Author Topic: Charlottesville Riot ends with a murder conviction.  (Read 621 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Charlottesville Riot ends with a murder conviction.
« on: December 07, 2018, 07:21:49 PM »
http://www.nbc29.com/story/39605269/fields-trial-day-10

First Degree Murder.

Somehow I don't think this will hold up on appeal. I never thought they had more than manslaughter.

OTOH, if the jury hadn't found him guilty I'm betting there would be crazyness in the streets right now.

It's disturbing to think that this all started because one stupid little girl was "scared" of a statue.  =|
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Charlottesville Riot ends with a murder conviction.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 07:26:17 PM »
The guy was going to get convicted.
Didn't even matter if he was guilty or not, he was going to be convicted.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Charlottesville Riot ends with a murder conviction.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 08:08:05 PM »
The guy was going to get convicted.
Didn't even matter if he was guilty or not, he was going to be convicted.

Well, I will say he's guilty of some things and a woman did actually die. He was no innocent little flower in any of this.

I just don't think first degree murder is what he's guilty of. Manslaughter, no doubt, but not first degree murder. *shrug* When they first brought the charges I seriously did think (and still do) that they never wanted the charge to stick so the town would go nuts again.

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds