Author Topic: Police more than 20 minutes away equals dead intruder.  (Read 7096 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Police more than 20 minutes away equals dead intruder.
« on: January 02, 2012, 05:48:11 AM »
http://www.newson6.com/story/16427212/blanchard-mother-who-shot-killed-intruder-recalls-home-invasion

Recently widowed was on phone with 911 for more than 20 minutes.  Glad her and her child are safe.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Police more than 20 minutes away equals dead intruder.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 06:37:59 AM »
My heart goes out to the woman, she has to be living a waking nightmare.

But why in the hell does the press deem it nessecary to publish this woman's address? Fupid stucking bastages
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:11:20 AM »
God bless her! Hopefully, she will be stronger after going through all of this.

Nice to see that the other scared pussy called Mommy and Daddy to take him to the police station.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »

But why in the hell does the press deem it nessecary to publish this woman's address? Fupid stucking bastages

Back when I was a prosecutor, I was doing an interview about a serial child molestor. Everything was going fine until he asked me for the names and addresses of the victims. I said no dice. He then said that if these kiids were willing to drag the defendant's name through the mud, their name should be in print as well.  Again, I said no. He then tells me that "the people" have the right to know everything about everyone involved in the story. I said not by me, and that was the end of the interview. He said something about calling the paper's lawyer to get me to "do the right thing." I gave him a business card. Never heard from anyone...

Some reports truly believe everything should be in print, no matter who it may hurt.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 07:10:04 PM »
Chris, these victims were still children? I could understand, if the allegations were from twenty years ago. For recent cases, though, that would be really bizarre.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »
My south camp is about 20 minutes from leo response.  My north camp is at least 30 minutes from leo response.  Either I am dead or the perp is dead.  But, my wife is as good with a pistol/shotgun as I am so I doubt if the perp can get both of us....chris3

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »
My south camp is about 20 minutes from leo response.  My north camp is at least 30 minutes from leo response.  Either I am dead or the perp is dead.  But, my wife is as good with a pistol/shotgun as I am so I doubt if the perp can get both of us....chris3

I like your optimism. After all, there could be more than one of them.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 07:24:44 PM »

My home is 20+ minutes from emergency response, if we're lucky and they don't get lost (it has happened when the neighbors have called for an ambulance). If things get ugly it will get real ugly.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »
I hope police don't use GPS.

A couple of months ago we had a severe storm through this area that took down a lot of trees. I lost a couple myself, along with a bunch of limbs and branches. A couple of days after the storm a ratty old Ford pickup with a blown muffler rolled into the driveway. I went out to see what was brewing, and a guy probably in his mid-20s got out. He said, "Hi, I'm ___. I'm here to clean up your trees."

I had already contracted with a licensed arborist to clean up my mess, and the guy I hired wasn't named ___ and he didn't drive a ratty pickup with a blown muffler. So I told him I had no idea what he was talking about and I asked him if he was at the right place. He said, "Yeah, 12 ___ Drive." So I got to tell him that he was at number 172, and that this was NOT ___ Drive. And the moron looked at me like I was crazy.

"My GPS says this is the place."

He must have a crappy GPS. The address he was looking for was less than a quarter of a mile away ... as the crow flies. But to get there was about a 3/4-mile drive involving several turns and a couple of intervening streets.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »
Reliance on GPS or any other tech without common sense can get people killed.
My 911 address comes up several miles away on most GPS systems. Mapquest shows up 5 miles to the north and Google maps shows up 3 miles east.

Samuel Adams

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 08:41:37 PM »
Good for her. Can't find any fault with what she did.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 08:44:34 PM »
might be wise to wait on judgement. there may be some odd developments
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 08:52:01 PM »
might be wise to wait on judgement. there may be some odd developments

Oh boy, here we go again..... ;/ ;/ ;/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 08:57:11 PM »
check the comments in the articles.  if 1/2 is true its gonna be interesting
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 12:10:16 AM »
I hope police don't use GPS.

A couple of months ago we had a severe storm through this area that took down a lot of trees. I lost a couple myself, along with a bunch of limbs and branches. A couple of days after the storm a ratty old Ford pickup with a blown muffler rolled into the driveway. I went out to see what was brewing, and a guy probably in his mid-20s got out. He said, "Hi, I'm ___. I'm here to clean up your trees."

I had already contracted with a licensed arborist to clean up my mess, and the guy I hired wasn't named ___ and he didn't drive a ratty pickup with a blown muffler. So I told him I had no idea what he was talking about and I asked him if he was at the right place. He said, "Yeah, 12 ___ Drive." So I got to tell him that he was at number 172, and that this was NOT ___ Drive. And the moron looked at me like I was crazy.

"My GPS says this is the place."

He must have a crappy GPS. The address he was looking for was less than a quarter of a mile away ... as the crow flies. But to get there was about a 3/4-mile drive involving several turns and a couple of intervening streets.

My mother has GPS in her car and periodically goes on trips with a friend.  You would be amazed at how ****-ed a GPS can get you.  It once tried to put her in the middle of a river!   I mean .... there wasn't even a bridge there!!! :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 01:22:19 AM »
I can not call the police from where I live, I guess I would hope the internet satt connection is working, hope the power is working, and get on facebook/APS and hope someone can call the sheriff for me.

No cell coverage where I am, however three dogs that bark like crazy and my Glock is always in reach
( always, caught a glimpse of a mountain lion the other day, on top of the hill behind house! )

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 01:50:19 AM »
check the comments in the articles.  if 1/2 is true its gonna be interesting

I cant see the cruddy comments due to cruddy lap top I am borrowing, can you link please?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 05:52:15 AM »
You really don't want to read all the comments, unless you have a real desire for your blood pressure to go sky-high.  Reader's Digest version is 1) she lived in a trailer, 2) landlord who rented the trailer did not know her 60-year old hubby was married, 3) landlord sent two thugs to "check out" the place, and 4) thugs had no idea anybody was inside.

There is a lively debate taking place about all aspects of the story that has covered every aspect except why an 18-year old married a 60-year old and why they had a baby.  The "they were agents of the landlord" aspect has one side firmly convinced and the other side busy pointing out every reason why it holds less water than a spaghetti strainer.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 06:34:04 AM »

Well, she's kinda cute and she's available, but yes, a phone number would probably be more appropriate.

Unless talking your way past her shotgun is the first test to ask her out.   :O

• friends
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 07:27:36 AM »
You really don't want to read all the comments, unless you have a real desire for your blood pressure to go sky-high.  Reader's Digest version is 1) she lived in a trailer, 2) landlord who rented the trailer did not know her 60-year old hubby was married, 3) landlord sent two thugs to "check out" the place, and 4) thugs had no idea anybody was inside.

There is a lively debate taking place about all aspects of the story that has covered every aspect except why an 18-year old married a 60-year old and why they had a baby.  The "they were agents of the landlord" aspect has one side firmly convinced and the other side busy pointing out every reason why it holds less water than a spaghetti strainer.

stay safe.

that was one line  the other was implying that the dead guy might have been baby daddy.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 09:14:10 AM »
The young girl in queston had lived in the trailer for two years, which is interesting since she is just 18.  Whole lot of questions but the bottom line is that dead guy wasn't supposed to be there and paid for it with his life.  Maybe his buddy that got away will talk and shed some light on the issue.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 04:24:01 PM »
Fox news reporting today that her late husband had medication the guy that was breaking in was looking for.
Had no idea she was married to a 65yr old but it really doesn't matter.

If there was a question about whether or not it was a good shoot it hasn't reached the Prosecutors office.
Dead guy had a big knife in his hand and had previously stalked the girl, according to FNC.

65 & he married an 18yr old? ... That's awesome!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 07:21:12 PM »
"65 & he married an 18yr old? ... That's awesome!"

It's probably why he's dead. :laugh:  Probably died with a smile on his face. :laugh:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
"65 & he married an 18yr old? ... That's awesome!"

It's probably why he's dead. :laugh:  Probably died with a smile on his face. :laugh:

No wonder he was looking for the late husbands medication, I want some too.

Bubbles

• 07/C2 FFL/SOT
    • EFI, LLC
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 09:45:03 PM »
The late husband died of cancer.  According to the unventilated perp, they targeted the home specifically to steal narcotics/pain killers as they suspected the cancer pt had been prescribed them.  He also admitted that they had taken hydrocodone just before the home invasion.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.newsok.com/documents/j5dlsaffidavit.pdf
EFI, LLC - 07 FFL / C2 SOT in Inwood, WV - Custom Firearms & Gunsmithing

Tank Vest - Molle Vest for Your Motorcycle Gas Tank