Author Topic: Ex-Skynyrd Drummer Arrested for 2nd Time (sex offender)  (Read 686 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Ex-Skynyrd Drummer Arrested for 2nd Time (sex offender)
« on: November 30, 2007, 03:07:31 PM »
The seventies are finally over

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/11/29/entertainment/e045823S31.DTL
Former Lynyrd Skynyrd drummer Artimus Pyle has been arrested a second time after failing to properly register as a sex offender, sheriff's officials said.

The 59-year-old musician, whose real name is Thomas Delmer Pyle, was arrested Tuesday at one of three addresses he gave to authorities, Sgt. Chuck Mulligan said. He was being held Wednesday on $50,000 bond, Mulligan told The Florida Times-Union. Jail records do not show whether he had a lawyer.

Pyle had been released on $10,000 bond after being arrested on the same charge Nov. 19. He was arrested again after he still didn't register a new permanent address, officials said.

The address on Pyle's driver's license no longer belongs to the musician, Mulligan said. He said Pyle has a home in North Carolina but has told authorities he wants to register at a Florida address.

Pyle pleaded guilty in 1993 to charges of attempted capital sexual battery by an adult on a victim younger than 12 and being principal to lewd and lascivious behavior on a child younger than 16. He was sentenced to eight years of probation.

According to Lynyrd Skynyrd's Web site, Pyle joined the band in 1975 and left in 1992

Whats your name,little girl?
 Lynyrd Skynyrd

Well, its 8 o'clock in Boise, Idaho
I'll find my limo driver
Mister, take us to the show
I done made some plans for later on tonight
I'll find a little queen
And I know I can treat her right.

[chorus]
What's your name, little girl?
What's your name?
Shootin' you straight, little girl?
Won't you do the same?.

Back at the hotel
Lord we got such a mess
It seems that one of the crew
Had a go with one of the guests, oh yes
Well, the police said we can't drink in the bar
What a shame
Won't you come upstairs girl
And have a drink of champagne

What's your name, little girl?
What's your name?
Shootin' you straight, little girl?
For there ain't no shame.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

DJJ

• friend
Re: Ex-Skynyrd Drummer Arrested for 2nd Time (sex offender)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:12:25 PM »
That's too bad. It was Pyle who walked some distance with his broken ribs sticking out of his side to get help after the band's plane crash.

atomd

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 05:17:21 PM »
If people could be arrested for haircuts, the rest of them would be in trouble too.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 08:39:06 PM »
That's too bad. It was Pyle who walked some distance with his broken ribs sticking out of his side to get help after the band's plane crash.

My own (utterly unqualified I hasten to add) opinion of the human psyche is that physical fortitude, while an unusual and positive trait, is absolutely no guaranteur of moral character... and the obverse...

No question in my mind that Ghengis Kahn would have lasted longer than Christ hanging on the cross before dying. No question in my mind as of which of them I'd rather have babysit my children. And no, I'm not being flippant, I believe both of those statements and don't think either of them is an insult to Jesus Christ.

Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 04:11:04 PM »
From what I have heard about Christ, he wasn't some skinny weakling. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge