Author Topic: The One, or SOUL MATES  (Read 3484 times)

pluvo

The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2006, 02:33:26 PM »
Quote from: Bogie
...she dumped me for another woman...
Been there, done that...twice.

Let's just say I like to believe in the idea of a soulmate/true love/love at 1st sight and such, but the reality is that you roll the dice & take your chances & hope for the best.

At this point in the race I'd settle for a buddy & partner that's more or less my equal & sees things the same way I do.

I guess I'm looking for a gun-toting lesbian with a 4x4 who doesn't mind getting dirty. Cheesy

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 11:27:43 PM »
Quote from: pluvo
Quote from: Bogie
...she dumped me for another woman...
Been there, done that...twice.

Let's just say I like to believe in the idea of a soulmate/true love/love at 1st sight and such, but the reality is that you roll the dice & take your chances & hope for the best.

At this point in the race I'd settle for a buddy & partner that's more or less my equal & sees things the same way I do.

I guess I'm looking for a gun-toting lesbian with a 4x4 who doesn't mind getting dirty. Cheesy
Pluvo, I probably know a woman (whatever) who fits that description, but do you really, really want to go down that road?

doughboy

The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2006, 06:58:10 PM »
My wife and I have been married for 42 years.We have been soul mates for a long time.When we first met,there were probably 10,000 reasons for this not to go anywheres,and only a few reasons for it to succeed.However,those few were so powerful that they pummelled the 10,000 into the ground!Life is full of mystery!
jack greene

Chris

The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2006, 07:37:40 PM »
I dated quite a bit, screwed around a bit more, and found myself spending more and more time with a female friend, who happened to enjoy college football games, grilled foods, and didn't mind the guns (she went shooting a few times to see what it was like, but never came to enjoy it).  Anyways, when my father went into a coma after brain surgery for an aneurism, I called her, cried on her shoulder over the phone, and the next day, she was there. She burned up two weeks vacation to be with me until my dad died.  That's when I knew that if she was willing to hold my hand as I walked through hell, she'd be there for the long haul.

It'll be 10 years next May.  We've got a house, two kids, bills to pay, and she's still holding my hand, watching college football with me on the weekends.

If you've been friends first, and it feels right, take a chance.  It's better to know than to always wonder "what if..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2006, 08:36:50 PM »
Quote from: Monkeyleg
Pluvo, I probably know a woman (whatever) who fits that description, but do you really, really want to go down that road?
Sounds to me like Pluvo is a regular on that road and s/he is not who you think s/he is.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2006, 11:45:05 PM »
Well, looks like I'm now spoken for.

She didn't want to until she was folding my clothes (She wouldn't let me stop her) and then she thought, "I could do this forever."

Ahhh so in love.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

JAlexander

• friend
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2006, 12:55:04 PM »
Quote from: grampster
Someday I'll tell you the story of when I took her on a date to see my granpap.
Well?  What do we have to do, beg?

James

...has left the building.

The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2006, 04:47:29 PM »
Jack,

I've found mine. Don't sweat possibly finding her so young. I met mine my freshman year and we got married before our junior year. We're still as in love as we were a few years ago. In fact, I'd say our relationship is even better. Anyway, there are a few things I've noticed for success:

-You both REALLY know how to communicate with each other. And you're always willing to talk about serious stuff, even if one of you "doesn't feel like it." This is a two-way street that is 1/3 respect, 1/3 adoration and 1/3 love. It can be a pain in the ass but it is good to talk things out.
-She loves you and appreciates you for who you really are. Like for example, my girl thought it was sexy that I was cleaning my new .357 and listening to Reverend Horton Heat. She would never pull a trigger on a .357 nor does she like psychobilly. But she could appreciate the "scene".
-You find each other attractive. This is underrated by most people when talking about the "One". Seriously dude, you have to find her attractive or it really won't work. This includes being able to tell her that she is beautiful when she is 60 and really mean it.
-Each of you knows when to take a stand and when to give in. And if you aren't sure about the boundaries, see the above regarding communication.
-Neither of you keep tabs. There is nothing worse than a person who counts how many times they did the dishes vs. how many times you did the dishes.

I'm probably babbling but don't worry bro, you'll know.

InfidelSerf

• friend
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 04:43:20 AM »
Congrats Winston,  
When it's genuine, it's the greatest feeling on earth.

As stated before if you are sure your not filtering them through the "up on a pedestal" view.  Then your in good shape.

A far as living on a campus with contant temptation.  If your heart is in the right place, then there won't be any temptation.

If you are tempted.. then either she isn't the one for you, or you haven't matured enough to recognise when "the one" is in front of you.

BTW what schools do you and Charby go to?   Cheesy  60-70%  nice odds.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2006, 08:25:47 AM »
Quote from: veloce851

BTW what schools do you and Charby go to?   Cheesy  60-70%  nice odds.
I went to Univeristy of Northern Iowa for undergrad and grad school.  You know the school that lost the Division I-AA championship game last fall.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

client32

• friend
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2006, 08:57:32 AM »
You know the school that lost the Division I-AA championship game last fall.
Sorry, but nobody knows.  
I did grad work at James Madison University.  The school that won the Division 1-AA game in 2004.  Nobody knows if it isn't in the immediate area.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2006, 09:20:29 AM »
Iowa State and U of Iowa students always refered to us as University of Nobody Important (UNI) so maybe its true. Smiley

...but they sure liked to come and party at our campus due to the numbers of female coeds.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2006, 01:09:51 PM »
I once knew a husband and wife team of designers for Adidas.

Yup.

You can guess what's coming, right?

Too obvious?

...that they were solemates?

Cheesy

Trisha

• friend
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2006, 01:22:15 PM »
It's good to see you have outlets, Jim; a way to exercise a little humor in safe company.

It is a necessary, healthy occurrance.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Winston -

Your life is demarcated into before gf; and with gf.

It occasionally happens that some also highlight the calender boldly: After gf.

Good luck.  After seeing the veneral diseases that came to inhabit sad souls out of shore leave @ Pattia Beach (one soul's tests came back positive w/23. . .). . .

Ah, the smell of true love, yes?

Take care (and bon appetit!).
and cello sonatas flow through the air. . .

"Diversity is our strength!"

Antibubba

• friend
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2006, 06:48:14 PM »
Jim, that pun goes where even I dare not tread.

Wink
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2006, 06:56:05 PM »
Quote from: Antibubba
Jim, that pun goes where even I dare not tread.

Wink
KILL IT WITH FIRE
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

Stickjockey

• friend
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2006, 05:08:28 AM »
Congrats, Winston!
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

stevelyn

• friend
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2006, 04:01:28 AM »
The One or soul mates.

No such animal exists, but congratulations anyway.

Plan your exit stratagey yet?
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2006, 02:31:24 PM »
Quote from: stevelyn
The One or soul mates.

No such animal exists, but congratulations anyway.

Plan your exit stratagey yet?
And I thought I was cynical...

What was her name?

stevelyn

• friend
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2006, 03:38:52 AM »
What was her name?
More like what were their names?

I seem to attract the mental cases. Only two managed to cost me significant money before I learned my lesson.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Hutch

• friend
The One, or SOUL MATES
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2006, 08:30:27 AM »
I'm late to this party, but the reasons a couple GET together are not the same reasons that they STAY together.  I've been lucky, coming up on 29yrs.  I can reasonably say that neither of us is the same person we were when we tied the knot.

The person you become has a lot to do with who you're with during the journey.

Man this all sounds trite.  Guess I'll never be an author.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.