Author Topic: Woman's beating caught on tape, thugs escape punishment  (Read 10040 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Woman's beating caught on tape, thugs escape punishment
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2013, 06:48:34 AM »
No please, please!   Please tell me more about how SOP for  biting is to pummel a woman's face!

:rofl:
Oh i believe cop strayed from sop. Hence the disciplinary action. Yoy know the punishment that never happened.i think he under estimated the "lady" and let the kids alter his expectations and actions.  coulda been a lot worse hope he learned something.

You think shes done biting?

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Woman's beating caught on tape, thugs escape punishment
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2013, 10:32:37 AM »
No please, please!   Please tell me more about how SOP for  biting is to pummel a woman's face!

:rofl:
Be careful.  I would say both might be classfied as 'serous bodily injury' in some cases.  Reference the other threads about punches killing people and such. 

I think part of what CSD is trying to say is that resisting arrest not a good thing to do and can lead to these consequences, whether they are justified or not.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Levant

• friend
Re: Re: Woman's beating caught on tape, thugs escape punishment
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »
I'm only 51 years old but I take some pride in that fact that I haven't been in a fist fight since high school.

58 last week and never a fight since high school either.

The bite in this story was not the cause of the beating. In fact, it was self defense. She could have shot the cop and it would have been self defense. He had no cause to jump her in the first place.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Woman's beating caught on tape, thugs escape punishment
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2013, 04:00:26 PM »
I exchanged a couple punches with a kid that was stealing money from me in sixth grade  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Pharmacology

• friends
Re: Re: Woman's beating caught on tape, thugs escape punishment
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2013, 01:15:59 AM »
Onw of the new "never been in a fight" generation? damn phone

I punched a kid in the face when I was in elementary, I think. He was trying to pull my pants down.
Having been raised well by a good father, good genes and being >6' at 16 years old kept me out of fights.   I wasn't one of those small guys that romanticized that kinda stuff, and I've never been a chest thumper.  
I'm not sure why you think it's a positive thing.  
Then again, I'm not sure why you have such a romantic vision of the police.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2013, 01:22:45 AM »
But, as a whole, cops were considered to be like Officer Friendly.  Having a little pudge and donut belly actually made cops seem more like us. 

Today, the standard look for a cop is a military haircut, bodybuilder...

I don't know how physical fitness makes police bad people, but OK. I haven't noticed a change, myself.

Just saw those Henry Hill gifs, and such, on that last page. Hilarious.  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Levant

• friend
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2013, 04:35:21 PM »
It's not the fitness. It's the militarization and appearance intended to intimidate - in the whole package.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party