Author Topic: IRS Security Guard Pulls Gun on Deputy Sheriff  (Read 707 times)

MechAg94

• friend
IRS Security Guard Pulls Gun on Deputy Sheriff
« on: August 02, 2019, 09:46:31 PM »
https://blog.k-var.com/news/video-irs-security-guard-pulls-gun-on-deputy-sheriff/

Eklund allegedly asked Gaston to exit the premises to leave his gun in his vehicle, according to abcnews.go.com. But Gaston said no. Footage shows Gaston shake his head, then calmly turn to leave. That’s when Eklund emerges from out of view, gun drawn, with a bead on the Sheriff’s Deputy.

The video spells it out pretty good.  The security guard pulled a gun on the Sheriff's Deputy.  The deputy leaves the office and heads to the elevator to leave.  The security guard follows him and blocks the elevator door to keep him from leaving.  In addition, someone at the IRS called 911 about a man with a gun and fails to tell them it was a Deputy Sheriff in uniform.  At least sanity prevailed and the security guard was arrested. 

I am not sure agree with him suing the guard, but pulling a gun on a uniformed LEO just sounds incredibly stupid.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: IRS Security Guard Pulls Gun on Deputy Sheriff
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 09:55:43 PM »
https://blog.k-var.com/news/video-irs-security-guard-pulls-gun-on-deputy-sheriff/

The video spells it out pretty good.  The security guard pulled a gun on the Sheriff's Deputy.  The deputy leaves the office and heads to the elevator to leave.  The security guard follows him and blocks the elevator door to keep him from leaving.  In addition, someone at the IRS called 911 about a man with a gun and fails to tell them it was a Deputy Sheriff in uniform.  At least sanity prevailed and the security guard was arrested. 

I am not sure agree with him suing the guard, but pulling a gun on a uniformed LEO just sounds incredibly stupid.

Incredibly stupid, and he probably deserves to be prosecuted.  He's actually lucky the deputy didn't kill him.  But the proper response to the lawsuit is "motion to dismiss due to qualified immunity".  He was acting on behalf of the IRS (I would say as an agent of the IRS, but that implies something else), and there's that sauce, goose, gander thing.
"It's good, though..."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 05:30:37 AM »
  He was acting on behalf of the IRS (I would say as an agent of the IRS, but that implies something else), and there's that sauce, goose, gander thing.

You give small weasels any kind of authority attached to their position and the results are predictable.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 11:36:37 AM »
I'd like to know what jackass from the IRS office made the 9-1-1 call. I don't think it was the "security" guard, since he was too busy playing supercop. So it must have been some other moron. How dumb do you have to be to call the cops on a cop? (Yes, that's a rhetorical question.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 04:31:12 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 11:59:13 AM »
Incredibly stupid, and he probably deserves to be prosecuted.  He's actually lucky the deputy didn't kill him.  But the proper response to the lawsuit is "motion to dismiss due to qualified immunity".  He was acting on behalf of the IRS (I would say as an agent of the IRS, but that implies something else), and there's that sauce, goose, gander thing.

Immunity isn't absolute. Immunity only applies to a government employee if that employee was lawfully carrying out the duties of his position.  If the plaintiff can establish that the defendant was acting outside the scope of his duties, beyond the scope of his authority, or unlawfully, the suit can proceed.  Qualified immunity was intended to protect a government employee from being sued for doing his job.  I will admit that I have been protected by that immunity, when I was sued by a criminal defendant for prosecuting him.  He sued me for slander, defamation,  unlawful imprisonment,  and a few other things.  Sought $5 million.  Case got dismissed, but it sure screwed with my life for a few months.  As an aside, it was a burglary case. Guy was caught in the act by the homeowner. Security camera had video of him running from the house to a car. Car was traced to his girlfriend.  It was a slam dunk case.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 12:05:39 PM »
I'd like to know what jackass from the IURS office made the 9-1-1 call. I don't think it was the "security" guard, since he was too busy playing supercop. So it must have been some other moron. How dumb do you have to be to call the cops on a cop? (Yes, that's a rhetorical question.)

You must not watch Live PD, calling 9-1-1 while there are several Police standing around you does not seem to be that uncommon.  =|

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 12:07:23 PM »
Anyone check to see if this guy was a former Starbucks employee?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 02:24:15 PM »
I am also surprised and thankful the police didn't arrive and shoot everyone since two of them possessed guns. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 04:21:35 PM »
Nobody gets inexplicably held at gunpoint like Gaston!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »
Nobody gets inexplicably held at gunpoint like Gaston!

Not even Alphonse.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design