Author Topic: The Boys  (Read 3689 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: The Boys
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2019, 04:12:10 PM »
Everyone needs a Snickers bar.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2019, 04:51:41 PM »
Just be careful what media you consume.

Even if you know you are consuming propaganda it still has an impact and it's cumulative.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2019, 04:57:26 PM »
:shrug:

If I had kids, especially boys, I would much rather see them aspire to white hat heroism than to black hat depravity.
I agree that it is something to aspire to and most comics universes had one or two heroes that sort of embodied that ideal. 

And I didn't want to give away the plot in The Boys, but not all the heroes are bad or terribly flawed in that show either. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2019, 05:19:51 PM »
I got part-way into the pilot before I had to dump out. I guess it's cutting-edge to show full frontal male nudity now. That Electric Dreams mini-series didn't quite do that, but I noticed they were showing a whole lot more male than female skin. "Progress," I suppose.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2019, 05:32:12 PM »
I got part-way into the pilot before I had to dump out. I guess it's cutting-edge to show full frontal male nudity now. That Electric Dreams mini-series didn't quite do that, but I noticed they were showing a whole lot more male than female skin. "Progress," I suppose.

Progress is grand.   =D
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2019, 06:56:53 PM »

I'm only up to episode 4, but other than butcher's ass and one other short scene where they didn't show full frontal, there hasn't been more, so I wouldn't let that one scene keep you from checking out a few more episodes.

I will say I've also noticed that Netflix originals seem to be throwing in way more wiener shots than booby shots.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2019, 07:50:46 PM »

I will say I've also noticed that Netflix originals seem to be throwing in way more wiener shots than booby shots.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2019, 08:23:52 PM »
Jesus christ on a pogo stick sometimes I hate this place.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Re: The Boys
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2019, 08:57:00 PM »
Oh c'mon, this place is filled with weiners and even has some boobs. Just like Netflix.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2019, 12:45:16 AM »
I'm only up to episode 4, but other than butcher's ass and one other short scene where they didn't show full frontal, there hasn't been more, so I wouldn't let that one scene keep you from checking out a few more episodes.

Cuz where else could I find superhero-themed entertainment?

I really liked that TV show from a few years ago. (checks internet) Powers. I think I only saw the first season.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2019, 05:56:32 AM »
Progress is grand.   =D

Well, mine is.  Thank you very much.   =D
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2019, 06:41:23 AM »

I guess a "Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism" personal text block would explain a lot of that.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Jamisjockey

• friend
Re: Re: The Boys
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2019, 04:45:13 PM »
Oh c'mon, this place is filled with weiners and even has some boobs. Just like Netflix.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

It's more about the whiners and boobs...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2019, 04:51:02 PM »
Alright who besides me laughed at Deep and the dolphin rescue scene?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2019, 05:30:31 PM »
Queen Maeve = Lily Bell from Hell on Wheels. I would have never made that connection - she looks completely different.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2019, 08:47:39 PM »
Alright who besides me laughed at Deep and the dolphin rescue scene?

Very, very loudly.  He's a bumbling ahole and it's hilarious.
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2019, 08:52:50 PM »
Very, very loudly.  He's a bumbling ahole and it's hilarious.

I just watched the lobster scene. That guy just can't win.  :laugh:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2019, 10:10:20 PM »
Well, that was an interesting ending.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2019, 10:13:41 PM »

Okay, I just finished the first episode and...

Fistful, STFU.

You're damn right it's progress that a scene like that focuses on something other than "oh, look how sexy she is."  :mad:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2019, 12:48:54 AM »
Okay, I just finished the first episode and...

Fistful, STFU.

You're damn right it's progress that a scene like that focuses on something other than "oh, look how sexy she is."  :mad:

STFU? Really?

If you have such a problem with what I said, ask me to explain it, so you can understand me. You're also free to ignore comments you don't understand.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2019, 06:53:25 AM »
Well, that was an interesting ending.

Yep
JD

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2019, 09:13:01 AM »
The lobster and dolphin scenes with Deep were funny as hell.  And the season ending twist was pretty big.  I ended right there thinking there was another episode, but no.  Makes me wonder if this whole thing will end up as some sort of superhero soap opera.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2019, 09:29:15 AM »
The lobster and dolphin scenes with Deep were funny as hell.  And the season ending twist was pretty big.  I ended right there thinking there was another episode, but no.  Makes me wonder if this whole thing will end up as some sort of superhero soap opera.

I hope not
They set the standard pretty high through the rest of the show
JD

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2019, 10:44:07 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2019, 08:13:44 PM »
And yes, I will be eagerly awaiting season 2.

That was good.