Author Topic: Prescription sleep meds help  (Read 5050 times)

triggertime

Prescription sleep meds help
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2005, 04:52:17 PM »
Valerian root gives me Steven King esque nightmares. A few beers and I wake up at 2am with Tachycardia.

Melatonin and 5-HTP seem to work without any side effects...

vernal45

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2005, 06:20:39 AM »
Lunesta does work, with little side effects on me, but it is damned expensive.  For the past 2 nights I have been taking melatonin and the 5HTP, have no clue how its supposed to work.  It calms me down some, but brain still wont shut down so I can go asleep.  So, I have to take a lunesta after taking the others.  Damn.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2005, 03:40:30 PM »
"Valerian root gives me Steven King esque nightmares."

The one time I took Valerian root, I dreamed that I was on fire.  I hopped out of bed and my skin felt like I had a 3rd degree sunburn. I must have stared in the mirror for a full minute or two before realizing I wasn't badly burned.  Weird stuff!

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2005, 04:37:11 PM »
Quote from: Lee
"Valerian root gives me Steven King esque nightmares."

The one time I took Valerian root, I dreamed that I was on fire.  I hopped out of bed and my skin felt like I had a 3rd degree sunburn. I must have stared in the mirror for a full minute or two before realizing I wasn't badly burned.  Weird stuff!
I remember an ayahuasca ceremony in the mountains outside Tegucigalpa, but, um, wait...we were talking about actually TRYING to sleep...

Never mind. Wink

Felonious (interesting formative years) Fig

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2005, 04:41:21 AM »
Be very careful with Ambien.  It can be addictive and if you take too much of it will have some fairly obnoxious side effects such as memory loss.

No, it didn't happen tome but I've observed this personally.

Trazadone was mentioned earlier.  It's a cheap low-end antidepressant which helps many people sleep.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln