stood up and confronted Valuev's wife.

" 'Why? I didn't say anything bad to you,' " he said, according to Legoshin. " 'But what about your tone?' she said, turned around, and left."

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 01:58:12 PM »
Wow!  He would be the perfect villian in a James Bond movie.  What caliber for...?
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

crt360

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 03:42:30 PM »
Why have I never heard of this guy . . . or John Ruiz?  That's one big dude - like the Yeti with a shaved head.
For entertainment purposes only.

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 03:44:45 PM »
John Ruiz ought to consider himself lucky the win wasn't controversial!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 03:46:29 PM »
Makes me wonder, whatever became of Vasily Alexiev? (horribly misspelled)(I think)(actually, that's right)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

toro

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »
.45-70 or a shotgun slug.

Mrs. Toro

====================
Revelation 19:19
And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Justin

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 03:57:20 PM »
Whatever he hits...he destroys.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 07:21:58 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

280plus

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 11:49:01 PM »
He looks like the kind of guy who, when he walks into a bar, the bouncer thinks, "Gee, I sure hope you're the friendly sort." shocked

Ahhh, Chuck Norris could kick his ass...

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 04:05:57 AM »
Ruiz should be given a prize just for going into the ring against that!
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 05:16:14 AM »
Ah, the guy's a pussy...let me at him.
Career Corrections

280plus

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2006, 08:27:15 AM »
I'd like to feed Tyson to him...

Cheesy

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2006, 09:50:30 AM »
Quote from: 280plus
He looks like the kind of guy who, when he walks into a bar, the bouncer thinks, "Gee, I sure hope you're the friendly sort." shocked

Ahhh, Chuck Norris could kick his ass...
He's not.  He beat the tar out of some old man who spoke to his wife with what she considered a rude tone of voice.  Thug.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2006, 12:00:05 PM »
Yea, I read that. Nothing funny there...

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2006, 12:00:58 PM »
I'll bet Vince McMahon of WWE is in negotiation with him as we speak.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 03:36:25 PM »
I seem to remember an equally big and imposing man knocked down by some squirt named David....
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Dave Markowitz

• friend
    • http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 05:39:36 PM »
Holy crap!  In that pic of him in the ring with Ruiz he looks like he's going to squash Ruiz like a bug!

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 06:58:31 PM »
I saw that article online Friday.  One look at the shape of that head and I thought 'acromegaly'.

...or microcephaly...I can't make up my mind.  Something just tells me he ain't no rocket surgeon.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2006, 07:25:51 PM »
Didn't Stallone beat this guy in Rocky 27?

mfree

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2006, 09:33:37 AM »
"...or microcephaly...I can't make up my mind.  Something just tells me he ain't no rocket surgeon."

Sorry swamp rabbit...

"His brain is played up here as much as his brawn  a boxer who reads Tolstoy and writes poetry to his wife?  along with his diffident, quiet demeanor."

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 10:26:47 AM »
Yikes!  7' tall 324 pounds.......and the fans thought that Ruiz should have won?  All I can say is wow.
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

280plus

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 10:53:32 AM »
He's only 7' ? Somehow I thought he was close to 8. Let me at his puny ass...

shocked

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 09:30:35 PM »
Eeeeeyeah, mfree, but doesn't the LA Times get their news feed from Pravda?

Something tells me he still can't count past 21 without his handlers.

....Still looks like a shaved Yeti to me. Cheesy

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

280plus

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2006, 02:49:05 AM »
You'd probably break your hand hitting his face.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2006, 04:13:11 AM »
So...what's the best caliber for a Giant?

TC
TC
RT Refugee