Author Topic: Gas grill recommendation  (Read 3905 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Gas grill recommendation
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
lol, no. and if i did i would still be using charcoal for the base fuel. same stuff, just easier to carry use and cheaper.  if you didn't click the link you should, this ain't coal oil and wood scraps.  that "stuff" is for indirect cooking.

no coal oil in Kingsford. http://old.cbbqa.org/wood/Kingsford.html

Nothing wrong with the old kingsford briquettes.
I've tried the charcoal scraps type charcoal, its a bit more difficult to get good consistancy (heat) than the briquettes.

For Gas, I have a Weber. Its not anywhere near as good as cooking over charcoal, but for a gas grill its very nice. I haved it on my patio and cook year round on it- sometimes I have to shovel it out in the winter.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 07:12:48 PM »
that's right, Kingsford uses anthracite coal aka mineral carbon. :angel: sorry about that. =( the stuff is great for cooking in a dutch oven, etc. and ok for "grilling" a hamburger and some hotdogs.(the Anthony joke is to low, even for me :laugh:) but to me, it's just not hot enough. ;) and for longer cooking times, i start tasting coal in the food. if you like that, it doesn't bother me, just don't invite me over for supper. =D

the other stuff has some drawbacks, but then every thing does. gas is to wet, wood can be to wet, and is expensive, heavy to haul to the cooking site, and slow to get into action, electric can be to dry, to wet, and has a tendency to cut out right when you needed it. lump pops, takes some experience/technique or time to get going, can be costly, doesn't like getting wet, can spontaneously burst into flames(if you're storing rail cars full and it gets wet) etc.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 08:46:12 PM »
Weber hibachi I bought from Target is still in use 9 years later. Perfect for two, any more and it would be hard pressed to keep up. Drawback: It uses those little bitty LPG (or whatever it is) canisters.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »
Weber hibachi I bought from Target is still in use 9 years later. Perfect for two, any more and it would be hard pressed to keep up. Drawback: It uses those little bitty LPG (or whatever it is) canisters.

I've got a grill that uses those. There are both adapter hoses for the big tanks available and adapters available to fill the small cylinders.

I take a small grill to work with me often to grill my lunch and that's how I keep my fuel economical.

(and yes, it's totally awesome that I'm grilling up hot, fresh burgers or a steak in the time that it takes my coworkers to run to town and grab some lame fast food burgers)

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!