Author Topic: There are 74 million bad people in this country  (Read 1624 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: There are 74 million bad people in this country
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2022, 12:52:41 PM »
My impression is the only people even remotely playing attention to this whole Jan 6 trial business were already so blue they could pass for Smurfs and that it's having little to no effect outside of that group.

Agreed,  I should probably pay it at least a little attention but it's such a BS  event I tend to forget about it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2022, 12:59:26 PM »
The dems got it stuck in their head that the Jan 6 trial was their road to winning big on election night. Meanwhile most Americans are far more worried how they're going to pay for food and their heating bills.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2022, 01:47:42 PM »
The 6 Jan event is a perfect illustration of the difference between the 2 sides. The Left can riot all summer long, and actually murder people, and Washington doesn't care. But one, unarmed riot, in which only rioters were killed, and no buildings or vehicles were burned down or destroyed; and it's literally a federal case, w/ serious sentences imposed for even minimal participation.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2022, 01:57:37 PM »
I thought he was agreeing with you.

I was.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2022, 03:37:59 PM »
Again, my point was nothing about muh both sides. Just pointing out we might want to calm down. There may be no off ramp before big igloo but I hope there is. I feel like I have seen this coming for a lot longer than others. I grew up in the 80s in a divorced family. One side I read American rifleman and American hunter all day long. The other was greenpeace magazine and various other boutique lefty pubs. That side of the family at the top were as close to communists as you come without a card. They came up in populist Washington state in the 1930s and came east to DC for a war job. They certainly rubbed elbows if not their own elbows with the stalinists that were pervasive in academia and defense jobs. He designed lots of top secret stuff in the war, I hope he was loyal. Good man, just a progressive through and through. I was in that house for the conversation about supporting Barack in the primary because Hillary was too conservative. I got a good poker face. Once my grandparents were gone I kinda eased away from those gatherings because I am polite enough not to do politics in the family, they are not and some were pretty vile. Hell, the vegan is one of the most reasonable if that says anything. Should I challenge them? Yes, but at this point being away from them and them mostly in the dark on who I am is the best I can manage being emotionally attached. I went down to my old hangouts of downtown Charlottesville to be a spectator to the one year anniversary riots. The left has their foot soldiers and yes they think violence is a dial. We should be very reluctant foot soldiers, that is all I was trying to convey. Again, I hope we can find an off ramp.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2022, 05:12:33 PM »
... Again, I hope we can find an off ramp.

Whoever is in the driver seat doesn't seem interested in finding an exit. They have a destination in mind and we're stuck in the backseat along for the ride. Like you, I have no desire to see the big igloo and would prefer it not happen.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2022, 05:37:04 PM »
It probably won't be main stream "right" that kicks over the hornets nest. But if a violent response comes from the right in reaction to even more left wing violence it will the the right that gets hammered by the administration, the DOJ and the media.
I don't want to see sectarian violence, wide spread or otherwise, but I'm not sure we can avoid it. I am maybe a bit (pleasantly?)surprised that we haven't seen more response in kind from the right when violently attacked by the usual suspects on the left.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2022, 07:06:48 PM »
There is no off ramp. This ends in bloodshed.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2022, 10:59:31 PM »
It probably won't be main stream "right" that kicks over the hornets nest. But if a violent response comes from the right in reaction to even more left wing violence it will the the right that gets hammered by the administration, the DOJ and the media.
I don't want to see sectarian violence, wide spread or otherwise, but I'm not sure we can avoid it. I am maybe a bit (pleasantly?)surprised that we haven't seen more response in kind from the right when violently attacked by the usual suspects on the left.

"Good people" can and will take only so much abuse before they react.  I hope to avoid violence but, like Dogmush's post, I'm not sure it CAN be avoided.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2022, 12:39:21 AM »
A pistol each, 1.5k+ rounds of ammo, formerly known as a "takes no *expletive deleted*it kinda guy", and led a long and fulfilling life. The epitome of FA&FO.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2022, 06:56:41 AM »
There is no off ramp. This ends in bloodshed.
A violent riot spilling into either the wrong residential area or a small business district with rooftop Koreans (or the equivalent) will do it.

And if the police go after the residents rather than the rioters, they'll be seen as part of the riot, and become targets themselves.

Things will swiftly go downhill from there.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2022, 07:34:45 AM »
A violent riot spilling into either the wrong residential area or a small business district with rooftop Koreans (or the equivalent) will do it.

And if the police go after the residents rather than the rioters, they'll be seen as part of the riot, and become targets themselves.

Things will swiftly go downhill from there.  =(

Not even that.  We'll continue to splinter off into smaller groups.  Those groups will talk *expletive deleted*it about each other in there respective internet bubbles with dedicated folks from each group stoking angst in the other (I don't know what it is, but I'm sure there is a lefty version of Twitchy).  Occasionally two disparate groups will interact in real life and blood will be shed, then folks will go back to life and crying about it on the internet.  Grudges will be held to make violence easier the next time.  The Afghanistan model of a civilization.

You already see it with some conservatives folks caught in Antifa neighborhoods.  I'm willing to believe there's missing Antifa folks that got caught in the wrong place after a protest, but I think right wing violent folks are more likely to successfully SSS than Antifa, who want to livestream their shenanigan's.