Author Topic: Syrian-American on his way to attack a Fargo parade killed in police shoot out.  (Read 1811 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Anyone remember seeing anything about this in the US media? Occurred last month but I don't remember seeing anything about it.

He opened fired on police officers that were responding to an unrelated car crash killing one before they managed to take him out. Turns out he had much bigger plans

Bodycam footage has emerged of a Fargo police officer taking down a Syrian would-be mass murderer armed with an AK-47, 1,800 rounds of ammunition, a grenade and  enough explosives to obliterate a crowd in what would have been a catastrophic domestic terrorist attack last month had it not been thwarted.

Gunman Mohamad Barakat, who moved to the US in 2012 as an asylum seeker, was on his way to carry out an attack in Fargo at a parade on July 14 when he opened fire on police officers responding to a car crash.

Police say they have not found any evidence that he was a religious fanatic, and believe instead that he was motivated purely by hate and fascinated by mass shootings.  He became a naturalized US citizen in 2019.

Neither the FBI nor the Department of Homeland Security has confirmed whether or not he was on any kind of watchlist.

That sounds like a yes to me

In addition to the weapons in his car, Barakat also three cannisters of gasoline and two propane tanks filled with Tannerite - a highly explosive material.

Fargo police take down Syrian asylum seeker Mohamad Barakat on his way to commit 'mass casualty attack' in new bodycam footage
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12417691/Officials-discuss-video-evidence-Fargo-shooting-ambush.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
They don't want realistic concerns popping up about immigrants.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
They don't want realistic concerns popping up about immigrants.

You got that 100% right.

I'm surprised that they even mentioned that he was allowed in on a asylum basis.  Why, that could imply that there are others claiming  asylum who are really seeking to destroy the United States.

What a bunch of suckers the U.S. citizenry has become.

I've said it before:  "Excessive do-goodery will cause the downfall of America."

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.