Author Topic: Sucks to be him!  (Read 752 times)

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
Sucks to be him!
« on: September 11, 2006, 07:15:23 PM »
Not only is he under investigation by the FBI for under the table dealings in Dallas, but now this...

Since one might have to register to enjoy, I'm posting it all here.  

Regards,
Rabbit.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa060911_mo_leearrest.8dc9fa09.html

Former city commissioner arrested at male strip club

10:23 PM CDT on Monday, September 11, 2006

By REBECCA LOPEZ / WFAA-TV

DALLAS - A key target in the FBI's Dallas City Hall corruption investigation was arrested early Sunday morning for public intoxication at a male strip club on Mockingbird Lane in northwest Dallas.

D'Angelo Lee, the embattled former city plan commissioner, said he went to Knubian Fantasiez to pick up women when things turned bad. Lee said men at the male all-nude strip club jumped him and began beating him up.

He said the three men were naked, or barely clothed; and when the fight was over they stole his crocodile skin wallet he said was worth $15,000.

However, police said no one they talked to at the club would corroborate his robbery story.

"The witnesses say they didn't see anything, or they didn't observe anything," said Lt. Rick Watson, Dallas Police Department.

Police investigating the robbery said Lee had bloodshot eyes, smelled of alcohol and then they said he became a threat.

"He refused to leave, so officer's placed him under arrest," Lt. Watson said.

Later at the city's detox center, Lee allegedly threatened a female employee saying, "That's all right. I'm going to get you."

Lee told News 8 he eventually found his wallet and wasn't robbed but just wanted police to find his wallet, which was filled with credit cards.

Lee stepped down from the city's influential plan commission after allegations surfaced that he was not reporting gifts and was voting on zoning cases where he was a paid consultant.

Several months ago, Mayor Pro Tem Don Hill, who appointed Lee to the board at the time, gave Lee praise.

"D'Angelo Lee, in my judgment, is a very fine man," he said. "[He is] a good family man, good Christian and a member of my church and does a really good job on the planning commission."

Lee, along with several city council members and city officials, has been named in federal subpoenas in the city hall corruption investigation.

E-mail rlopez@wfaa.com
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein