Author Topic: Police more than 20 minutes away equals dead intruder.  (Read 7095 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: Police more than 20 minutes away equals dead intruder.
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 12:55:26 PM »
I'm currently discussing this on a Swedish news site. I'm surprised at the number of people supporting her, and also the number of people suggesting we loosen up our laws here to allow for easier access to firearms for defense. Mind you, not a great number of people, but there are some, which is more than I had expected.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 01:02:34 PM »
He also admitted that they had taken hydrocodone just before the home invasion.

Now there is your prudent planning.  If you are doing something that may involve the infliction of pain upon your person, best to load up on the narcotics first.  It will hurt less when you do get shot.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 01:04:04 PM »
Now there is your prudent planning.  If you are doing something that may involve the infliction of pain upon your person, best to load up on the narcotics first.  It will hurt less when you do get shot.
And if you're shot to death, it won't hurt at all :laugh:.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 02:49:40 PM »
I guess it is what you are used to.  I got prescribed hydrocodone after a root canal.  I never needed it and I had the full bottle for a few weeks before throwing it away. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge