Author Topic: Watch where you tax dollars are going  (Read 930 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Watch where you tax dollars are going
« on: December 18, 2007, 04:00:52 AM »
New website launched: Under the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006, readers can now access data relating to federal contracts, including searches by contractor name, location and by the contracting agency. The site is http://usaspending.gov/

Just for fun, check out spending by congressional district.  Go there by clicking the "Assistance" tab.  Look at the amount of money that they list under "unassignable districts" - dollars flowing out but the .gov does not know who is responsible for it happening!

Perhaps we have been to harsh on some of the folks wearing tinfoil hats?

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Watch where you tax dollars are going
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 12:31:17 PM »

Interesting stuff, actually.

My company is in there as the 11th largest contractor.  Woot!
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.